• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys should know by now not to listen to Totobeni's opinions about P3P, the second highest rated PSP game of all time, and a pure joy to play.

Yes but its a toss up in my opinion. If you want the complete story presented in full 3d and full cutscenes and 3d models doing the things in the text, and the 20+ hour 2nd game included (yes I know The Answer's reputation), then go for P3FES on PS2 or PS3.

If you want a version of the game with much better gameplay, but gimped presentation and content, with some added bonus content to fill the void, or already played P3FES and want to experience the game again with a different protagonist, then play P3P.

A quick question regarding memory cards. I have two 16Gb cards, one has the bulk of my Vita games, a few PSP games and Minis. The other has the remainder of my Vita, PSP, Minis games as well as my PS1 games, if I swap between them I lose the order the games are placed in, is there a way to fix them in place?

so true, the amount of titles I'm interested for the rest of the year on vita is insane, I just bought LBP, and I still have unopened Dokuro import that I haven't got the time to play because I was playing Hatsune Miku import at the time. and I'm still waiting on psn game Retro City Rampage and Jet Set Radio.

My list is much shorter. :(

I think the only retail Vita games I know of that are coming in 2012 that I might purchase are SFxT and P4G. I've never played a Persona before, not sure if I want to start now though... and I hate 6 button fighters on the Vita. The 3 fighters I bought are all 5 buttons or less (mostly). I always hated playing SFII on the SNES with a pad; I had to map MP/MK to the shoulder buttons as they were the ones I used the least. With that said, I have Gwabbity Wush and Resistance on the way and am on the lookout for a cheap copy of NGS+.

I don't know of any PSN games I want for Vita, though I may consider JSR since I've never played it. RCR would depend heavily on a demo.

And even with all that said though, I'm not on the "Vita is dead" bandwagon. :p

Sid

Yes, they meant Toukiden. It's an new IP from the Musou peeps at Omega Force.

I imagine it's UE3. Epic hasn't made a Vita game, and thus Neather Realms, and Supermassive are doing UE3 on a platform without comprehensive documentation.
Is toukiden an action game or a mh clone?

Foxix Von

Yes but its a toss up in my opinion. If you want the complete story presented in full 3d and full cutscenes and 3d models doing the things in the text, and the 20+ hour 2nd game included (yes I know The Answer's reputation), then go for P3FES on PS2 or PS3.

If you want a version of the game with much better gameplay, but gimped presentation and content, with some added bonus content to fill the void, or already played P3FES and want to experience the game again with a different protagonist, then play P3P.

Huh? What reputation? I didn't realize it got a bad wrap.

I actually quite enjoyed it. Sure it was a bit light on plot but the gameplay was still great and it made for a fun challenge. Was it necessary? Not really but it did wrap some things up for Aigis I suppose. Regardless it's not like it hurt anything in the original game.

My list is much shorter. :(

I think the only retail Vita games I know of that are coming in 2012 that I might purchase are SFxT and P4G. I've never played a Persona before, not sure if I want to start now though... and I hate 6 button fighters on the Vita. The 3 fighters I bought are all 5 buttons or less (mostly). I always hated playing SFII on the SNES with a pad; I had to map MP/MK to the shoulder buttons as they were the ones I used the least. With that said, I have Gwabbity Wush and Resistance on the way and am on the lookout for a cheap copy of NGS+.

I don't know of any PSN games I want for Vita, though I may consider JSR since I've never played it. RCR would depend heavily on a demo.

And even with all that said though, I'm not on the "Vita is dead" bandwagon. :p

persona 4 is great, if you value good story and fun characters in a game, than you just can't go wrong with P4, even if you're not into the combat, you can just play on easy mode. and enjoy the story content, which is a big portion of the game.

if you like good story, maybe look at zero's escape, I love the previous game 999 on ds.

I imagine it's UE3. Epic hasn't made a Vita game, and thus Neather Realms, and Supermassive are doing UE3 on a platform without comprehensive documentation.

Hmm sounds reasonable. Strange though, UE3 works perfectly on every other platform and the vita shouldn't have issues with it.. Then again I don't really see epic ever releasing a game on it :/

darkwing

now that I have played LBP Vita some more I think this should be a required game for any Vita user, it is better than the console versions

and it looks so good on dat OLED, good job to Tarsier studios!

now that I have played LBP Vita some more I think this should be a required game for any Vita user, it is better than the console versions

and it looks so good on dat OLED, good job to Tarsier studios!

I've heard only good things and liked the demo but it makes me think - a tarsier made lbp as a launch title for ps4 could be great

persona 4 is great, if you value good story and fun characters in a game, than you just can't go wrong with P4, even if you're not into the combat, you can just play on easy mode. and enjoy the story content, which is a big portion of the game.

if you like good story, maybe look at zero's escape, I love the previous game 999 on ds.

I like RPGs with a decent story... the old school FF games always did it for me... 10,12,13... didn't like the story in any of those though; at least the combat was good in 10 and 13.

Is it standard RPG style turn based stuff?

And I'm definitely *not* into games like 999, I think; I don't like the PW games, though the Professor Layton games seemed good.

Takao

Banned
It just feel like it will be a MH/GD clone in feudal japan setting (it might be the very same long missing Ni-Oh)

It ain't Ni-Oh, because if it was they'd say it. I dunno if it'll be another MH clone though, Tecmo-Koei tried that already with Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce. The first one sold well, the second? Not so much.

zroid

Banned
The only thing holding LBPV back so far is the inane touch stuff, both front and back. The level design and soundtrack are both every bit as good as LBP2, perhaps better.

I'm also finding the bonus mini-game levels pretty uninspired or just ill-conceived but I'm still early on so that could change.

Minor issues aside, it's a great game.

I think ultimately LBPV's greatest asset will be the touch controls of the level editor.

standing Sackboy on a freely movable blue block and then squishing him between the block and the ceiling is pretty hilarious though

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
i am not fan of portable gaming but i think ps vita deserve more selling
maybe with price drop (it's sure

but it's Sony..

Their price drop Vita idea will be an uglier Vita that look like Atari Lynx and the cards slots will getting replaced with bottle caps (require Sony official Bottle Opener,Sold Separately) bundled with Spy Hunter and will be $280.

spannicus

All this damn news about Black Oos 2 where is all the Declasaified info sheesh.
Somebody tell Nihilistic we want info and we want it
NOW!

but it's Sony..

Their price drop Vita idea will be an uglier Vita that look like Atari Lynx and the cards slots will getting replaced with bottle caps (require Sony official Bottle Opener,Sold Separately) bundled with Spy Hunter and will be $280.

Wow imagine how much that will be worth in a post-nuclear apocalypse world!

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
I swear the vita line up is absolutely crazy! So many games so little money and time

indeed - i'm drowning in Vita games already.

I'm also having to have my pimp hand repaired for the next nthing that goes from "nothing but ports on vita yawn" to "amazing Wii U launch line up!"

Grinchy

Banned
On a barely related note, MW3 has a free weekend on Steam. It'll be the first time I have played a COD game since putting a couple hours into MW2 and selling it out of disgust.

On a barely related note, MW3 has a free weekend on Steam. It'll be the first time I have played a COD game since putting a couple hours into MW2 and selling it out of disgust.

Staying horribly off topic, I've heard that mw3 spec ops mode is actually really really good fun.

branny

I don't know how late I am, but I'm really happy that EDF2017 Portable and Picotto Knights are coming to North America.

I like RPGs with a decent story... the old school FF games always did it for me... 10,12,13... didn't like the story in any of those though; at least the combat was good in 10 and 13.

Is it standard RPG style turn based stuff?
I think you'll like Persona 4. The combat is good in most SMT games--they are the only team-based JRPGs (aside from SRPGs) I can really get into, beyond the action-y ones like Tales and Star Ocean.

The only mainline FF with a battle system I could stand was FFX. The others I've played can all be broken to oblivion or are boring as hell to me. Even FFXIII's bothered me because nearly every battle felt the same. (I am a huge fan of Final Fantasy Tactics, though. It is my favorite Final Fantasy game, with Duodecim right behind it.)

Think of Persona 4's battle system as a fast-paced combination of Pokemon (Demon/Persona fusing for attacks and passive abilities) and traditional party-based battles. It's very quick and rooted deeply in its elemental weakness system. You can do things like knock down enemies to score more turns and a whole bunch of other stuff tied to the social parts of the game. You'll also need to manage HP and SP from battle to battle.

The out-of-dungeon portions of the game are sort of like a relationship sim, but the way the game incorporates that aspect is very good. Unless the Vita version bloats P4 with too much fanservice, I don't think you can go wrong with P4G. It's a very mainstream SMT game. If you like it, you might want to give other SMT games a shot because some do things a lot better than P4 (like dungeon design, especially).

Yopis

So guys I got the plat for gravity rush a few months ago. Wanted to go back and grab the dlc packs. Which ones are worth a look? Has anybody played any of them?

Noi

So guys I got the plat for gravity rush a few months ago. Wanted to go back and grab the dlc packs. Which ones are worth a look? Has anybody played any of them?

jtKhzJTzj23r5.png

All of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom