• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skyzard

Banned
Hmm, well we had power outtage today and the IP changed so could it be that?

Nah I don't think so..(I thought you might be a netflix user with the US account, I know some don't let you download using it).

Nevermind, have you tried just exiting the app and re-downloading it? What's the error say btw? might want to google the code..

zinder

Nah I don't think so..(I thought you might be a netflix user with the US account, I know some don't let you download using it).

Nevermind, have you tried just exiting the app and re-downloading it? What's the error say btw? might want to google the code..

I just tried again and it works, atleast on the Vita. Maybe something freaked out because I tried downloading it simultaneously on Vita and PS3 store.

Thanks for helping!

Skyzard

Banned
I just tried again and it works, atleast on the Vita. Maybe something freaked out because I tried downloading it simultaneously on Vita and PS3 store.

Thanks for helping!

Haha no worries, sorry about the confusion earlier - although you know I'm not even sure if that was it...maybe :S anyway Have fun! Can't wait to download it tomorrow..

I'll admit, after ignoring all things PSABR related - coughwritingitoffasSSBclonecough - I'm digging it after trying out the beta. It seems technical enough and looks really nice. The game animates well on all cylinders (stages and fighters). I played a round as Kratos in a Ratchet level, got my ass handed to me....normally, I'd be peeved, but the game was fun!

I dunno where I stand on the game. I don't play fighters as often, but it seems like a solid addition for any PS system fan library ^_^

And WTF is this:

New Little King's Story Ultimate Pass ($19.99) – Be the first to download the Little King’s DLC Ultimate Pass! Purchase the full DLC library in advance to save 50% on all of the New Little King’s Story downloadable content packs. Reign over your kingdom with the most powerful weapons, strengthen your attacks, and increase your life span! The boundaries are limitless with this ultimate DLC pack – download it today!

yeah, as much as i loved the game, this's definitely a 'wtf?' :) ...

And WTF is this:

New Little King's Story Ultimate Pass ($19.99) – Be the first to download the Little King’s DLC Ultimate Pass! Purchase the full DLC library in advance to save 50% on all of the New Little King’s Story downloadable content packs. Reign over your kingdom with the most powerful weapons, strengthen your attacks, and increase your life span! The boundaries are limitless with this ultimate DLC pack – download it today!

Can't say we didn't see this coming. This is the future of gaming.

Carlisle

So I've had 24 hours with my Vita now. And aside from a poorly-timed, longer-than-scheduled shitty PSN maintenance that kept me from getting at it for way too long; and from shitty PSN activation rules that, due to having to juggle a couple of PSPs to get everything I want activated and deactivated, I ended up over-tinkering and now I'm locked out of activating anything for a full week--leaving my PS3 and PSP Go deactivated until then--but thankfully not my Vita, it's breathtaking.

I mean, I knew it was going to be good. Great hardware, graphics, etc, all the stuff you see in pics. But God-DAMN. This really is something else. I'm completely blown away by every aspect of the machine. (God I hate saying this because it's so overused it's lost all meaning, but...)Sony really outdid themselves. The care, love, and pinpoint attention to detail is unlike anything I've seen from them or any piece of gaming hardware before it.

For the longest while I only kinda-wanted one because I figured a game might eventually come out for it that I wanted... but it was never a priority, and I might not have ever got one. But now I don't know how I went so long without one, and I haven't even played anything on it yet except a few minutes of MBA. I'd read Vita threads with people seemingly hyperbolizing the shit out of it. I always chocked it up to people just trying to justify their expensive purchase and hedge against buyer's remorse.

God, was I wrong. You guys were really onto something, you were trying to help everyone else see the light and we were all too busy finding new ways to type "Vita is doomed" to really listen. I'm ready for the all-portable future now. Greatest handheld ever by far, Jesus Herbert Christ.

UI could be better though

God, was I wrong. You guys were really onto something, you were trying to help everyone else see the light and we were all too busy finding new ways to type "Vita is doomed" to really listen. I'm ready for the all-portable future now. Greatest handheld ever by far, Jesus Herbert Christ.

0578jp2.png

Welcome, friend!

So I've had 24 hours with my Vita now. And aside from a poorly-timed, longer-than-scheduled shitty PSN maintenance that kept me from getting at it for way too long; and from shitty PSN activation rules that, due to having to juggle a couple of PSPs to get everything I want activated and deactivated, I ended up over-tinkering and now I'm locked out of activating anything for a full week--leaving my PS3 and PSP Go deactivated until then--but thankfully not my Vita, it's breathtaking.

I mean, I knew it was going to be good. Great hardware, graphics, etc, all the stuff you see in pics. But God-DAMN. This really is something else. I'm completely blown away by every aspect of the machine. (God I hate saying this because it's so overused it's lost all meaning, but...)Sony really outdid themselves. The care, love, and pinpoint attention to detail is unlike anything I've seen from them or any piece of gaming hardware before it.

For the longest while I only kinda-wanted one because I figured a game might eventually come out for it that I wanted... but it was never a priority, and I might not have ever got one. But now I don't know how I went so long without one, and I haven't even played anything on it yet except a few minutes of MBA. I'd read Vita threads with people seemingly hyperbolizing the shit out of it. I always chocked it up to people just trying to justify their expensive purchase and hedge against buyer's remorse.

I speak for myself and everyone: we love you and welcome

I like the UI ^_^

Carl

Heh, good to see you're enjoying your purchase. Hope it stays that way!

PaulLFC

Asked Netflix about Vita on the UK store, got this reply:

"We do not have any updates at this time as to whether or not the app will become supported. We will pass this on for you!"

Bullshit. It's the same app. They have to translate it for other European countries where Netflix is available and... that's it. At this point the only possible reasoning I can think of for them not having the app out over here is that they can't be arsed. It's been months.

Gxgear

Just got FF3 for free (yay), and along with JSR being delayed I have to rework my $100 list.

Tokyo Jungle 11.99 *bought*
Super Crate Box 3.49 *bought*
Dynasty Warriors Next 34.99
Dokuro 19.99

Give me your suggestions fellow Vitabros!

To start filling in the gap, I'm thinking: Gravity Rush DLC x2 (7.98) and Sunflowers (3.99).

Just got FF3 for free (yay), and along with JSR being delayed I have to rework my $100 list.

Dokuro 19.99

You getting Ragnarok Odyssey?

Carl

Dokuro 19.99

Assassin's Creed on 31st

Carlisle

Thanks Vitabros! Got LBP and UGA waiting in the wings, but I'm leaving on a trip in the morning, so I'm doing a quick back up. Oh wait, no it's not quick at all... over an hour for 8GB! But oh well!

And who is it that keeps pimping MBA? Carl? I love you for making me do it. I'd never heard of the game before, didn't know anything about, hadn't even seen a screen. Just went in blind and couldn't stop playing. THE CHARM boils my eyes in their sockets. Brilliant platforming with subtle dashes of LocoRoco thrown into a World of Goo flavored stew.

Kerub

Banned

Dokuro 19.99

The new Sega kart racer? Looks really cool.

I really wish I hadn't missed out on Tokyo Jungle counting towards my total.

Currently
Gravity Rush DLC (3.99) x3
SunFlowers (3.99)
MvC Origins (14.99)
Zen Pinball 2 Monster Table Pack (4.19)

Total: 35.14
Remaining 64.86

Really not sure what's going to fill that, though if someone buys my UMvC3 cart, that will be 34.99.

After that, I suppose it's a toss up between Lumines and some UMvC3 alt costumes.

Carl

And who is it that keeps pimping MBA? Carl? I love you for making me do it. I'd never heard of the game before, didn't know anything about, hadn't even seen a screen. Just went in blind and couldn't stop playing. THE CHARM boils my eyes in their sockets. Brilliant platforming with subtle dashes of LocoRoco thrown into a World of Goo flavored stew.

Yup, that would be me. It's really fantastic, isn't it? It was one of the best of the launch line up, and continues to be one of the best Vita games. DrinkBox did a really great job.

Keep an eye on their next game - Guacamelee - coming next year :)

Toki767

I have $65.58 left to go for my $100. Thinking I may cancel my RO preorder and Newegg and just buy it digitally, then pick up Dokuro and Okami HD.

Only thing stopping me from buying Ragnarok digitally is not knowing whether there will be a 10% discount. Getting the retail version for $30, but I wouldn't mind spending a few dollars more for a digital one. I do mind spending $10 more for a digital copy though.

Takao

Banned
Dokuro in Canada:

you're not going to like the news I have, but it appears this title was only slated for US release only. I'm checking to see if it's slated for release later on in other NA areas, but for now, it's US only.

Working with the teams now to update the blog posts with this messaging, but I'm knocking some heads together now for us not being more clear upfront about this. My apologies on behalf of the team.

However, Gungho said they wanted it released in Canada:

We are looking into this matter as we speak! We certainly plan for the game to be available in Canada. We will keep you posted as this develops!!!!

We definitely planned to release this in Canada - we are looking into this, and hope to have the matter solved ASAP.

The new Sega kart racer? Looks really cool.

SEGA being so silent on the handheld versions doesn't instill confidence.

Carl

Geez...the Mutant Blobs Attack patch is 129mb? Am I redownloading the game?

What’s new? Well sir, for one thing, Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack now offers full in-game support for French and Spanish (or is that two things?). So feel free to throw away your French-English and Spanish-English dictionaries as they have outgrown their usefulness.

Also, we made a bunch of little art, design, and code tweaks. There were issues with the blob shrinking when backtracking in certain areas, friend tokens getting stuck in walls, and countries displaying incorrectly in leaderboards. Now the blob only gets bigger, friend tokens are unstickable, and the leaderboard is gussied up, among a bunch of other minor fixes.

Just lots of fixes.

Yup, that would be me. It's really fantastic, isn't it? It was one of the best of the launch line up, and continues to be one of the best Vita games. DrinkBox did a really great job.

Keep an eye on their next game - Guacamelee - coming next year :)

Preach it, brother!

zroid

Banned
Incompetence... it doesn't say anywhere in the store update post when the Halloween sale ends. Yeah I know it said the 30th in the earlier PS+ post but god damn.

cyborg009

Banned
Thanks Vitabros! Got LBP and UGA waiting in the wings, but I'm leaving on a trip in the morning, so I'm doing a quick back up. Oh wait, no it's not quick at all... over an hour for 8GB! But oh well!

Make sure get gravity rush, NFS:MW, AC3:L, PLaystation-allstars, and book of memories

Carlisle

Make sure get gravity rush, NFS:MW, AC3:L, PLaystation-allstars, and book of memories

Gravity Rush and ACL for sure, probably PSABR as well. Also trying to decide how/when to get the MGS Collection... the digital vs retail conundrum... I also kinda want it on PS3, but having every MG game (except 4 obviously) on my Vita would be pretty damn sweet.

Who am I kidding, I know I'll do both PS3 and Vita. TRANSFARING!

I had absolutely no intention of doing the 100/20 deal, and even scoffed a hearty scoff at the idea. But now I'm halfway there and getting, for example, MGSHD and Dokuro would seal the deal... or Okami HD... or any other number of amazing new games coming out soon. I guess buying a new system will do that.

Shit, I need a new memory card. 8GB lasted me about 18 hours. We need 64s, Sony. $50 64s.

Ponn

Banned
Oh well. They did finally put Front Mission 3 up for download. I bought it a long time ago and really wanted to play it on Vita so I will finally play that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom