• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS, I Love You- Greg Miller's new PlayStation Podcast

Colin's general mood isn't good either. He comes off as lethargic and uninterested here and there. He seems to be going through the motions sometimes.
Welcome to adult hood lol. Doesn't bother me really. When he is excited about things in the gaming world it's rare, but I appreciate it more because it's genuine. Horizon or I am Setsuna are good examples. It also helps that we kinda like similar things, so if Colin is excited about something 9 times out of 10 I know I'm not going to hate it. Guess I just see aspects of myself in him, but none of those personality quirks bother me in the slightest.

- I have a pretty dominant personality, I don't try to come across as condescending or anything, but I am passionate when I speak about things I care about

- I always play games on hard or higher even the first play through. I love challenging games

- gameplay comes first, but I also like to be engaged. I appreciate games that are just fun, but games like TLOU which has amazing story, pacing, and fun gameplay are the creme of the crop for me. I think the same for Colin going off his review on IGN of the title.

So yeah...Colin if you skim over this, I hope you give SFV a go one day. It's one of PS4's evergreen titles IMO and right up your alley. Easy to learn, hard to master, but man, once you have a chess match with someone it literally is one of gaming's greatest pleasures. I could even train you man, try it. That goes for everyone.

Bolivar687

Banned
Colin and Greg used to deflect criticism around here with "how long have you been listening to us?" but that line of defense feels much more apt now, with the latest string of complaints in this thread.

If you can't stand an authoritative tone, or if you get offended when someone takes a strong stance challenging your opinion, you need to stay far, far away from PSILY and you honestly should have known that well in advance. Colin has demonstrably had more energy since they started Kinda Funny Games than he did at the end with IGN and hosting two of the last few PlayStation casts, to say nothing of C&GL everyday, is a testament to that.

You guys really wouldn't be taking cheap shots if you didn't know he was reading this thread.

Oh no, a Neo podcast! Haha, I can't wait to listen... Colin's position on this console has been a bit misinformed from the beginning, so I'm looking forward to seeing what he has to say this time.

I assume it's probably going to be negative, though, seeing as he seems to have already made up his mind about it before Sony's barely said a word.

Looking forward to the show.

sh1fty

You guys really wouldn't be taking cheap shots if you didn't know he was reading this thread.

Cheap shots?

Can't speak for everyone but I'm just trying to provide constructive criticisms. I imagine C&G appreciate hearing honest feedback about ways they can improve their content.

There is no doubting these guys are hard working and often sacrifice much of their personal time and energy creating content for us fans.

I standby my idea that Colin needs some time off to recharge the batteries and hopefully come back in a more positive mood! I'm sure he'd love to spend more time with Erin & Lola.

Curufinwe

I don't agree with this because when the price on a game has dropped almost universally at retail after it's been out for 5+ months, that same game is still higher on the digital store the majority of the time.

Yeah, it's not true. But the realities of the console game marketplace tend to be ignored by people who are convinced an all digital future is just around the corner. Meanwhile console makers keep making new consoles that use physical media because selling games on disc and digitally guarantees them the biggest reach.

Colin and Greg used to deflect criticism around here with "how long have you been listening to us?" but that line of defense feels much more apt now, with the latest string of complaints in this thread.

If you can't stand an authoritative tone, or if you get offended when someone takes a strong stance challenging your opinion, you need to stay far, far away from PSILY and you honestly should have known that well in advance. Colin has demonstrably had more energy since they started Kinda Funny Games than he did at the end with IGN and hosting two of the last few PlayStation casts, to say nothing of C&GL everyday, is a testament to that.

I agree. I don't find Colin stubborn. I find him firm. There's a difference. He does also on occasion change his view when there's a compelling argument against.

I really hate talking about him in third person since I know he'll read this but I just don't agree with the stance that he's somehow harming his own show. I feel like he's more energetic overall than he's ever been and especially the last few weeks he's really getting back into playing a lot of games.

I do love the special guests but it has little to do with Colin or Greg themselves and moreso that I just think it keeps things fresh and fun and I love most of the guys they have on

br3wnor

The problem isn't contrasting personalities. The people complaining are people who (used to?) regularly view episodes. So, we obviously like the dynamic.

It is just that Colin can be annoyingly stubborn and overbearing with his opinions and it can be draining. I disagree on things with Greg at times as well but he doesn't irk me with how he gives his opinion.

Colin's general mood isn't good either. He comes off as lethargic and uninterested here and there. He seems to be going through the motions sometimes.

Weird, I don't take that way from the show at all. Colin comes off as passionate for me moreso than stubborn or overbearing. He has a very clear idea of what his opinion is and he doesn't hold back or try to sanitize it for a greater audience. I appreciate that about him, he has a very professorial look on the industry especially, and what I like about him the most is how much he cares about the minutia and behind the scenes stuff that makes gaming possible. I think they're a great pair and Greg is the glue that keeps the show running, but Colin is the substance.

I don't understand the 'mood' critique either. Maybe it's a geographical thing, but I live on Long Island and that's kinda just how we are. I've met plenty of people with Colin's general demeanor and it doesn't bother me at all. He's a realist who doesn't have time for bullshit.

Colin has definitely been in a better mood, remember when he was going through his depressed phase? Got him some new "mooshoo"...boy is all sunshine now lol

The power of love

Banned
I agree. I don't find Colin stubborn. I find him firm. There's a difference. He does also on occasion change his view when there's a compelling argument against.

I really hate talking about him in third person since I know he'll read this but I just don't agree with the stance that he's somehow harming his own show. I feel like he's more energetic overall than he's ever been and especially the last few weeks he's really getting back into playing a lot of games.

I do love the special guests but it has little to do with Colin or Greg themselves and moreso that I just think it keeps things fresh and fun and I love most of the guys they have on
You know how awful this podcast would be if it was just circle jerking about anything Playstation related between Greg and Colin?

I like honest, firm and transparent hosts are are consistent in their beliefs and listen to both sides of an argument and don't belittle others opinions.

Weird, I don't take that way from the show at all. Colin comes off as passionate for me moreso than stubborn or overbearing. He has a very clear idea of what his opinion is and he doesn't hold back or try to sanitize it for a greater audience. I appreciate that about him, he has a very professorial look on the industry especially, and what I like about him the most is how much he cares about the minutia and behind the scenes stuff that makes gaming possible. I think they're a great pair and Greg is the glue that keeps the show running, but Colin is the substance.

I don't understand the 'mood' critique either. Maybe it's a geographical thing, but I live on Long Island and that's kinda just how we are. I've met plenty of people with Colin's general demeanor and it doesn't bother me at all. He's a realist who doesn't have time for bullshit.
Agreed.

Roufianos

The podcast basically is Colin. He's the one giving the opinions and talking 70% of the time.

I wouldn't even bother watching KF if it wasn't for him. Nick is great too.

JTripper

I wouldn't want Colin to act any differently. His opinion and demeanor on the podcasts are a big reason as to why I listen to them every week. And even so, Colin speaks his mind like he should, and I don't find that insulting in the least because he's never trying to insult or be brash for the sake of being negative. Contrasting my opinion with any of those guys on certain subjects is part of what makes Kinda Funny entertaining.

But I'm also from "Real America", and like my cold cuts cut thin, so maybe I just like agreeing with Colin.

Bolivar687

Banned
But I'm also from "Real America", and like my cold cuts cut thin, so maybe I just like agreeing with Colin.

Lol I was going to bring this up with the dude mentioning Long Island above.

As a Jersey native, I also think this boils down to how some people just can't handle Real America.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
I wouldn't want Colin to act any differently. His opinion and demeanor on the podcasts are a big reason as to why I listen to them every week. And even so, Colin speaks his mind like he should, and I don't find that insulting in the least because he's never trying to insult or be brash for the sake of being negative. Contrasting my opinion with any of those guys on certain subjects is part of what makes Kinda Funny entertaining.
I agree. As much as i disagree with Colin and dislike his demeanor. I dont think hes going against the grain just for the sake to do it. It's obviously how he feels. I can't hate a man for his own opinion.

I agree. As much as i disagree with Colin and dislike his demeanor. I dont think hes going against the grain just for the sake to do it. It's obviously how he feels. I can't hate a man for his own opinion.

The funny thing is the the way you described Colin is how Colin described Bernie Sanders. He almost always disagreed with anything he said, but he always said he respected he was consistent and unwavering, even if it was detrimental.

You know how awful this podcast would be if it was just circle jerking about anything Playstation related between Greg and Colin?

I like honest, firm and transparent hosts are are consistent in their beliefs and listen to both sides of an argument and don't belittle others opinions.

I feel like Colin and Greg are everything you just said you like

¯_(ツ)_/¯

Banned
I feel like Colin and Greg are everything you just said you like

¯_(ツ)_/¯
They are. That's my point. I love Colin and Greg because of that. I was saying the podcast would suck if Greg and Colin praised every announcement and game out of the Sony camp.

Makes the IGN podcasts hard to listen too.

The funny thing is the the way you described Colin is how Colin described Bernie Sanders. He almost always disagreed with anything he said, but he always said he respected he was consistent and unwavering, even if it was detrimental.

He might have said at some point he respected him but man did he shit talk Bernie and his supporters all the time on Twitter.

But it wasn't so grating back in the IGN days when Colin was just on Podcast Beyond once a week, with two or three other people to balance him out. Now that it's 5 days of C&GL, a PlayStation podcast, a general interest podcast, and an overall games podcast, Colin's attitude and stubbornness gets a little much.

It reminds me of sports radio guys who have 5 hour shifts 5 days a week, they end up spewing out the same info over and over and over again. Or like DKHF says below, they end up talking about something they're not familiar with and saying incorrect things or making wild guesses and disguising them as facts.

Not to say I don't like Colin, I was listening to Beyond since 2009 so clearly I am/was a fan, I just think the Kinda Funny format hasn't been the greatest, I'm missing the IGN days.

I omitted the parts you wrote about what's better for Colin or how he is allegedly more reclusive now because I don't pretend to know his life, but some of the other constructive criticism you gave is kind of what I've been feeling when I hear some of the things he's been saying lately. It's not that I can't handle opinions I don't agree with like some are suggesting. And it's not like this is a major crisis because I still enjoy listening to the show every week. But I might actually be starting to prefer the Gamescast for the different perspective and optimism that Tim brings which surprises me.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
I honestly think the Neo will be 499 if they're actually going to shove as much power as they can to compete with Scorpio.

499 is way too high IMO, but I still think that's what's going to happen, 399 is way too optimistic

I'll be very surprised if the price is higher than $400. After all, the base PS4 would be lowered to $300. Highly doubt that Neo is worth a $200 difference. Can see a $100 difference but not $200.

I omitted the parts you wrote about what's better for Colin or how he is allegedly more reclusive now because I don't pretend to know his life, but some of the other constructive criticism you gave is kind of what I've been feeling when I hear some of the things he's been saying lately. It's not that I can't handle opinions I don't agree with like some are suggesting. And it's not like this is a major crisis because I still enjoy listening to the show every week. But I might actually be starting to prefer the Gamescast for the different perspective and optimism that Tim brings which surprises me.

For the record, I meant he's reclusive in the sense that he's not going to the IGN office every day, he's spending a lot more time at home since he's working from home. I haven't listened to C&GL or GOG enough to comment if he's reclusive in his personal life or not these days.

This is totally an assumption on my part, but I have a feeling that part of the big stream tomorrow will be a live PS I Love You XOXO. They are doing the show from 10AM-10PM (Pacific). I doubt they'd then go on to record an episode of PS I Love You. The last time they had one of these long streams, they did just that (with Dan Ryckert as a guest). So, again, I'm assuming you'll be able to see PS I Love You XOXO live tomorrow.

DKHF

This is totally an assumption on my part, but I have a feeling that part of the big stream tomorrow will be a live PS I Love You XOXO. They are doing the show from 10AM-10PM (Pacific). I doubt they'd then go on to record an episode of PS I Love You. The last time they had one of these long streams, they did just that (with Dan Ryckert as a guest). So, again, I'm assuming you'll be able to see PS I Love You XOXO live tomorrow.
I'm not sure because they said they had already recorded this week's episode before the last episode and it's about PS4's best games.

Some Nobody

He might have said at some point he respected him but man did he shit talk Bernie and his supporters all the time on Twitter.

I just started listening to Kinda Funny and I'm not sure how much I can take of Colin's politics (I laughed at his gun control rant), but they do so much other stuff that I don't ever really have to think about it.

And to be honest when it comes to stuff like gaming I tend to agree with him. The stuff about No Man's Sky? Where he was like "none of this shit matters, it's all just math" has been my opinion since Day 1 and I'm glad someone else could see through the BS. His stance on video game insiders, where he couldn't figure out exactly why so many people are into letting corporations spoon-feed them information rather than letting people working in the industry break news? I was right there with him.

He's passionate when it matters and when he doesn't care he's dismissive. I get that--I'm very much like that.

Yay! I was right! Live PS I Love You XOXO tomorrow! (Also live episodes of GameOverGreggy Show and Gamescast, too!)

https://kindafunnyforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=8950&p=157166#p157166

10:00a - Stream Kicks Off
10:30a - Kinda Funny Studios Debut
11:00a - Colin & Greg Live
12:30p - The GameOverGreggy Show
2:00p - Kinda Funny Plays Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
3:30p - Kinda Funny Gamescast
6:00p - PS I Love You XOXO
7:30p - Kinda Funny Plays Deus Ex Go

All of that won’t fill the entire 12 hours, of course, but… well… that’s just part of the fun.

mdubs

Banned
PSILUXOXO studio
64d87be5a5.jpg

Studio looks fantastic. Watched the reveal trailer live and got GOOSEBUMPS. Congratulations to you folks. Very much looking forward to the brand spanking shiny looking content that is going to come out of there.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I hate these live podcasts that they do. So cringey. I guess I am going to be skipping this one.

It's not so much cringe worthy as it is the audio quality is always sub par. Nobody's fault is what it is at events like this with the panel and audience.

This isn't a PSILoveYouXOXO thing. It's a general live podcast thing.

Top Bottom