• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Stars will no longer give points for subscriptions starting March 1st, 2025

dotnotbot

PS Stars will become useless starting March 1st, 2025 should be the headline

Nevermind, I'm not awake yet and read it wrong, bad change for Extra/Premium subscribers but thankfully I'm not one of them and Sony just gave me another reason why I shouldn't be. But I'm annoyed I didn't get monthly campaign this month for Essential sub like I always do because of a bug.

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Someone needs to stand up for free online multiplayer again and let me tell you something, ps stars is a shitty program.

Sports Entertainment Animation GIF by Jared D. Weiss

GHound

Come on guys, that 5 dollars worth of points for the 12 people who subbed to Premium that actually use Stars was devastating Paystation financially.
Concord was in development for 8 years! Cut them some slack!

Last edited:

zokie

the more i will buy from nintendo switch online voucher , its about $90 in my local currency thus $45 for one 1st party game.
will save me at least $20 dollars if i were to buy physically + local shipping

after buying the online voucher , ninty gives a certain amount of gold coins , its little but better than nothing

Are Nintendo Switch Game Vouchers eligible for My Nintendo Gold Points?​

Yes. You will receive Gold Points when you purchase a set of Nintendo Switch Game Vouchers, but you will not receive additional Gold Points when you redeem a voucher on a game.

Game voucher redemptions may be eligible for My Nintendo promotions. Review the promotion details for more information.

Last edited:

Ceadeus

Gold Member
I knew they were gonna downgrade the whole experience by lowering the rewards. Just like Microsoft points, it was easy to accumulate when the service started and it was worth the daily login hassle.

Make the new service really interesting and get as many people registered as possible then gradually take away one advantage after another.

Famipan

Not much difference.

According to the link you still get points for purchases done as a PS+ subscriber.

And I neither have plus nor do I collect points.

But some of the digital collectibles looks cool and shiny ✨

[Sigma]

I instantly got Sony Rewards program flashbacks. I remember how they slowly killed that program. They may as well kill this program now as far as im concerned.

Fuck you Sony. Just more ways for the big corporations to fuck you. Why change it now? It's meant to reward players. Not like it was some lucrative method of getting free shit.

Last edited:

Bond007

I thought it was a decent enough program. Got about $40 out of it- which is better than most things out there.
Shame

wipeout364

Sony thought they could sneak this announcement out when all the PlayStation fanboys are being bedazzled by Concord.

StueyDuck

Well we still haven't gotten stars in South Africa yet so fuck em and eff Sony for taking so long

Last edited:
Top Bottom