• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

M-PG71C

So, I'm thinking of buying a Vita. However, I want to buy it as cheaply as possible. Any one got and leads? I been hunting on ebay for a while now.

Although I still believe the Vita will largely be a dust collector, Ragnarok Odyssey looks pretty damn tight. That and I'm a sucker for the underdog (Hey Dreamcast and Gamecube!)

So, I'm thinking of buying a Vita. However, I want to buy it as cheaply as possible. Any one got and leads? I been hunting on ebay for a while now.

Although I still believe the Vita will largely be a dust collector, Ragnarok Odyssey looks pretty damn tight. That and I'm a sucker for the underdog (Hey Dreamcast and Gamecube!)

Craigslist and Amazon Warehouse deals would be your best bet right now.

OR see if you can make a deal with somebody in the Buy Sell Trade here at GAF.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

Good job throwing this in. -_-

Also, CL will be your playground. I got a Wifi Vita + 8 gig card + Uncharted + UMvC3 for $150.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
I can't believe we're already starting to name the next thread. It feels like we were just thinking of names for part four yesterday.

zroid

Banned
I seem to remember the theme of our part 4 names trended towards PSP emulation. We've moved on to more dour topics since then :(

frogg609

So I've been saving up for a Vita (pretty much for P4G), and, due to some things working out, I should be able to order one next week.

I was going to order the following:

Wifi System
16gb memory card
Vita Cradle

Now, I'm torn on my first game. I'm thinking Wipeout 2048 might be good, but I'm curious what GAF thinks. It would be either that or LBP (though I've read on a few sites that the level design is somewhat uninspired. I will never create levels in LBP, only play them, so it may not be worthwhile).

Besides all that, I remember all the same doom and gloom for the PSP when it came out. I bought one of those within the first year of release, and it is tied for me between my DS for fav portable system. Sony will support it, the games will come, it's just going to be slow. (Does anyone remember the first year of DS Fat? It was horrible!)

Thanks!

Sid

So I've been saving up for a Vita (pretty much for P4G), and, due to some things working out, I should be able to order one next week.

I was going to order the following:

Wifi System
16gb memory card
Vita Cradle

Now, I'm torn on my first game. I'm thinking Wipeout 2048 might be good, but I'm curious what GAF thinks. It would be either that or LBP (though I've read on a few sites that the level design is somewhat uninspired. I will never create levels in LBP, only play them, so it may not be worthwhile).

Besides all that, I remember all the same doom and gloom for the PSP when it came out. I bought one of those within the first year of release, and it is tied for me between my DS for fav portable system. Sony will support it, the games will come, it's just going to be slow. (Does anyone remember the first year of DS Fat? It was horrible!)

Thanks!
Get LBP even if you don't make the levels you still get to play the story and community ones or get gravity rush which is awesome.

Not on your list, but I can only recommend Gravity Rush. That, Project DIVA f, and DJ MAX Technika Tune were my system sellers.

Noi

Gravity Rush was my reason to own the system, but LBP is fantastic. I think the first world alone is better than a lot of LBP/LBP2's best worlds.

No pricecut yet, wait for black friday deals.

You should get Gravity Rush or LBP. I love Gravity Rush and it's a great, new IP and I'm hearing wonderful things about LBP.

Skyzard

Banned
Gravity Rush is over pretty quickly though and isn't all that replayable but is a great game and definitely one you should get to picking up.

Wipeout2048 is very replayable but quite challenging if you aren't a regular. I agree about the level designs but they grow on you and there are some more varied (non-city) ones in the mix - as well as the DLC of all the HD/Fury maps (+12) and campaign which is free if you own it on PS3 and use the same PSN.

LBP still haven't played it due to PSN issues but heard great things and downloadable levels for offline play!

Sound Shapes. Worth buying.

So in playing Gods Eater last night after all the talk of the sequel I noticed that the DLC package wasn't installed. So I naturally hopped on my ps3 and downloaded and transferred to my Vita. Well it still says the DLC package isn't installed. Anyone successfully have the DLC working?

zroid

Banned
What's up with this new Vitabros thing everyone is saying?

I'm not a bro and I despise the bro gamer terminology, to me, bro= plays only sports and shooter games (no thanks)

:0/

Nawww, "Vitabro" signifies our fraternity of Vita awesomeness. Completely unrelated to dudebros. ;D

OmegaZero

So in playing Gods Eater last night after all the talk of the sequel I noticed that the DLC package wasn't installed. So I naturally hopped on my ps3 and downloaded and transferred to my Vita. Well it still says the DLC package isn't installed. Anyone successfully have the DLC working?

IIRC, the DLC isn't supported.
But I haven't checked in months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom