• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Within the same day all of my happiness about Treasure Park died. You gaf people are on some next level shit with this game. On near nobody has beat anything of mine but effin Mausaus and Zeer0id have destroyed ever puzzle i've thought of. At this point I'm retiring =p

jk, but damn its disheartening. Solved in 2 choices >.<

Send me one, I will show you how someone who isn't good plays, real players like myself get bombs in a row, lol.

mauaus

just plat Trine2 thanks to whoever suggested it , i had it lying around from plus, never really bothered, neat little gem :)

KalBalboa

Banned
Within the same day all of my happiness about Treasure Park died. You gaf people are on some next level shit with this game. On near nobody has beat anything of mine but effin Mausaus and Zeer0id have destroyed ever puzzle i've thought of. At this point I'm retiring =p

You need to have friends who will directly send and receive puzzles regularly. When I got home from yesterday I had six or seven waiting for me.

just plat Trine2 thanks to whoever suggested it , i had it lying around from plus, never really bothered, neat little gem :)

Did you play it on remote play or something? (Vita thread)

zroid

Banned

;-;

At least you have people on Near to exchange puzzles with. There's about 10 people on my radar (at home) and a few have played Treasure Park, but none seem to want to have anything to do with my puzzles or making theirs available to me either.

mauaus

You need to have friends who will directly send and receive puzzles regularly. When I got home from yesterday I had six or seven waiting for me.

Did you play it on remote play or something? (Vita thread)

Nope, someone was talking about it on this thread

Gattsu25

Banned
I don't have my own 3DS yet. Thinking about buying one or a Vita in the next 20 minutes.

Talk to me, folks. Convince me.

Mainly considering this for PSP games on a better screen than the Go.

KalBalboa

Banned
I don't have my own 3DS yet. Thinking about buying one or a Vita in the next 20 minutes.

That's a tall order for such a short amount of time! Know that the PSP emulation on the Vita is fantastic, considering you get the dual joysticks and the ability to map controls to the touch screen. You also get that amazing OLED screen and improved battery life when playing PSP games. Plus, you can party-chat while playing PSP games.

The downloadable games alone on the Vita make it worth owning, but consider these games at a glance:

Super Stardust Delta
Mutant Blobs Attack
Wipeout 2048
Gravity Rush
Uncharted: Golden Abyss
Escape Plan
Sound Shapes
Mortal Kombat Vita

There are a ton of other good games on it, but those seem to be the ones most gravitate towards. A lot of cross-buy games make it worth owning too, like Hustle Kings, Sound Shapes, and every PSone game available so far. The library is pretty killer and you'll be surprised at how good the OS is along with the various social network aspects. Hell, it even has free games every now and then along with a bunch of super cheap minis and AR games that are well worth the $.99-$4 they cost (Velocity, Where Is My Heart?, Pulzar, Table Top Tanks, etc).

zroid

Banned

Bit too expensive just to use as a PSP upgrade IMO, especially given the price of memory cards, but if you have any interest in some of the existing or upcoming Vita games, then you can't go far wrong. Vita's a great system. And so is the 3DS! I'm not gonna try and talk you into one or the other, just go where your favourite games are.
or join the cool kids and get both

KalBalboa

Banned
It's also worth mentioning that Remote Play is significantly better on the Vita than the PSP. Sony is getting behind it more and more and allowing you to basically do what the Wii-U is promising in terms of playing your console games on the Vita's screen (God of War 1 & 2, Ico, Shadow of the Colossus, and more are being added).

Plus, the cross-controller play with Little Big Planet 2 &Guacamelee and more looks really interesting. Being able to play your PS3 games with a Vita as a controller and having the Vita's screen represent another part of the game is really neat and an added bonus.

Cross-Buy is probably the biggest value proposition though. You get so many additional versions of games for free. Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault, Sly Cooper 4, PlayStation All Stars, Motorstorm, Hustle Kings, ... the list goes on and on too.

brainpann

I own both and the Vita has given a lot more to do than my 3DS. Hell, it's almost taken front seat to ALL my gaming systems.

zroid

Banned
I own both and the Vita has given a lot more to do than my 3DS. Hell, it's almost taken front seat to ALL my gaming systems.

I wish I could say which I've put more time into, but baka-Sony doesn't have an Activity Log, so I have no idea. (EDIT: I mean, obviously 3DS overall, as I've had it way longer, but since I've bought a Vita, rather)

I can tell you I've clocked around 570 hours in the 3DS though.

One thing's for sure, between the two of them, I hardly ever play consoles anymore! :D

I don't know. Do you like HSG games? Vita was my first foray into them, and while the production is great, I just found the game to be annoying as all fuck.
I played the demo and enjoyed it, but it'd be my first Hot Shots game...

I wish I could say which I've put more time into, but baka-Sony doesn't have an Activity Log, so I have no idea. (EDIT: I mean, obviously 3DS overall, as I've had it way longer, but since I've bought a Vita, I mean)

I can tell you I've clocked around 570 hours in the 3DS though.
You need some dere dere to go with that tsun tsun against Sony, man.

Gattsu25

Banned
The store decided for me by not carrying any memory cards :(

I'm deferring my purchase for now. I'll check out other stores tomorrow.

It's also worth mentioning that Remote Play is significantly better on the Vita than the PSP. Sony is getting behind it more and more and allowing you to basically do what the Wii-U is promising in terms of playing your console games on the Vita's screen (God of War 1 & 2, Ico, Shadow of the Colossus, and more are being added).

Plus, the cross-controller play with Little Big Planet 2 &Guacamelee and more looks really interesting. Being able to play your PS3 games with a Vita as a controller and having the Vita's screen represent another part of the game is really neat and an added bonus.

Cross-Buy is probably the biggest value proposition though. You get so many additional versions of games for free. Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault, Sly Cooper 4, PlayStation All Stars, Motorstorm, Hustle Kings, ... the list goes on and on too.

Motorstorm is not cross-buy in NA, at least it wasn't when they gave the Vita version away free.
So I ended up with the Vita version and no PS3 version; it's possible to not get both is what I'm trying to say. :)

MooMoo

Oh, 16 in a row.

yeah, I lied :(

We've all been there, man
D: Three in a row! Still ranked E...for extra awesome :p not sure how good near works (dled the game after commuting all day so I dunno if near is smart enough to still look for the game goods for TP) but looks like only one person plays the thing.

I own both and and in my case I think that RIGHT NOW the Vita has more to offer (also no region locking on physical games) if you aren't that interested on the typical Nintendo IP (I only really like Kid Icarus). It's true the Vita doesn't have Nintendo million sellers, but it does offer in my opinion more interesting experiences. Also PSN sales, PSP and PSOne libraries.

SteeloDMZ

Banned

Are there games you want on Vita? If there are, then get it, same for a 3DS. It's pretty easy.

Carl

D: Three in a row! Still ranked E...for extra awesome :p not sure how good near works (dled the game after commuting all day so I dunno if near is smart enough to still look for the game goods for TP) but looks like only one person plays the thing.

It searches on its own if you enable that setting :)

P90

The store decided for me by not carrying any memory cards :(

I'm deferring my purchase for now. I'll check out other stores tomorrow.

Check Amazon for the mem cards. I bought a 32 for like $71. Go 4 GB to start and then go 32 GB is my recommendation. Or go 32 GB right off the bat.

When it is all said and done, I would recommend both a 3DS and Vita. They are complementary gaming experiences.

Setre

Imported Project Diva F and played a couple of minutes worth. I suck horribly at this game. Doesn't help that this is my first rhythm game, never got into the Guitar Hero / Rock Band shit.

Sid

i never played a PSP.

if I get a Vita what are the best PSP games that I can play on the vita?
God of war:ghost of sparta
God of war:chains of olympus
Resistance:retribution
Killzone:liberation
Castlevania:Dracula x chronicles
Medal of honor:heroes 1 and 2
Tekken: dark resurrection
Syphon filter:dark mirror
Syphon filter:logan's shadow
Metal gear solid:portable ops
Gta:liberty city stories
Gta:vice city stories
Gran turismo psp
Ys seven
Ultimate ghosts and ghoblins.

Most of the above should be available on the PS store right now.

Skyzard

Banned
Since gow vita won't be coming for a while i want to try this,even if it's 30fps it's very playable right?no framerate hiccups?does it run at native res?

It's great on vita - as people mention 30fps but I haven't seen dips at all really and has been very solid. Not sure if this is in the console version but there is a bit of a button queuing - so don't spam moves as it will queue them somewhat and do one after the other - instead need to be more instantaneous and less button mashy..

You can do that? D:

^ ?

Also...Takao...majorily lucked your puzzle...diamond on first click hah. need more puzzles >_<

please feel free to add me:

quote to reveal psn

mauaus

God of war:ghost of sparta
God of war:chains of olympus
Resistance:retribution
Killzone:liberation
Medal of honor:heroes 1 and 2
Tekken: dark resurrection
Syphon filter:dark mirror
Syphon filter:logan's shadow
Metal gear solid:portable ops
Gta:liberty city stories
Gta:vice city stories
Gran turismo psp
Ys seven

Legend of Heroes: Trails in The Sky (RPG)
GTA Chinatown wars
Valkyria Chronicles 2
YS Oath in Felghana
Hot Shots Tennis (so good)

Kazzy

Imported Project Diva F and played a couple of minutes worth. I suck horribly at this game. Doesn't help that this is my first rhythm game, never got into the Guitar Hero / Rock Band shit.

I think the timing is pretty specific, but it does quickly become intuitive. I only started playing earlier today, and I'm starting to feel myself steadily improving.

Rasec

7950906132_b35af3afa3_c.jpg

Coupon will come in handy for Djmax.

So happy altough the game is difficult, I cant complete a song in normal, but maybe thats because I'm ill and fucked up at the moment :D

Nice ps3. *__*
And welcome to the Project diva f side of the force xD
The game being difficult is quite normal at the beginning.

I kept playing and i now have 90% of the songs on normal with the excellent grade.
You really see yourself getting way better while you play more and more of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom