• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrefpvs

Sucks. :/
Is it persisting or did that happen just once?

It happens when I force Uncharted to load a corrupted save file via a work-around. I can replicate it.

The corrupted save file is a side effect of the many issues my Vita has been suffering from lately (crashes, freezes).

I just wanted to finish a few more chapters on Crushing to get my Platinum :(

spannicus

Yo yo yooooo! Where my Vita bros and Vita ho's at. Let's have a Vita night when the good multiplayer games come out where we all get together and game it up over a few beers. Online lol. Anyone in the North Jersey area?

Today in "Problems with my PS Vita":
OkzRa.jpg

Ive never seen that, what is it?

Andrefpvs

Ive never seen that, what is it?

It pops up while loading an Uncharted game if you're using a semi-corrupted save file. The Vita freezes and displays that message. Some people got it to appear in LBP Vita as well. It's very rare, but I found a way to replicate it every time.

It says:
GPU Driver detects GPU Crash.
Generating CoreDump

BosSin

It pops up while loading an Uncharted game if you're using a semi-corrupted save file. The Vita freezes and displays that message. Some people got it to appear in LBP Vita as well. It's very rare, but I found a way to replicate it every time.

It says:
GPU Driver detects GPU Crash.
Generating CoreDump

You must still have a valid warranty, right?

beanman25

Have 3,400 yen left after buying PDf in the store. What game(s) should I buy? Looking for great games whether PSP, PS1, anything! (Please nothing available in the US!)

Andrefpvs

You must still have a valid warranty, right?
Well, yes. I'm just afraid they'll look at it, figure out there's nothing wrong with it because the crashes are random, give it back to me in the same state and meanwhile I'd have spent a month or so without my Vita... :(

Sid

Have 3,400 yen left after buying PDf in the store. What game(s) should I buy? Looking for great games whether PSP, PS1, anything! (Please nothing available in the US!)
Get the god of war games(coo and gos) if you like the others,ys seven is pretty good too and as for ps1 get castlevania symphony of the night.

Depends, what do you like? I'm not sure on the chances of Type-0 coming over, so I'd look at that.

Get the god of war games(coo and gos) if you like the others,ys seven is pretty good too and as for ps1 get castlevania symphony of the night.
He said games not available in the US store.

The sp is pretty fun and is around 7 hours long while the mp is quite simplistic but the shotgun is WAY overpowered,an easy platinum too.

This is one of those games that I'm just going to wait to see on PS+. Considering how poorly it sold, I wouldn't be surprised to see it on there within the first few months.

So is Resistance Vita really that bad?

I just played the demo, felt and looked pretty good.

You must have different standards than I do. I couldn't play the demo very long before I said it wasn't worth whatever it happened to be on sale for at that time. When I did the Wal-Mart deal, it was in stock and was the only game I hadn't played besides Gravity Rush, so I decided to give it another shot.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised

do you like shoot em ups? if so there's a FUCKING BOAT LOAD of stuff on PS1. Plus you can get yourself over $200 worth of games by simply buying Harmful Park and Gaiaseed (which has THE most amazingly comical intro ever!)

Other than those: Panzer Bandit, Kyuuin, Little Ralph... i guess i should check what else is there.

on PSP - there's Ridge Racer 2 (as long as you don't own 1!)

Plenty of jp only psp games, how about ryu ga gotoku kurohyo? Last ranker? Or how about one of those super robot wars game? Don't know if its playable on vita though.

Zero Escape demo next week!
Gonna skip demo and go straight to buy, I like 999, and zero escape got positive impression from those who got the jp version

Yo yo yooooo! Where my Vita bros and Vita ho's at. Let's have a Vita night when the good multiplayer games come out where we all get together and game it up over a few beers. Online lol. Anyone in the North Jersey area?

Come on out to Kansas.

We can hang.

Play some MP, tip some cows, eat corn.

So now that Gungho America is open.. I wonder if this means more games will come out West? :) So excited for Picotto Knights coming now as well, that looks like it's going to be a blast.

Lol, if you're really being serious, the game actually looks like that from what I tried of the JP demo. Here are some caps I took:

It looks great! A lot of the screens I've seen just looked fuzzy, like the colors were washed out. Any feedback regarding the frame rate? That seems to be the main gripe.

ZeroAKA

Lol, if you're really being serious, the game actually looks like that from what I tried of the JP demo. Here are some caps I took:
Those screenshots actually look... really good. Was the image compression problem fixed in the firmware update?

Takao

Banned
So now that Gungho America is open.. I wonder if this means more games will come out West? :) So excited for Picotto Knights coming now as well, that looks like it's going to be a blast.

All of the Vita games Gungho is involved with have already been announced for localization.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom