• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to anti-recommend Crimson Gem Saga. The story was a boring mess, most of the time you're just told "go here" for some silly reason. The gameplay was just generic RPG stuff, but poorly balanced. Just spam the main character's skills and bring items to replenish MP. The worst part is that enemies run faster than you, so the encounter rate is really heavy, until you get a pair of shoes than let you run faster than enemies.

Crimson Gem Saga is a perfect example of a mediocre RPG. I wouldn't waste your time and money on it, there are better games out there.

Yeah I have to disagree also, I found the game very enjoyable and the character animation is so good. It is very challenging though and there is some grinding for skills, so it is very old school in that sense.

Amuroray

Banned
NdGEI.png

Not exactly a stellar lineup either. Tell us how you really feel.

You didnt list all of the games lol.

And you didnt show the japanese games.So far ahead of the Vita.

Where's Paper Mario and Luigi's Mansion? Along with all the eShop games?
Didn't bother checking for accuracy, just took a quick screenshot :p

I'm sure there's a way to somehow reduce every single game on the upcoming schedule to a "LOL" though. Amuroray is the one of the least entertaining trolls I've ever seen.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
You didnt list all of the games lol.

And you didnt show the japanese games.So far ahead of the Vita.
This might surprise you, but this is a thread that's purpose is to give advice to current and prospective Vita owners. If you're not a Vita owner and don't have any interest in the system, why are you here? It's not as if there's a lack of threads for you to express your wonderfully articulate and well-reasoned opinions.

If you're going to troll, put some thought into it. Y'all are just lazy.

oldmario

If I delete a game from my Vita does it also delete the saved game or is there an option to keep the saves? Would I have to connect the Vita to my PS3 to transfer the saves over first then delete the game? I only have a 4gb card at the moment and cannot find a list to view saved games on the system like it does on PS3.

You would have to do this first unfortunately

Takao

Banned
Amuroray please share your feelings in other threads. Notably ones that don't have pages of posts made every day, and are well viewed by the moderating staff.

branny

Day 1/already pre-ordered:
• DJMAX Technika TUNE
• Persona 4: The Golden
• Ragnarok Odyssey
• Retro City Rampage [PSN]
• Sound Shapes [PSN]

Possibly/maybe:
• LittleBigPlanet
• Need for Speed Most Wanted
• New Little King's Story
• PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
• Street Fighter X Tekken
• Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward
• Zone Of The Enders HD Edition
• Cobalt Runner HD [PSN]
• Jet Set Radio HD [PSN]
• Malicious Rebirth [PSN]

If these come over, I will buy them:
• Earth Defense Forces 3 Portable (insta-buy if it comes to NA...2017 w/ Pale Wing, omg)
• Hatsune Miku Project Diva F
• The Legend of Heroes: Zero no Kiseki - Evolution
• Time Travelers
• Ys 4: Celceta, Sea of Trees
Oh gosh, I thought I deleted more than that.

My personal taste favors Vita games for the rest of the year, though I'm looking forward to Kingdom Hearts 3D, New Super Mario Bros. 2, and Code of Princess. Still mad that Fire Emblem is 2013.

zroid

Banned
Oh gosh, I thought I deleted more than that.

My personal taste favors Vita games for the rest of the year, though I'm looking forward to Kingdom Hearts 3D, New Super Mario Bros. 2, and Code of Princess. Still mad that Fire Emblem is next year.

I keep forgetting about Code of Princess. The remainder of 2012 is an onslaught of Vita and 3DS games for me, I'm not even sure if I'm getting anything for PS3, while the only games I'm buying for Wii are Last Story and Kirby's Dream Collection.

All the PS3 games I wanted are Q1 2013 lol.

EDIT: Oh, I guess I'll need to pick up some Wii U games. NSMB U, Pikmin 3, and P-100, assuming they all make launch.

Sid

I really wish sony would've given ready at dawn what they wanted for a gow game on the vita which is now shelved for god knows how long

Cloudy

Banned
NIS America said a while back that they weren't going to bring any of imageepoch's PSP games to North America.

WTF ugh. I'm convinced any vita RPG will sell a ton right now (even if it's a ps2 or psp port) cos there's very little competition. Hopefully Persona 4 sales help wake these folks up

Takao

Banned
Game.com is cheap, very very cheap,
I went to the store,
And they had no more,
I looked online and there wasnt anythere,
So i went to a newsgroup and found fans everywhere.

Its a touch screen,
the cheapest thing i ever seen,
It has a few features,
The cheapest little creatures.

If you buy this system your getting riped off,
So if you do, im going to laugh my head off,
Dont waste your money,
Because it's very very funny,
If you waste your time on this,
ILL have to knock you out with my fist.
Thats the end of my rhyme,
see you next time.

Plants vs Zombies is €2.49 on Steam. Would anyone recommend the Vita version over that? Do touchscreen controls add a lot to the game?

Carl

Thought i'd go back to Motorstorm RC and play through the DLC, which i never got around to for one reason or another :)

Snowballo

Two questions:

1. Would you raccomend me some PSN Games for PS Vita? I mean something that for your experience is very addicting (and cheap). I own Stardust, Motorstorm, Hustle Kings and I think these are awesome. I know Mutant Blob is another must buy right?

2. What is the best pinball game available for Ps Vita? Any demo around?

Thanks!

patsu

Two questions:

1. Would you raccomend me some PSN Games for PS Vita? I mean something that for your experience is very addicting (and cheap). I own Stardust, Motorstorm, Hustle Kings and I think these are awesome. I know Mutant Blob is another must buy right?

Yes, Mutant Blobs. From what I hear, PSP Minis like "Velocity" and "Where is my Heart" are good too. And then you should check out if there are any PSP game discount.

Thanks!

I like Pinball Arcade myself. Zen Pinball is coming soon. So you may want to wait a bit so that you can compare.

Wazzim

Banned
I hope Sony adds media server support. Remote Play is cool but I'd rather save energy and stream directly from my PC.

Carl

Two questions:

Thanks!

1) Yep, Mutant Blobs Attacks is definitely fantastic and one you should buy. If you're a fan of chess i recommend "Pure Chess" which is pretty cool. Fun asynchronous multiplayer too if you're into that.

As Patsu said, check out some of the Playstation Minis too - Velocity, and Where is My Heart? in particular.

2) The Pinball Arcade is supposed to be good. I believe there's a trial.

daevv

How do trophies work for Vita cross play / transfarring games? Earned separately?

The only game I have with crossplay is Motorstorm. I played the Vita version first and when I bought the PS3 version all trophies I had earned while online popped on the PS3. It also has all my times and medals saved. If I had earned one while offline on my vita I would have to get it again on PS3.

Edit: I hope there's and update that lets you view the Vita trophies on the PS3 and seperates the DLC % like the Vita does.

patsu

I hope Sony adds media server support. Remote Play is cool but I'd rather save energy and stream directly from my PC.

Yeah I'm waiting for DLNA support.

For work and personal reasons I'm subscribed to NetFlix, Hulu Plus, and Music Unlimited at the moment. I don't like NetFlix UI, hope the Vita Hulu Plus app come soon.

Music Unlimited streaming and offline playback work pretty well, but more European, Japanese, Korean, and Chinese music would be greatly appreciated. Something like Vidzone would be sweet !

Shinriji

Sony should be working on a easy solution to port PSP games to Vita, just like the PS2/PSP remaster series.

Imagine Type-0, Valkyria 3, Yakuza Kuro 1 & 2 and Sol Trigger on the Vita. Come on TGS.

orioto

Good Art™
Sony should be working on a easy solution to port PSP games to Vita, just like the PS2/PSP remaster series.

Imagine Type-0, Valkyria 3, Yakuza Kuro 1 & 2 and Sol Trigger on the Vita. Come on TGS.

Yes at this point i think they should really try to find a way to help dev to port easily (just with a better rez and controls) psp games, cause we have regular bug games announced on it (this week again, the one piece rpg). Those games should at least be available in psp version AND optimized Vita version.

P90

For the rest of the year there is:
Retail
• Assassin’s Creed III: Liberation
• LEGO Lord of the Rings(maybe)
• LittleBigPlanet
• Need for Speed Most Wanted(maybe on 360/PC)
• New Little King's Story
• Persona 4: The Golden (Already pre-ordered. I will probably play it a couple times through, with NG+. I won't touch anything else until that is done.)
• PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
• Ragnarok Odyssey
• Sly Cooper: Thieves In Time(maybe on PS3)
• Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed(maybe on 360)
• Street Fighter X Tekken
• Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward(maybe)

PSN only
• Jet Set Radio HD (Day 1 download)
• Malicious Rebirth
• Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD (Day 1 download)
• Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee HD (eventual download)
• Retro City Rampage

I sure hope the memory card price drops dramatically drop or I may hold off on the Oddworld downloads.

Koroviev

Based on the list going around, I'm only really interested in Persona 4 and Virtue's Last Reward. I might also go for New Little King's Story, but that's contingent on whether or not the developer managed to iron out the glaring performance issues.

More like iOS AND Mobage games!

Pretty much. I am somewhat comforted by the fact that I have more non-social games than I can play in a lifetime.

Ponn

Banned
Just a heads up: their system handles that pre-order promo pretty poorly (peter piper picked...nvm).

My order was huge, and the entire discount was applied to Theatrhythm for some reason once it became available to ship. The whole order ended up getting fucked because it showed Newegg owing me money instead (it split the initial order into two or something). I had to email them and was offered to go as far as re-ordering over the phone to get the $10 discount on Theatrhythm again.

If you don't mind doing that a few times, it should be fine. But I thought I'd let you know that there may be a headache or two in your future.

Thats sucks, but worth it if they still give me $10 of each game. The only game that might possibly have a preorder bonus somewhere I couldn't get is P4G, maybe AC libetation so $10 off day one is worth a pick up.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
For Your Vita Hype has an excellent PSP of Vita series.

There are a ton of good PSP games that look great on the Vita. Now is a good time to catch up on back catalog games! :)

This is still not a good answer to people who are looking for games on their Vita.
'What's there to play? What's coming out?'
'Well, there's games from the last system that are backwards compatible!'

Especially when the Vita's supposed to be this premium system with great power behind it.

2834072588_a4697326b5.jpg

1506505-large.jpg

video-game-retro-ads-080413-virtual-league-baseball.jpg

This is still not a good answer to people who are looking for games on their Vita.
'What's there to play? What's coming out?'
'Well, there's games from the last system that are backwards compatible!'

Especially when the Vita's supposed to be this premium system with great power behind it.

It's summer after launch. What do you expect? Last summer the 3DS was surviving on garbage and $40 N64 ports.

brentech

Conflicting reports of Pinball Arcade makes me just want to wait for Zen. Want handheld pinball so bad though. This wait is horrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom