• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS, I Love You- Greg Miller's new PlayStation Podcast

But thats been their shtick forever. So they are quite right to say thats what to expect, They've been doing it that way for years.

I know, although I feel that Podcast Beyond was never so bad in that way imo.
And I'm just saying that I'm not a fan of such a reasoning, it's like saying we make bad content, but people know they can expect that.

I know, although I feel that Podcast Beyond was never so bad in that way imo.
And I'm just saying that I'm not a fan of such a reasoning, it's like saying we make bad content, but people know they can expect that.

I personally quite like the tangents, I enjoyed the wings, the visit from the water guy. When they guys are into it, its funny. The last episode did feel ponderous because they guys were so evidently tired and not feeling in the best mood, so all the tangent stuff felt like them not being bothered. I feel like a lot of the tangent stuff lets you get to know the guys a little bit better.

True, I also found that post a little bit weird, but I always get irritated when someone says that we can't criticize them (or anyone for that matter) and should just say how we love them and their content in this topic.

Criticism is fine but some times everything seems to get a little bit personal, I guess thats just the nature of internet anonymity.

But honestly its clear what the podcast is, and I don't think they are going to change it, I enjoy it, some episodes are better than others but thats true of any series. There have been a few podcasts I tried to listen to and just didn't enjoy it, so instead of complaining and wanting them to change what they've been doing for years to suit my tastes, I just stopped listening.

Maximo

I personally quite like the tangents, I enjoyed the wings, the visit from the water guy. When they guys are into it, its funny. The last episode did feel ponderous because they guys were so evidently tired and not feeling in the best mood, so all the tangent stuff felt like them not being bothered. I feel like a lot of the tangent stuff lets you get to know the guys a little bit better.

Love the tangent stuff I always love when their Podcasts go completly off topic in the insanity. Gregs jokes about last week's GameOverGreggy podcast how he would abuse the power of teleportation, dressing up in a silver suit cape and goggles and teleporting scaring women during ultrasounds "I am your child from the future!" before peacing out.

True, I also found that post a little bit weird, but I always get irritated when someone says that we can't criticize them (or anyone for that matter) and should just say how we love them and their content in this topic.

The thing that I just have to agree with others on, is that it seems like this thread gets a lot of "driveby shots" at them both, without any real feedback or without doing it in a way that isn't hostile towards them. Again, I took a week off from coming to this thread. I watch the episode, come in here to comment, and see stuff like what I quoted for you. That is the kind of stuff that anonymous people have no problem saying over the Internet, but as much as Colin or Greg say not to feed the trolls, etc, no one would like to read stuff like that, ESPECIALLY from some anonymous rando that does not understand what it is like to be tired once in your life. It's demoralizing. How many episodes of Gamescast, GameoverGreggy, PSILYXOXO have we gotten that were high quality and no one commended them for that? The guys were tired. They said it on the show. Be nice to people. Offer criticism if needed, but don't go offending anyone.

Sorry for the rant, this is definitely not aimed at you Real Madrid since we are on the same side, the ones I am talking to know who they are.

vypek

I like Colin.

Me too. Especially since he edits what he writes even when no one else will ever see it. Something that I (try) to do as well. Colin and Greg have a great balance between them that I like. Their banter is a huge part of why I watch. I really enjoy it. Best part in the more recent weeks was Colin doing his monologue while Greg was going up and down the stairs.

Me too. Especially since he edits what he writes even when no one else will ever see it. Something that I (try) to do as well. Colin and Greg have a great balance between them that I like. Their banter is a huge part of why I watch. I really enjoy it.Best part in the more recent weeks was Colin doing his monologue while Greg was going up and down the stairs.

Yea, that was hilarious. I distinctly remember listening to that on my way home and watching it on YouTube and thought it was even funnier.

Thats the problem with Kinda Funny mentioning people as "Best Friends" people can get alittle weird..Nothing wrong with it but like always people can go alittle too far either side, its like someone personally dissing a "friend" you love, you would certainly defend them. And on the other side since your their "friend" your most likely to question them first when they mess up.
In any case It wasn't the best episode nothing wrong with keeping it casual but when the Host/Hosts are tired and not into the Podcast it makes for a boring time listening, and thats with any type of media. Still love Colin/Greg/Tim/Nick just remember to take it easy or and don't overextend yourselfs, personally wouldn't have cared if the episode was late a few days.

I think this hits the nail on the head and really sort of identifies the problem. People take things WAY to seriously.

Thats the problem with Kinda Funny mentioning people as "Best Friends" people can get alittle weird..Nothing wrong with it but like always people can go alittle too far either side, its like someone personally dissing a "friend" you love, you would certainly defend them. And on the other side since your their "friend" your most likely to question them first when they mess up.

This is why I wanted to be scumbags.

RoKKeR

I appreciated this week's Vita topic as I've started using mine recently for the first time in years. Got some suggestions on Gaf but I'll take a look at a few of the games Greg and Collin mentioned. I definitely need to look at a few PSOne classics like Castlevania and FFXVII, two games I've never played before.

Keep up the good work guys. I've only started listening to PSILY in the last month or so, and even though Vita is the only PS platform I own I still enjoy the news, banter, and format of the show.

Hey guys JACKIE T HERE.

Holy shit i die when they go into Jackie T mode, please Colin get him on.

That shit is hilarious, I do it at work and some of my co-workers give me the "wtf is wrong with you?"

I'll say their names instead of Colin. Like "Hey Cassandra, Jackie T here"

Who the fuck is Jackie T?

I think on the episode before last Greg also made a funny joke about it.

Omlagus

That shit is hilarious, I do it at work and some of my co-workers give me the "wtf is wrong with you?"

I'll say their names instead of Colin. Like "Hey Cassandra, Jackie T here"

Who the fuck is Jackie T?

I think on the episode before last Greg also made a funny joke about it.

It's a reference to Jack Tretton, the former head of PlayStation in the US. He used to be the main guy on stage at E3 before Shawn Layden took over the role.

It's a reference to Jack Tretton, the former head of PlayStation in the US. He used to be the main guy on stage at E3 before Shawn Layden took over the role.

No, I got it brother. I know who Jack Tretton is, when I mimick Colin at work and bother my co-workers their reaction is "who tf is Jackie T?"

Yea, no Jack Tretton was awesome, after PS4 launched and E3 happened he just left on top. Don't blame him either although I kinda miss him.

I'm familiar enough with the PS folks because of people like Colin & Greg.

Shu, Jackie T, Scott Rohde, heads of certain Sony WWS etc.

Omlagus

No, I got it brother. I know who Jack Tretton is, when I mimick Colin at work and bother my co-workers their reaction is "who tf is Jackie T?"

Yea, no Jack Tretton was awesome, after PS4 launched and E3 happened he just left on top. Don't blame him either although I kinda miss him.

I'm familiar enough with the PS folks because of people like Colin & Greg.

Shu, Jackie T, Scott Rohde, heads of certain Sony WWS etc.

Lol! Sorry, I took that "who is Jackie T?" to be you asking who it was, not your co-workers reaction.

And yeah, Jackie T is one of my favourite bits as well.

Lexad

I swear I have wanted to do the Jackie t bit in front of people and then sadly realize no one would have a clue who he is

If you don't watch Colin and Greg Live, just know a new meme has started that seems to be gaining traction. I'm sure Greg has brought this up on the podcast before, but many times in the past he's mentioned that when he finished Gone Home, he immediately walked over to his girlfriend Kristine and hugged her. On Colin and Greg Live, after hearing that for the umpteenth time, Colin questioned Greg on why he did it. He then went on to make a joke out of it where the crux of the joke is when something is finished, something/someone (often not all that related to the finished thing) is hugged. It can be anything. I honestly can see it leading to a shirt.

Criticism is fine but some times everything seems to get a little bit personal, I guess thats just the nature of internet anonymity.
I suppose when the product your selling is your personality it's hard not to end up judging the person on some level.

For example, overall I really enjoy kinda funny but I have learned that if politics come up I just can't watch because I often find colins opinions to be terrible and really make me see him in a different light. Now it's not representative of everything he thinks or does but it's such an important issue that affects everyone that I can't help but change my opinion of him.

Corpsepyre

Banned
Colin and Greg must be big here as they say Kratos is a terrible character and they don't care for the games. Well, atleast Colin. They'd fit right in. :p

They also mention that they had heard of the studio going with Norse a couple of years back. Seems legit. I can't wait. Will buy it twice.

In 2011 I was in the middle of my 4 year life circumstances imposed gaming hiatus. I remember the PSN outage being a thing but I don't remember how severe it was.

When I jumped back into gaming was when looking back and seeing people's reactions that I was like "wow this was bad" and the gifs of Kaz and the others bowing for however long.

It's hilarious how this thread only got 3 replies after the link was posted. You know it was a good episode because people aren't throwing rocks or filling pages with complaints directed at them both... Sigh.

Anyway guys it was great episode. Listened to it late at night while playing the Division. I am seriously looking forward to Severed as well, and it really is as you say. Vita owners need to get this game. I'm going to be dusting my little baby off just for it. I am also doing it in preparation for Ray Gigant, that is out sometime in May. You guys should look it up, game looks goddamn gorgeous. Continue the great work you two!

Really loved this episode. Seemed like there was a lot to talk about and it's cool to hear them confirming the Norse God of War with the rumblings they've heard.

Colin's R&C bit made me wish that he still writes reviews.

Agreed. I put a couple of hours into the game last night too and so far I agree with everything he's said. haha

Fantastic episode. I was on the fence about R&C considering I never really played one. I think I will be definitely be picking it up now!

Has it really been 5 years? Doesn't feel like it.

Good episode this week, and Colin's conversation about Ratchet has gotten me so excited for it.

Based on his impression I would definitely buy R&C too. Loved the series as a kid. But as I see my midterms coming, I won't have as much time to play. And then Severed drops... And then a few days later, Uncharted 4... So yeah. I probably won't get around to it in a good while. Pretty happy to see positive feedback though, since I grew on those games. Specially with the movie, I feel like kids are going to be all over it.

Jackie T here, chillin' in the Galapolos Islands.

Great episode. Colin's got me very excited to start Ratchet & Clank. Got it waiting for me at my house :D

I also think that Playstation having trophy progress tracking would be an amazing feature. I first noticed it on Xbox when I was playing Sunset Overdrive last year and thought it was super handy. Sony knows how passionate their fans are about trophies. Maybe they'll add it in at some point (PS 4.5?). But, like Greg, I'm not a gaming engineer and have no idea how all that works or how complicated something like that is. Here's hoping though!

vypek

Jackie T here, chillin' in the Galapolos Islands.

Great episode. Colin's got me very excited to start Ratchet & Clank. Got it waiting for me at my house :D

I also think that Playstation having trophy progress tracking would be an amazing feature. I first noticed it on Xbox when I was playing Sunset Overdrive last year and thought it was super handy. Sony knows how passionate their fans are about trophies. Maybe they'll add it in at some point (PS 4.5?). But, like Greg, I'm not a gaming engineer and have no idea how all that works or how complicated something like that is. Here's hoping though!

Something I love about the Xbox Achievements is that when they show up they tell you the description so you know what you did that actually made it pop. For trophies I wind up syncing at the end of my gaming sessions and reading what I did. Maybe I should just read them beforehand lol.

Also, great episode.

I haven't finished the episode but the opening was good (Greg's baker's dozen and Colin with his brief solo) lol.

I am glad people are fond of R&C. One of the best PS exclusive franchises over the years.

I loved Ratchet and Clank on PS2, though I haven't paid much attention to this remake/reimagining - after listening to them discuss the game on the podcast this week, if I had a PS4, I would've picked it up immediately.

Something I love about the Xbox Achievements is that when they show up they tell you the description so you know what you did that actually made it pop. For trophies I wind up syncing at the end of my gaming sessions and reading what I did. Maybe I should just read them beforehand lol.

Also, great episode.

Yeah I like the description on what the achievement actually was. Although, I love how sleek and simple the trophy pop is: trophy artwork and title on the top left of the screen. And I also like how Xbox automatically syncs your achievements when you get them rather than having to launch the app and have it synced manually.

Pakesaker

I really enjoyed this episode and thought that there were some good community questions as well. It was also fun to hear Colin gushing over Ratchet & Clank. Keep the Jackie T impressions coming, kills me every single time.

Skull_Guppy

Neo Member
Another fantastic episode guys! I really appreciate the hard work and dedication you guys put into your craft. Its easy for people with an outside perspective to view everything you do with a microscope and be overly critical or ignorant to the tremendous amount of work and dedication that goes into production.

I enjoy listening to your show because you feel like friends even though Ive never met you. I work in production myself and work very long hours with few days off ( vacations don't really exist.) When I get home I make it a priority to spend that time with my daughter so playing games is just in small bursts ( Thanks to the Vita ).

When I drive home from work in the evenings it's one of the very few moments I get to myself. I look forward to tuning in every week and forgetting about the stress of life to listen to my "friends" on PS, I love you. And for a moment, I remember to laugh and think about my lifelong comfort blanket of video gaming. Your hard work matters to me on a personal level and helps push me along. Looking forward to next week, thanks again.

Regarding the discussion of the PSN outage, I'm with Colin and Greg in that I'm surprised how little long term impact this seems to have had. It seemed like a colossal issue at the time, and it did last quite awhile. IT seems like their apology gifts along with continued smart consumer focused decisions have built up enough goodwill, that most Playstation gamers have forgiven and moved on.

Who's jackie T?

Former Playstation higher up. He always hosted their E3 showcase.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Tretton

Who's jackie T?

Jack Tretton, former president/CEO of SCEA

Jack-Tretton.jpg

Top Bottom