• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eusis

Oh, Unchained Blades IS transferable now? I may have to ahead and grab it afterall, but I think I oughta wait a few weeks thanks to the Steam sales.

Take a look in the upcoming games thread, Yaceka.

For the rest of the year there is:
Retail
• Assassin’s Creed III: Liberation
• Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified
• Earth Defense Forces 3 Portable
• LEGO Lord of the Rings
• Madden NFL 13
• New Little King's Story
• Persona 4: The Golden
• PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
• Ragnarok Odyssey
• Silent Hill: Book Of Memories
• Sly Cooper: Thieves In Time
• Street Fighter X Tekken
• Zone Of The Enders HD Edition
PSN only
• Jet Set Radio HD
• Marvel Pinball
• Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD
• Orc Attack
• Retro City Rampage
• Shoot Many Robots
• When Vikings Attack
• Zen Pinball 2

Ah man thats too much money for me to spend :(.

Maybe you can sell your Vita to afford them?
hahaha funny

Lolz. Thankfully the Steam sale is getting me cheap PC games for the rest of the year and the only PS3 games I want are Borderlands 2 and All Stars (I'll probably double dip if the game is really good). So I'm not hurting too bad.

Edit: I wish we knew more release dates, especially for psn stuff.

spannicus

I would love TT's Walking Dead game on the Vita if its doable. I would love anything with zombies on the Vita. except that crap Plants vs Zombies.

brentech

Just finished up Gravity Rush.
Going to do some rounding up of some trophies and then see what I can get for this thing (luckily I got the physical copy).

It got better about 3/4 through the game, but not that great imo. Wish I waited till it was like $15 or something. Just didn't find myself having fun, more like, trying to have fun.

Lolz. Thankfully the Steam sale is getting me cheap PC games for the rest of the year and the only PS3 games I want are Borderlands 2 and All Stars (I'll probably double dip if the game is really good). So I'm not hurting too bad.

Edit: I wish we knew more release dates, especially for psn stuff.
I have a surprising amount of self control this summer sale. I think I've only spent less than $10 on myself?

And remember, "Summer 2012!"

I think PS Mobile SDK + run-time is compatible with Windows XP also.
That'd be great! I got a little worried because the person who put out the code said they didn't try it on Vista or XP.

Haliela

This pleases Sony.

It's odd because I would be giving Sony more money if I could access some games on my Vita. I no longer own a PS3, so I can't access software I want to buy due to Sony's complacence. I want to give them my money, but they refuse to let me. It's so damn bizarre.

Why does Sony fail so hard at doing business?

My list. :)

• Assassin’s Creed III: Liberation
• Earth Defense Forces 3 Portable
• LittleBigPlanet
• Madden NFL 13
• New Little King's Story
• Persona 4: The Golden
• PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
• Sly Cooper: Thieves In Time
• Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz
• Dokuro
• Jet Set Radio HD
• Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD
• Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee HD
• Retro City Rampage
• Sound Shapes
• SunFlowers
Guacamelee

I have a surprising amount of self control this summer sale. I think I've only spent less than $10 on myself?

And remember, "Summer 2012!"

I don't have that self control. Ya I know Summer 2012 it still annoys me though. Stupid SCEA. I want to shower my Vita with more games.

Edit: Is it safe to say that pretty much everyone is going to buy Persona 4: The Golden? It'll be my first playthrough of the 4th one and I've been super pumped for it ever since I saw some of the playthrough that GiantBomb did. I know Atlus is having a sale right now is there any games that I should pick up for sure?

cyborg009

Banned
It's odd because I would be giving Sony more money if I could access some games on my Vita. I no longer own a PS3, so I can't access software I want to buy due to Sony's complacence. I want to give them my money, but they refuse to let me. It's so damn bizarre.

Why does Sony fail so hard at doing business?

I don't know ask Capcom... anyways I wonder my Sega won't bring or Samurai and Dragons looks good for a freemium game

Ponn

Banned

My preorder list from the newegg sale a couple weeks ago.

1 x Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward PS Vita Games AKSYS GAMES

1 x Dragon's Crown PS Vita Games ATLUS

1 x Little Big Planet PS Vita Games SONY

1 x Soul Sacrifice PS Vita Games SONY

1 x Ragnarok Odyssey PS Vita Games XSEED Games

1 x Persona 4 Golden PS Vita Games ATLUS

1 x LEGO Lord of the Rings PS Vita Games Warner Bros. Studios

1 x Assassins Creed III: Liberation PS Vita Games UBISOFT

I'm pretty set into next year. I'll get Sound Shapes, Guacamelee and wait on Zen for their Zen Pinball 2 Vita update.

Grinchy

Banned
Gaf, i made the jump. Just ordered a wifi vita from amazon along with a 16gb card and MGS Collection.

hahaha you fell for it! I hope you like collecting things, because you're going to get every kind of dust known to man.

(jk, you're gonna love this thing)

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Retail
• Assassin’s Creed III: Liberation - Maybe, the original protag intrigues me.
• Earth Defense Forces 3 Portable - I love EDF, so...
• New Little King's Story - Looks pretty solid!
• Orgarhythm - Kinda Patapon-ish in 3D? Not bad at all.
• PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - Since it's the only system I can get it on...
• Ragnarok Odyssey - One of the biggest reasons to WHY I have a Vita.
• Sly Cooper: Thieves In Time - Quite possible, bro loves the series, miss it since PS2...
• Zone Of The Enders HD Edition - Will get on 360, more likely to enjoy there...

PSN only
• A-Men - Hmm, not bad. Could be interesting.
• Big Sky Infinity - Eh... more abstractey space shooters? Maybe...
• CastleStorm - will probably get on 360. Really like it's look though!
• Dokuro - Looking pretty great, interested!
• Great Little War - So AWs like. Pretty cool.
• Jet Set Radio HD - Prob on 360.
• KickBeat - Kinda looking forward to this!
• Mad Blocker HD - Kinda like the music, might get at some point, to replace TOM Blitz!
• Malicious Rebirth - GIMMIE GIMMIE! *ahem*
• Orc Attack - At least it's kinda a Beat em Up... probably get on 360 though...
• Retro City Rampage - 360!
• Shoot Many Robots - May get on Vita if it has new content? I'm fine with the current controls...
• Sine Mora - I actually might enjoy this more on Vita! Game seems worthy of attention.
• Snapshot - Puzzle Platform... maybe.
• When Vikings Attack - Hey, a sequel to Dam Dam Stompland! XD

And from Japan:
Retail
• Hatsune Miku Project Diva F
• The Legend of Heroes: Zero no Kiseki - Evolution
• Time Travelers
• Ys 4: Celceta, Sea of Trees

^ If any of those make western release, I'd try em all! :)

Guacamelee and Dragon's Crown are also eventual must-gets, too.

I'd love for them to confirm Growlanser as Vita-compatible from Day 1, then I'd add it to my Vita/PSP cross collection! It's good to hear Unchained Blades and Gungnir are working through PS3, maybe they'll be officially announced to work on Vita, and appear in it's store, when Growlanser is released? (A guy can hope...)

It a shame so much of that will come out close to each other, not to mention also close to big console releases. So much of it will get passed on, because there will be simply too much to get.

It all has me looking forward to the mini / psn network releases a good amount. Inexpensive, quality games have really got my attention on Vita.

I really could go through a few years without more runner / tiny character platform-puzzle / abstract space shooters from small devs, though. Card Battle games, 2D Beat 'em Ups, Smash Bros-a-likes, shining force / fire emblem style strategy, action-adventure platformers, hack n' slash... there's so many under-used genres to work with, that any Minis that hit these marks would instantly get my attention...

Still no word on when RCR and Jet Set Radio are coming?

Even without the "On, MS holding it up!" angle, I'd expect Sega's releases to hit within the same few weeks of time, (So Jet Set and Sonic Adventure 2 and Nights will probably be close within the same time).

RCR, I'm suprised if he actually ported the Vita version so swiftly. Ports aren't normally easy for small studios. Wasn't he suppose to have to wait on the Wii version, too, even though it was one of the earliest announced? At any rare, I wouldn't be too surprised to see it show up late August / Sept.

I don't have that self control. Ya I know Summer 2012 it still annoys me though. Stupid SCEA. I want to shower my Vita with more games.

Edit: Is it safe to say that pretty much everyone is going to buy Persona 4: The Golden? It'll be my first playthrough of the 4th one and I've been super pumped for it ever since I saw some of the playthrough that GiantBomb did. I know Atlus is having a sale right now is there any games that I should pick up for sure?

If you want a fun old school RPG Crimson Gem Saga is a steal at $7.50

photo1.png

crimson-gem-saga-20090319022505548_640w.jpg

P4G will be my first time playing the 4th. Do you have P3P yet? f not, get that.

Still no word on when RCR and Jet Set Radio are coming?
"Summer 2012" still :3

Noooo! Why would take a picture of your Vita in pain?!

Kazerei

Banned
I have to anti-recommend Crimson Gem Saga. The story was a boring mess, most of the time you're just told "go here" for some silly reason. The gameplay was just generic RPG stuff, but poorly balanced. Just spam the main character's skills and bring items to replenish MP. The worst part is that enemies run faster than you, so the encounter rate is really heavy, until you get a pair of shoes than let you run faster than enemies.

Crimson Gem Saga is a perfect example of a mediocre RPG. I wouldn't waste your time and money on it, there are better games out there.

Amuroray

Banned
or the rest of the year there is:
Retail
• Assassin’s Creed III: Liberation- meh.AC3 will be bigger and better on the ps3
• Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified-LOLOLOL.
• Earth Defense Forces 3 Portable-lol
• LEGO Lord of the Rings-Meh
• Madden NFL 13-If you like madden then sure.Will be a worse version then consoles
• New Little King's Story-lol
• Persona 4: The Golden-Fair play.Exciting title
• PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale-On the ps3.No point on the vita.Plus its gonna be a bang average game.
• Ragnarok Odyssey-meh
• Silent Hill: Book Of Memories-lol.silent hill is dead
• Sly Cooper: Thieves In Time-oh look sly cooper.Meh.Crappy
• Street Fighter X Tekken- console
• Zone Of The Enders HD Edition-lol
PSN only
• Jet Set Radio HD-lol
• Marvel Pinball-lol
• Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD-mmm lol
• Orc Attack-lol
• Retro City Rampage-lol
• Shoot Many Robots -lol
• When Vikings Attack -lol
• Zen Pinball 2 -lol

Only 1 game on that list looks exciting.So for the first year of the vita the only great game on it will be persona.UNCHARTED was average.In fact it was poor.Gravity rush got hyped up and then bombed.AC will probably be good but no point as ACIII on the consoles will be far better.

Awful year.The sales are awful.Barely any support.Sony barely mentioned it at e3.Nobody seems to have one.

3ds won already

branny

My preorder list from the newegg sale a couple weeks ago.
Just a heads up: their system handles that pre-order promo pretty poorly (peter piper picked...nvm).

My order was huge, and the entire discount was applied to Theatrhythm for some reason once it became available to ship. The whole order ended up getting fucked because it showed Newegg owing me money instead (it split the initial order into two or something). I had to email them and was offered to go as far as re-ordering over the phone to get the $10 discount on Theatrhythm again.

If you don't mind doing that a few times, it should be fine. But I thought I'd let you know that there may be a headache or two in your future.

Cloudy

Banned
I have to anti-recommend Crimson Gem Saga. The story was a boring mess, most of the time you're just told "go here" for some silly reason. The gameplay was just generic RPG stuff, but poorly balanced. Just spam the main character's skills and bring items to replenish MP. The worst part is that enemies run faster than you, so the encounter rate is really heavy, until you get a pair of shoes than let you run faster than enemies.

Crimson Gem Saga is a perfect example of a mediocre RPG. I wouldn't waste your time and money on it, there are better games out there.

I disagree. For $7.50, the game looks great and the character interaction is pretty fun.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
lunch is just being lame, cherry blossoms are cool
Cherry blossoms are cool, that, however, is. Well.

you guys i'm trying to be nice :( In between the moe girl avatars, The Grim Heaper's clown pants, and this unique 3DS case, I think we've determined that Vita owners very much have their own sense of style.

Retail
• Assassin’s Creed III: Liberation- meh.AC3 will be bigger and better on the ps3
• Madden NFL 13-If you like madden then sure.Will be a worse version then consoles
• PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale-On the ps3.No point on the vita.Plus its gonna be a bang average game.
• Ragnarok Odyssey-meh
PSN only
• Jet Set Radio HD-lol
• Marvel Pinball-lol
• Orc Attack-lol
• Retro City Rampage-lol
• Shoot Many Robots -lol
• Zen Pinball 2 -lol

Only 1 game on that list looks exciting.So for the first year of the vita the only great game on it will be persona.UNCHARTED was average.In fact it was poor.Gravity rush got hyped up and then bombed.AC will probably be good but no point as ACIII on the consoles will be far better.

Awful year.The sales are awful.Barely any support.Sony barely mentioned it at e3.Nobody seems to have one.

3ds won already
Someone's in the wrong thread. lol

Cherry blossoms are cool, that, however, is. Well.

you guys i'm trying to be nice :( In between the moe girl avatars, The Grim Heaper's clown pants, and this unique 3DS case, I think we've determined that Vita owners very much have their own sense of style.
i didn't say cherry blossoms are you trying to sabotage me I got the tree wrong 3 or 4 times, okay?! And clown pants are the new thing, come on.

Godslay

Banned
Thought I would add this here.

Here's a bad cell phone pic with the Vita running VVVVVV. It's a little janky, but seems to work okay, besides the fact that you can't move through text (have to use space bar).

WokKw.jpg

Interesting piece of work, but still needs some refinement. It's an awesome start though.

daevv

If I delete a game from my Vita does it also delete the saved game or is there an option to keep the saves? Would I have to connect the Vita to my PS3 to transfer the saves over first then delete the game? I only have a 4gb card at the moment and cannot find a list to view saved games on the system like it does on PS3.

3ds won already

I am not one to care about system wars or any specific posters but the amount of times I've scrolled past your name and it's either been about the Vita tanking or PSN being terrible in comparision with XBLA leads me to believe you have a very specific mindset and goal with your posting habits.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
If I delete a game from my Vita does it also delete the saved game or is there an option to keep the saves? Would I have to connect the Vita to my PS3 to transfer the saves over first then delete the game? I only have a 4gb card at the moment and cannot find a list to view saved games on the system like it does on PS3.
Yeah, you need to first backup on your save on your PS3 or computer through the Content Manager or else your save will be lost. There's no way to independently view your save games on the Vita.

VanWinkle

Retail
• Ragnarok Odyssey-meh
PSN only
• Jet Set Radio HD-lol
• Marvel Pinball-lol
• Orc Attack-lol
• Retro City Rampage-lol
• Shoot Many Robots -lol
• Zen Pinball 2 -lol

3ds won already

What do the lol's mean? Do you think those are going to be laughably bad games? Because I'd love to hear your reasoning there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom