• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iacobellis

2834072588_a4697326b5.jpg

1506505-large.jpg

video-game-retro-ads-080413-virtual-league-baseball.jpg

It's summer after launch. What do you expect? Last summer the 3DS was surviving on garbage and $40 N64 ports.

Ah, 90's advertising.

minimoke

Conflicting reports of Pinball Arcade makes me just want to wait for Zen. Want handheld pinball so bad though. This wait is horrible.

I've only played the Android (Tegra 2) version of Zen, but I prefer Pinball Arcade. The table design in Pinball Arcade seems to make all the difference.

Huff

Banned
Just bought a vita used off of ebay.

Is it pretty easy to wipe everything off the console and memory card to start over fresh?

brentech

I've only played the Android (Tegra 2) version of Zen, but I prefer Pinball Arcade. The table design in Pinball Arcade seems to make all the difference.

I guess I can download the demo and find out how it plays. I trust Zen because I have Marvel Pinball on PS3 and it works great.

Is Pinball Arcade supported well?

zroid

Banned
oh goddammit, you guys are really convincing me to try Pinball Arcade now. :|

I hope it's not love born from nostalgia for these real-life tables because I don't care about that.

daevv

Does Uncharted GA have a online pass system? I just bought a copy in the BST thread. I'm at work and most sites are blocked or I would check myself. ;)

Famassu

Sony should be working on a easy solution to port PSP games to Vita, just like the PS2/PSP remaster series.

Imagine Type-0, Valkyria 3, Yakuza Kuro 1 & 2 and Sol Trigger on the Vita. Come on TGS.
Do I remember completely wrong or didn't Sony already make it possible for publishers to release PSP games in Vita's format? It just seems no one has taken up on that possibility.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Does Uncharted GA have a online pass system? I just bought a copy in the BST thread. I'm at work and most sites are blocked or I would check myself. ;)
Nope. Doesn't really have an online mode either. Have fun.

Takao

Banned
Do I remember completely wrong or didn't Sony already make it possible for publishers to release PSP games in Vita's format? It just seems no one has taken up on that possibility.

Level-5 will be releasing a Vita SKU of Little Battlers eXperience W in September. It was previously only a PSP title.

Shinriji

For Me:

• COD: BO2 Declassified - It is COD. Retail
• DJMAX Technika Tune - A good game to chill out for a few minutes. Undecided Retail/PSN
• Ragnarok Odyssey - Already pre-ordered. Retail.
• Street Fighter X Tekken - If I can sell my PS3 version. Retail

PSN only

• Machinarium
• Sound Shapes
• Sine Mora

Maybe Assassin's Creed Liberation (based on reviews), Hatsune Miku F (based on how high I am to import) and Smart as... (I need one simple game for my GF).

zroid

Banned
It has the best trial, i had no interest in the game till playing it.
No limit except score, when you start doing GREAT it says "hey, why not buy the full game".

Really works with a game like this, instead being timed or only giving you one table, you get a feel for all of the tables. Give it a go man.

Yeah I just downloaded it! I'll give it a try. :D

Ran rp

I do get an average of 42 fps on the (almost) lowest settings. The only problem is that games are unplayable until you fiddle around with the games' files to set a resolution of 400 x 200. Otherwise you'd be looking at a seriously cropped image.

Ran rp

Minecraft on the Vita at the remote desktop app's (nearly) lowest settings. The image quality is bumped up a bit to 50% instead of 10%

Took a screenshot of Minecraft at 400x200 resolution, 400x200 capture area and 50% image quality.
imgur will have to do

iAelv.jpg

Not sure why that black bar is there in the screenshot though...

Carl

They were talking about handhelds that were more successful than Vita.

It's not a bad game, but they tried to shoehorn lots of gimmicks in because it was a launch title and some of it seems forced.

Everyone talking about playing PC games on Vita is interesting to me, but i read the thread on it and 90% of what people are saying goes right over my head D:

Ran rp

I'm having too much fun with this.

Kingdom Hearts in PCSX2. I'm sending the image to my Vita but playing with a DS3. I'm going to try to map the Vita's controls. And yes, I do have the physical game.

Skyzard

Banned
I'm not a big pinball fan at all but I am enjoying the demo with the 4 tables. Not going to buy it knowing that there are 4 more tables coming in two dlc packs. I'll wait till there is a complete bundle, just trying the demo from time to time but it's a well made game. Nice detailed explanations and thought in the game.

I do wish the lighting was a bit more advanced though. It looks a little plain. Might be easier on the eyes for longer play though.

Man I've been playing Galcon Labs more than anything really. Very simple real-time strategy game where you have "planets" that produce units for you and you just have to make good decisions to get the largest army and take out the opponent. Simple but nice, can't really recommend it unless he makes a new one for vita with touchscreen but if you are into that sort of gameplay then you'll definitely get your moneys worth (PSP mini).

branny

I'm not the biggest fan of virtual pinball, but I love the Pinball Arcade demo. It's soooo nostalgic. A couple of those tables were in the arcades I used to frequent a long time ago. Just hearing them again takes me back so hard.

edit: I don't like pinball enough to buy it, though. hahahaha

:(

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Okay, Disgaea 3 is ridiculous. It's taken me quite a few hours (probably 6-8), but now I'm completely hooked. If you lot have been looking for a lengthy, sticky Vita game, this is it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom