• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gave G-Police a go on the Vita, controls alright ignoring the back touch buttons, good times, though it is a wee bit harder than I remember, lol.

Also, I feel like I'm not getting Treasure Park or something, I use the colour clue on the side but of the two that have been sent to me I have managed to hit a bomb twice in the first go, maybe I just don't get it it.

the guide tells you the general order of the arrangements but not the exact order of them for that puzzle. With practice it becomes obvious to how the game plays...its just hard to get it when you have to count on other people and near.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
That's pretty unlucky, but the clues always tell you which colours the bombs will be on, so on the first click you usually should open spaces that will definitely not have bombs. Then on subsequent clicks you'll have a bit more information to go by.

:D

The clue tells me where the bombs will be? lol.

So let me get this right, there was one pattern with blue over the diamond in the group of four so I assumed the diamond was on the blue, but it was actually the bomb of the four icons that was on the blue square? maybe this is where I am going so wrong.

Skyzard

Banned
Those canadian deals are ridiculous! Very lucky indeed.

I have the first EDF for XB360. It's really quite fun. It's basically an arcade game. Graphically nothing special (it often looks like crap), but it's the gameplay that shines as you're overwhelmed by massive numbers of alien bugs.

It's basically a cult B movie of gaming. Fun, satisfying junk that's good at what it does. :p

Yeah totally came out of nowhere...it looked like a mess in other videos I've seen but looked carefully at the recent ones and it looks quite unique - would be great to add to the vita library, looking forward to it now.

I'll tell you another really depressing thing about Vita...

NAMCO

Remember when Namco was awesome? Remember brilliant PSP games like Ridge Racer and Tekken DR? What are the chances we'll even see a Tekken for Vita? And just look at the mess they made of Vita RR. *cries*

TBH quite a lot of people who picked up RR on vita ended up liking it ... enough. Especially with the DLC packs. It was a shame that they didn't work on the SP experience much (no real campaign/proper ghosts or people to race against) but with internet, accessing ghosts and vs races is pretty good. (can't save the ghosts for offline) but still, decent game. ...and I am hoping for a tekken..I can understand if it would be a year or two off though.

y'all wish you found 10 in a row ;D

j48WxFKVKr6ic.jpg

I do wish that hah..my score is so so bad. Definitely liking the game now that I am getting the hang of it though...nice little extra but do hope it gets improved...at least let us send it out to multiple people in one go.

Yes! Exactly what I thought, too. Everyone needs to pick this up for 99cents! As essential as Velocity IMO.

Forgot I had mini squadron, only played it once I think, looked alright but couldn't control it all that well and deleted it! Didn't know people enjoyed it so much, will check it out again.

So I ended up going back to Playing Fifa on my Vita and oh my god it's good to play h2h games again. Still I'm very disappointed at EA and how they are treating the Vita version of FIFA 13.
Is there any news about this game? Will they even release a demo? Cause as far as I know they are not.

Not sure if they will or not but if I was them I wouldn't release a demo! The fifa 12 demo was almost good enough to just forget about picking up the game! What did you mean they were treating the vita version badly? 12 was really good I thought, should just be an improvement?..hopefully..

zroid

Banned
The clue tells me where the bombs will be? lol.

So let me get this right, there was one pattern with blue over the diamond in the group of four so I assumed the diamond was on the blue, but it was actually the bomb of the four icons that was on the blue square? maybe this is where I am going so wrong.

Erm, there is no bomb in the group of four icons. That's three coins and a gem... right? o_o

how the eff did you guard so many of your gems!? D:

KalBalboa

Banned
how the eff did you guard so many of your gems!? D:

I'm not sure! I've had a lot of puzzles sent my way though. It's pretty cool to find a bunch via Near from strangers too. I work nearly an hour drive from my apartment too, so I pick up a lot between my office and home.

Nice. I guess this game will never get localized.

Play-Asia has it for $79.90. Any better deals out there?

EDIT: so it might get localized... (according to http://www.destructoid.com/preview-hatsune-miku-project-diva-f-has-precision-issues-229537.phtml), in that case I'll wait a bit and see.

Check amiami? You should get the asian one, its cheaper than the JPN version.

Still don't have mine. ):

Where did you order yours?

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Erm, there is no bomb in the group of four icons. That's three coins and a gem... right? o_o

You're quite right, not sure what I was talking about but I can't remember how everything was now.
I will have to make note when i receive my next one to see what is going on, lol.

I see where I was going wrong, I assumed the icons were always in the same position and didn't know they could be rotated which is how I've ended up hitting bombs first, I would figure out where the clue was telling me but then assume it was in that rotation.

Hopefully I am getting it now, lol.

7950906132_b35af3afa3_c.jpg

Coupon will come in handy for Djmax.

So happy altough the game is difficult, I cant complete a song in normal, but maybe thats because I'm ill and fucked up at the moment :D

zroid

Banned
I see where I was going wrong, I assumed the icons were always in the same position and didn't know they could be rotated

You definitely can't be blamed for that, the game does a horrible/non-existent job of explaining that mechanic to you. Hell, even after I learned you could rotate them, I couldn't figure out how because it never told me. (Eventually, I did.)

Wow euro PSImports Resident Evil 2 no more Vita compatible :O. The hell, it was the past week, but this week is impossible to download it on Vita or transfer it from PS3 o_O (I erased it before know that XDXD).
/me cries :_(.

Apparently there's a technical problem with it.

You definitely can't be blamed for that, the game does a horrible/non-existent job of explaining that mechanic to you. Hell, even after I learned you could rotate them, I couldn't figure out how because it never told me. (Eventually, I did.)

Wait HOW do you rotate them? I did it once and i dont know how.

Also did you play my sheet you sumnabitch?

Vossler

Well, just pre-ordered Ragnarok Odyssey Limited Editon for 37 bucks on Newegg. Never played anything like it really before, but did kind of get into Monster Hunter. Anyone else purchasing it?

oldmario

Comment 151 said:
Hello Jawad, I’ve just encountered a problem when I play the Playstation 1 game Resident Evil 2 on the Ps Vita. The problem is on the Vita when you start a new game that your unable to reset the game to play as Claire’s version on side B. The way to play Claire version on side b through a ps3 is to press the ps button which will then allow the option to reset to side a or b. On the Resident Evil 2 game menu itself (ingame) there is a reset function but it only then resets the game to the same side without allowing to choose which side. Could you advise Capcom of this and perhaps see if they can tweak the ingame menu option of the reset function to then ask reset to which side a or b.
Right now the game isn’t fully compatible for the vita as there is only half the game available to be played.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012...e-5th-september-2012/comment-page-4/#comments

Blame Claire lol, good thing i downloaded this on my vita last weekend for moving to my pc i can still play it i hope \o/

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Is there any way to view my PSN transactions online? I just checked my bank account and I was charged $50 from Sony a couple of days ago and I can't figure out why. I don't have a way to access the store on my Vita (and didn't at the time of the charge either), so I'm hoping I can do so online.

Is there any way to view my PSN transactions online? I just checked my bank account and I was charged $50 from Sony a couple of days ago and I can't figure out why. I don't have a way to access the store on my Vita (and didn't at the time of the charge either), so I'm hoping I can do so online.

Probalby from your PSN/SEN account on Sony's homepage.

https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com

Sign in and hit transaction history? Not sure if this will list services or not, though.

I think I am starting to get the hang of Treasure Park now, received some pretty mean puzzles :^) It is fun sending and receiving them. You should have been able to just multi-select some people from your ranking list to send your puzzle to, would have been so much easier. Also the constant "please wait..." pop-ups are a bit awkward.

Got Sound Shapes, it is different and more tricky than I expected.

Zen Pinball 2 is cool, I like how the PS3 version supports stereo 3D, which looks great, I do have some lag there though which is totally absent on the Vita.

Got a 50€ PSN card for 37€, including postage, then got PSN Plus at 25% off, so I paid only about 27€ for a year of Plus, pretty cool.

Going to get some PS1 games which are at a discount right now. Man, the Vita is one awesome handheld.

oldmario

log into Qriocity/SEN website go to accounts and there should be transaction history on the left

kodt

Banned

Sometimes the charges are delayed, so it could have been something you bought a week or two ago and it just showed up.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Sometimes the charges are delayed, so it could have been something you bought a week or two ago and it just showed up.
In this case it was something I bought nearly a month and a half ago, but going back, it looks like I wasn't charged at the time. I can't believe how delayed the transaction was.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012...e-5th-september-2012/comment-page-4/#comments

Blame Claire lol, good thing i downloaded this on my vita last weekend for moving to my pc i can still play it i hope \o/

Only if you don't want Claire's side. According to that the emulator isn't giving the option to choose which disc you want to use.

Which also is worrying because it means FF7/8/9 and other multidisc games may possibly be broke if Sony didn't test the PSXP's emulator beyond the reset option on single-disc games. :/

Takao

Banned
Since gow vita won't be coming for a while i want to try this,even if it's 30fps it's very playable right?no framerate hiccups?does it run at native res?

I believe so. Both of Tecmo Koei's games have been technically well done on Vita. Dynasty Warriors in particular is a stand out in terms of visuals. It's a shame it's Dynasty Warriors.

Sid

I believe so. Both of Tecmo Koei's games have been technically well done on Vita. Dynasty Warriors in particular is a stand out in terms of visuals. It's a shame it's Dynasty Warriors.
Lol yeah i tried the DW demo i could see that kinda gameplay getting very repetitive very soon, thx for the info though,will buy sigma plus soon enough.

Takao

Banned
What the heck ever happened to "Dragons Crown"? Did it just vanish?

It's in development still. Ignition was bought out by Disney who doesn't want to be in hardcore video games anymore, so Index (Atlus' owner) bought the IP. They're working on it now, but they ran into a problem where features Ignition promised were more than what Vanillaware can handle. As such the game will not be launching for $30, but more. The development of the game lead to the cancellation of the English release of Grands Knight History for PSP, as Vanillaware was too busy with development to program the translation.

leroidys

Super tempted to grab HSG since I can get it for around $12. Do I go for it even though I'm already getting too many Vita games?

I don't know. Do you like HSG games? Vita was my first foray into them, and while the production is great, I just found the game to be annoying as all fuck.

Within the same day all of my happiness about Treasure Park died. You gaf people are on some next level shit with this game. On near nobody has beat anything of mine but effin Mausaus and Zeer0id have destroyed ever puzzle i've thought of. At this point I'm retiring =p

jk, but damn its disheartening. Solved in 2 choices >.<

mauaus

Within the same day all of my happiness about Treasure Park died. You gaf people are on some next level shit with this game. On near nobody has beat anything of mine but effin Mausaus and Zeer0id have destroyed ever puzzle i've thought of. At this point I'm retiring =p

jk, but damn its disheartening. Solved in 2 choices >.<

i know that feeling Vitabro, someone just killed my streak of 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom