• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS, I Love You- Greg Miller's new PlayStation Podcast

Acorn

I've always hated live podcasts from everyone(I basically can't listen to how did this get made anymore due to 99% being live).

Podcasts are a solitary activity for me that I listen to at night before bed, random whooping and stuff makes it feel weird to me. Plus it changes the nature of the 'performance'.

sh1fty

I watched a few of the streams on twitch yesterday and Colin made an interesting comment about how with this new studio it feels like a new job (having to come in each day and work a full day from the studio). I think this could be a benefit to their content (outside of the obvious visual and audio upgrades). Could be that much needed "shake up" some of us felt was necessary for PSILY... I could see them wanting to bring more guests onto the show with the new space.

Interesting that Abzu is just a cheap knockoff of Journey but it's fine that Inside is similar to Limbo (I liked Abzu a good bit and enjoy Inside so far).

Greg knocked it out with his pitch for Vita 2.

Edit: Lol I remember Anime Tit Lover being read last week by Colin. We need two Worst Names of the Week next week!

Well, it helps that Inside is head and shoulders above its predecessor.

i disagree. haven't played abzu thought to comment on the comparison. but inside's second half was relatively unimpressive to me unfortunately
even with the batshit insane last 20 minutes or so. i thought the visuals and environments got stale, sterile and boring down the stretch. the most visually interesting areas were the outdoors areas of the start of the game
. and the new mechanics introduced didn't do enough to make me praise it the way it has been. it was a great experience, but i don't think it's better than limbo

Interesting that Abzu is just a cheap knockoff of Journey but it's fine that Inside is similar to Limbo (I liked Abzu a good bit and enjoy Inside so far).

Greg knocked it out with his pitch for Vita 2.

Edit: Lol I remember Anime Tit Lover being read last week by Colin. We need two Worst Names of the Week next week!

I actually don't know how you could say Journey is so much better than Abzu, I mean, they are very very similar.

Getting to play Abzu on PC was a treat as well, the whole presentation at high frame rate and resolution was simply wonderful to experience.

imBask

Banned
Collins talk about the Witcher 3 is why I drop this podcast.

he said it's an incredible game but he just can't play it because of the way HE plays game. He keeps hammering how it puts every other open world to shame

maybe you heard it wrong or something

Logash

Complaining About the mapping being too big and being content rich

Ahh well I mean he said it was a good game. I personally like the game but there is nothing wrong with someone thinking it's too dense. It's an opinion you know? I don't like CoD and he loves CoD but that doesn't mean I should stop watching.

krae_man

PAX stuff was amazing.

Disappointed I missed the Sandman entrance.

At least I got to see Greg in a wheelchair breaking kayfabe to get off the stage:lol

I loved The Witcher but I can understand Colin's complaint. The map is overwhelmingly dense but you don't have to tick off every single question mark. Doing that would have driven me mad. I focused on the main and side quests and occasionally checked out a question mark if I went past it. I don't think they should have been on the map by default though.

schaft0620

I've said disparaging things about Colin in the past and I disagreed with him on some things but holy shit he's winning me over he is so right here.

I wanna see the people that were freaking out over Colin's views on the Neo in this thread come back in here and talk to us again. Boy do we have a lot to talk about lol.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I don't think this negatively effects PS4 OG owners as much as many Colin and myself included worried about going in. It existing doesn't really effect me one iota.

That being said I'm still with Colin in that I'd rather have had them wait and just release a PS5 sooner rather than this weird ass PS4.5 (really 4.25 IM0).

Instead I would have focused on VR instead vs having to sell two products and market both.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I don't think this negatively effects PS4 OG owners as much as many Colin and myself included worried about going in. It existing doesn't really effect me one iota.

That being said I'm still with Colin in that I'd rather have had them wait and just release a PS5 sooner rather than this weird ass PS4.5 (really 4.25 IM0).

Instead I would have focused on VR instead vs having to sell two products and market both.

The PS5 will have been coming out in 2019 regardless, that's about as short a time as they could have gotten it for a generational gap, 6 years.

All they did was put something in the middle

Agreed. He was on it in the post conference show.

Pretty telling that the two most recognizable PS fans on the internet won't be getting the Neo... Just not sure Sony did a good job of selling it today.

He's not a barometer for fans or what they should be thinking just because he has a platform.

I'll bite, In what way does this negatively impact you as a PS4 owner, or someone interested in the PS4?
Me? It doesn't lol.

If anything it's just going to be a bother for console developers which will have double the work now along with longer certification periods and whatnot.

To Colin's point whether or not this may affect us, like having to wait for a game longer or not, we still don't know. This creates this weird disparity that no one asked for. This thing doesn't even run 4K Blu-ray for crying out loud. Games aren't displayed at native 4k resolution. Why not keep the technology in wraps and just come out with a PS5 later?

I don't get the Tim hate. I thought he was pretty on point, I just sorta disagree with the last thing he said. I think PS5's announcement would have more of a bang if the PS4 Pro stuff didn't happen.

Curufinwe

The PS5 will have been coming out in 2019 regardless, that's about as short a time as they could have gotten it for a generational gap, 6 years.

All they did was put something in the middle

It's genuinely incredible that someone who talks about videogames for a job cannot figure out something so fucking obvious.

El-Suave

Pretty telling that the two most recognizable PS fans on the internet won't be getting the Neo... Just not sure Sony did a good job of selling it today.

They'll probably be getting one from Sony - having access through the company makes abstaining much easier.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Man, Colin is so annoying. If people want a system that can offer better graphics and 60fps for their games, why not? if people want to stick with their regular ps4 they have that option.

Top Bottom