• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.

geestack

Lol, if you're really being serious, the game actually looks like that from what I tried of the JP demo. Here are some caps I took:

This looks great; I never played the Wii version, so I'm looking forward to it. This and RE6 dropping the same week, let the fall rush of games begin!

Ramune

Haha, never heard it put like that.

I didn't know what else to call it. I have to stop writing such passionately long posts and try to get to the point though. ^_-

I won't belive it untill official annoucement. Altrough they are bringing VC3 artbook to the west so it would make sense.

Then again Sega and making sense usually shouldn't be used in single sentence :D

Oh PLEASE be true! Even better if it's the re-release with the extra content in it! That, the news of Gungho setting up shop in America and that their latest Vita games are coming over with them, and EDF3 (which will make a few of friends night!) is just so awesome to hear! I find the timing ironic really!

So after working night shift and sleeping most of the day theres apparently a bunch more stuff getting localised? Guess that guy Takao was talking too was right.

Sintoid

Gungho posted this right now about european Dokuro version

GungHo Online Entertainment America, Inc. We are definitely looking to bring out more titles over there and I'll keep everyone posted once word is official ;)

Tailer

Damn it Sony really needs to release a damn 64GB memory card had to delete quite a bit and I still only have like 5GB left :/, there's just too many games for my memory card to keep up.

Damn it Sony really needs to release a damn 64GB memory card had to delete quite a bit and I still only have like 5GB left :/, there's just too many games for my memory card to keep up.

I think they presume people will have multiple memory cards. It's all well and good except for the fact that it forgets all your icon places :(

Tailer

I think they presume people will have multiple memory cards. It's all well and good except for the fact that it forgets all your icon places :(
I actually hope that in the revision they let you have 2 memory card simultaneously, would really be awesome to have a future like that.

I actually hope that in the revision they let you have 2 memory card simultaneously, would really be awesome to have a future like that.
Unless they make 200+ gb card, I just cant see myself storing all my game collection on 1 card. Just have to live with picking and choosing which game I want to always be ready.

That said, I kinda hope they go all out with remote play options, it'd be nice if I can play vita games that are backuped on my ps3 via remote play.

Apath

I really want P4G. I can wait on everything else. Hell, going for platinum in Uncharted has revealed the game to having amazing legs. I've beaten it probably 4 times now..

Fox1304

Really hoping Picotto Knights will be announced for EU.
Or would it be possible to play it from my EU account if bought on the US ? Demos are generally fine, but paid content are not, no idea where F2P games stand.
Someone tried it with a US account and the JP Version ?

Really hoping Picotto Knights will be announced for EU.
Or would it be possible to play it from my EU account if bought on the US ? Demos are generally fine, but paid content are not, no idea where F2P games stand.
Someone tried it with a US account and the JP Version ?

Not possible. :/

Resistance is fairly short, fairly mediocre shooter with a few silly design decisions as far as gameplay goes (back touch to run, really? REALLY?) but for 10 bucks I would say it's worth it. Easy ass tropihie spam too.

Apath

Resistance is fairly short, fairly mediocre shooter with a few silly design decisions as far as gameplay goes (back touch to run, really? REALLY?) but for 10 bucks I would say it's worth it. Easy ass tropihie spam too.
I think I just pressed down on the D-Pad to run. For being on a handheld it's a really good game.

Twinduct

Yeah so LBP Vita is damn decent. Props for the team behind it, been enjoying it waay more than LBP2 for some reason.

Also for those who bought New Little King, how's the framerate in general? I mean gamebreaking?

Yeah so LBP Vita is damn decent. Props for the team behind it, been enjoying it waay more than LBP2 for some reason.

Also for those who bought New Little King, how's the framerate in general? I mean gamebreaking?

I really wish it had a demo as I want to see if I like it and its a bit too expensive to buy on a whim :/

Finally bit and rebought the retail copy of Everybodys Golf. Lost about 6 games in a travel case last month and had been holding off repurchasing it due to PS+ and my thoughts that it would be one of the first to be given away.

However Blockbuster are having a games sale and they had it for £4.98 so that was a gamble I was willing to take. The online pass is worth more than that, so if they give it away free on plus at a later date I can sell on including the pass as I already have my account linked via the pass from my lost copy :(

Others in there were Ridge Racer for £10 Gravity Rush for £13 Wipeout £13 VT4 £15 and Uncharted £25

Finally bit and rebought the retail copy of Everybodys Golf. Lost about 6 games in a travel case last month and had been holding off repurchasing it due to PS+ and my thoughts that it would be one of the first to be given away.

However Blockbuster are having a games sale and they had it for £4.98 so that was a gamble I was willing to take. The online pass is worth more than that, so if they give it away free on plus at a later date I can sell on including the pass as I already have my account linked via the pass from my lost copy :(

Others in there were Ridge Racer for £10 Gravity Rush for £13 Wipeout £13 VT4 £15 and Uncharted £25

Is that blockbuster UK? If so ill have to take a run down. GR for £13 is a steal!

Yeah :) Certainly worth it for GR if they have it at your store. I already have it on digital so didn't bother. But EG was a no brainer for me.

Awesome thanks! Ill make sure to go have a look, on a off topic side note, how many posts/ how long till you become a member? I swear I read 300 but this is my 301st so...

Edit: and look at that! Woot!

Silent Hill demo, anyone tried it? It was bad.

The first time i didn´t even finish it, the second time i was able to, but i had to push myself really hard...yeah, just bad.

The setting is ok, the mechanics interesting, but the combat is just awful and repetitive, a complete snorefest imho, and that is a fatal grip in an action game.

Maybe in coop is better or maybe not, but after playing the demo i have no desire to know anymore.

The first time i didn´t even finish it, the second time i was able to, but i had to push myself really hard...yeah, just bad.

The setting is ok, the mechanics interesting, but the combat is just awful and repetitive, a complete snorefest imho, and that is a fatal grip in an action game.

Maybe in coop is better or maybe not, but after playing the demo i have no desire to know anymore.

It's a pity, way forward are a great company and I hope it doesn't recover badly on them

lol

edit I believe there is also a time element, like 3 months and 300 posts both have to happen, I guess to stop people from just posting once in every thread there is and unjunioring in a couple of days

Ah yeah I guess that could be it I suppose. I guess my post per days is too high! Although at under 2 per day it is hardly spammage. Oh well, will sit and wait and play my Vita instead.

So after looking at the vids of God Eater 2 I decided to re download Gods Eater Burst as I havnt played it for months. Yup I def think its way more fun than monster hunter. I can totally see why people might prefer monster hunter but GEB is just so much faster and more fluid and more my kinda thing. Im sorta getting back into it now and already put another 3 hours into it. Its got a surprising amount of depth and customisability to it for what it is. I wish the environments and monsters were a little more varied but hopefully the sequel will have that.

I put about 20 hours into monster hunter as well a while back after playing GEB the first time and I did like it but the combat just felt way to clunky for my tastes. I would prob love it mulitplayer but that just isn't an option as the only person I know with a Vita is my brother and he lives 40 mins drive away and doesn't own the game.

Please add internet play to GE2 and Soul Sacrifice..... That would be rather amazing for me. I think the fact that with GEB at least you have a team of AI with helps as well.

Still playing LBP as well of course. I like to have a quick look at a few user made levels in bed. played a batman one which was pretty clever. Anyone seen any on there they could recommend? I imagine some decent mini games will be arriving soon (like the mini games that come with the main game). So much potential there.

Quick question - Anyone played tomb raider anniversary (psp version) on vita? is it good. I watched a you tube video and it looked surprisingly decent. I just think the psone classic ones look to dated to me but that one looks relatively nice.

Also is there a list of PSMobile games that will be arriving next week?

Toki767

Tomb Raider Anniversary was fine on PSP when I played it back when it was released. That might've been the only Tomb Raider game I've beaten lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom