• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh whoops

i looked down at my vita and saw the serial number is still there, the upc code or whatever it is fell off

Master race, here I come!
BUENO.jpg

Where's the spreadsheet where we list what games we own? I need to use it to bother add the people who're getting Ragnarok Odyssey at launch.
Can't find it in the OP. I gotta add myself, too, though.

fake edit here

test_account

XP-39C²
You'll just need to follow the news, CAVE canceled two titles, KONAMI had RISING PSV announced at a conference, and now? nothing. Trendy Entertainment has a very easy to port title (DunDef) but decided to "save resources", Irrational shifted back the Bioshock PSV staff to Bioshock Infinite, plus there is that dungeon crawler (can't recall the name) in development hell that was handed to first party studios to be completed months ago, and there are no news.

And this is just parts of the whole situation, there are surely more, but I can't recall all of them.
These things doesnt confirm anything regarding Vita being hard to program for though. CAVE canceling two games could be more of a financial reason. Konami never announced MGS Rising for the Vita as far as i know, and Bioshock Infinite is apparently in some developement difficulty, so if they moved the PSV staff over to that (is this confirmed by the way?), it makes sense to speed things up with finishing Bioshock Infinite.

The dungeon crawler is called Warrior's Lair (previously known as Ruin). I wonder what happened to this game.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho

Konami PES tweeter guy said no PES for Vita because of low sales.

I guess the Japanese baseball game and MGS HD were "the test" and Vita owners failed at it, I think it is better for us to not expect any new games from Konami after SH.

The dungeon crawler is called Warrior's Lair (previously known as Ruin). I wonder what happened to this game.

development problems -->changed studio -->development problems.

but hey believe in da Yoshida-sama ,he maybe want them to turn it into a mindless garbage shooter just like what he done to Sorcery

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."

I guess the Japanese baseball game and MGS HD were "the test" and Vita owners failed at it, I think it is better for us to not expect any new games from Konami after SH.

Guess that is the final confirmation we needed for ZoE Vita's cancellation.

Foshy

He also said "probably next year" so all hope is not lost.

Ok so... it really is coming? Since it's free I'll bite.

Of course! Yoshida says in order for the localization to finish, it needs to be translated in all European languages!

What I don't get is how Frobisher Says and some other stuff came out in Europe before the Americas, fully in English, and yet now we have to wait for other stuff because they have to be localized in all the European languages. The sad part is that these games are EXTREMELY minimal with text and dialogue, so it makes zero sense why it takes like... months and months.

I had an idea for a Collectors Edition for this but positive it wouldn't fly. It involves combining the boobies mousepad from Agarest War and a set of Vita grips.

Lmao YES. I would totally go for that. Or, to make it more appropriate, make it like an oshiri (butt) mousepad, since it'll be on the Vita's bottom, right?

Gxgear

Totally bummed about Jet Set Radio, I was counting for it to go towards the 100 get 20 back offer.

Frobisher finally gets a release date in NA, yessssss!

sajj316

Guess that is the final confirmation we needed for ZoE Vita's cancellation.

No. I'm still back and forth with him offline. As mentioned, PES 2014 is most probably going to have a version using Fox Engine to port from console to Vita.

Koji Pro is still not saying but considering the issues with console versions .. it's not looking good, unfortunately.

Sheik

So I got Silent Hill: Book of Memories. Haven't played it yet, will give thoughts later. The only reason I picked it up though is because I bought a few copies of Skyward Sword on Amazon.ca for a great price and traded one in for it. I'll probably trade SHBoM in on the 30th for another Vita game.

So many games, so little time. NFSMW is looking great. I would love to see Twisted Metal Vita.

Megatron

Was Frobisher free in Europe? How much did it cost there? I'm very bummed about JSR. Hopefully we get it soon and the game is better for it. I'm definitely ready to try Frobisher next week though.

Tiamant

The other day there was a party at home and one of my friends wanted to check the vita so he grabbed it and tried Frobisher Says.

There's one minigame where Frobisher shouts to you "look away" and you have to do that exactly (camera recognising the eyes?), well, when you do that the game shows you the picture of 2 guys kissing. Everyone laughed.

Its a stupid game, a damn funny stupid game.

spannicus

What the hell is up with Sony updating the store whenever they want. Why can't the store be updated midnight the day of? Damn is it really that hard to do and be consistent with store updates especially after a new overhaul of the store. Fucking lame Sony LAAAAAME. Exhale

Carl

What the hell is up with Sony updating the store whenever they want. Why can't the store be updated midnight the day of? Damn is it really that hard to do and be consistent with store updates especially after a new overhaul of the store. Fucking lame Sony LAAAAAME. Exhale

I don't know about SCEA... but at least in SCEE, if they are to update the store at midnight, someone actually has to stay in the office and push the big red shiny update button at midnight.

At least, this used to be the case, up until a few months ago. Whether this has changed now, i don't know :)

Oh so like most other vita games then?

Pretty much

darkwing

I have to say this again, LBP Vita is the best LBP version after playing LBP2, imo it runs even better in the Vita

what a lovely lovely game

spannicus

I don't know about SCEA... but at least in SCEE, if they are to update the store at midnight, someone actually has to stay in the office and push the big red shiny update button at midnight.

At least, this used to be the case, up until a few months ago. Whether this has changed now, i don't know :)

Pretty much

The way its done just isn't the way you would think a major corporation like Sony runs. Its done like someone who just says oh yeah what time is it? Yeah almost forgot that update.

Finally got around to trying the Unit 13 demo out last night. What a gem that is - have to add that to my list to buy.

Put another hour into LBP last night as well, Aced all of the first world and played around with the Community levels. It's simply amazing having a fully-fleshed LBP title portable :)

Takao

Banned
I'm not seeing it yet....... And wasn't MBA supposed to be on sale as well?

I noticed the Dr Who game on there though.. when did that happen? Any opinions on it? The gf is a massive dr who fan

All-Stars Beta is a PS+ exclusive for this week. Comes out for the regular peeps next week.

Mutant Blobs probably just hasn't had a price change applied. Give it 20 or so minutes.

As for Dr. Who, it was released last week. I haven't played it.

Dokuro is up via search, bye bye escape plan. You were never worth it :(

Also, the transaction email is in a new format. I guess it's because of the new store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom