• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koroviev

I very much prefer this:

00af92906d39909e2a422d5831d766de.jpg

To this:

new_little_kings_story_king_corobo.JPG

But as I said the 3d models are charming and don't have the same style as the 2d portraits so in the end everything's right.

I don't know how it's in english but the translation to spanish is hilarious, it makes me laugh quite a lot (I remember de Wii version getting a lot of hate because of this)

Also I'm seeing the game has got a bunch of good reviews (+8) so here's hope it sells decently.

Oh, no, I thought you were referring to portrait art in general, lol. I completely agree with you that the original character design was much better.

Noi

New Musou title for Vita? EDFP3 confirmed for west release along with Dokuro and Pikotto Knights?

God damn, this baby will probably end up being my favorite handheld ever made at this rate.

I really really wish we forget about this series and learn how to live with Vita without thinking about it. (this has nothing to do with my opinion on MH as games...really)

Thing is main line MH is locked for Nintendo systems for years and years to come,Nintendo work with deals that involve huge amount of money,it's their business style and strategy for a long time now,just see how they announce their third party "exclusives" when companies top producers,CEO and executives( like from SE or Capcom and other) show in person on their press conferences and take photos shaking hands and all that crap,they give marketing money to these games and all that too.
Damn sneaky Nintendo and their huge amountz of moneyz and marketing and stuff.

I've watched some video of this game, but still don't completely get what you're supposed to do. It's basically an action RPG of sorts, right? Honestly it just doesn't impress me much -- seems like some of the old PS1 RPG's look better. Am I wrong to think that?
It's like Pikmin and Overlord. It's not really an RPG. The Wii game was loads of fun though.

BibiMaghoo

So I went and got myself a vita.....

What a fucking wonderful bit a kit it is.
Grabbed Uncharted, FF tactics (I never got to play it) a memory card , case and some demos for now. I have some questions though.

1) is there any way to change the way ps1 games are displayed? I tried mgs and it's almost unplayable its so small. Only half the screen is used.

2) Is there any way to keep the bubbles when copying over a game from the ps3? It seems to delete them every time making juggling games being played around a memory card really annoying. I have crappy internet so do they really have to be downloaded again every time?

Grabbed Uncharted, FF tactics (I never got to play it) a memory card , case and some demos for now. I have some questions though.

1) is there any way to change the way ps1 games are displayed? I tried mgs and it's almost unplayable its so small. Only half the screen is used.

2) Is there any way to keep the bubbles when copying over a game from the ps3? It seems to delete them every time making juggling games being played around a memory card really annoying. I have crappy internet so do they really have to be downloaded again every time?

While runnig ps1 games you touch the screen until the settings pop up.

zroid

Banned
I'm sad that I can't cheat in the co-op bits like in LBP2 by just plugging in another controller and playing both parts myself :(

The best setting is "Normal". If you want to fill the whole screen you could select stretched, but it messes with the aspect ratio. These games were never meant to go past 4:3 aspect ratio so some might look funny when stretched out. So yeah, Normal is the largest one that keeps the right aspect ratio. Don't worry if the whole screen isn't filled, because things look much nicer when not stretched.

prwxv3

I find it very ironic that the system that is not region locked and has worse sales is getting more of its niche games localized.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood

Carl

You have to to buy Tales From Space Mutant Blobs Attack, and Velocity before we will help you.

The best setting is "Normal". If you want to fill the whole screen you could select stretched, but it messes with the aspect ratio. These games were never meant to go past 4:3 aspect ratio so some might look funny when stretched out. So yeah, Normal is the largest one that keeps the right aspect ratio. Don't worry if the whole screen isn't filled, because things look much nicer when not stretched.

I'm pretty sure he just asked how to change the settings, if possible.

While runnig ps1 games you touch the screen until the settings pop up.

Oh look at that, he did.
And DMPrince is right on -- it works for PSP games too -- just hold your finger on the touch screen when the PS1/PSP game is running and you should get a menu for emulator settings.
You should be able to choose from Normal/Full/Stretch/Zoom.
Personally, I don't have a problem with the stretch views in the PS1 games I play; but you'll find a rabid community of people like GrumpyAlien who find using anything other than "normal" to be an blasphemous abomination against the Creator or something, so do so at your own risk.

As far as 2) goes, I don't know, I don't think my PS3 currently deletes them after using CMA to transfer games to my Vita... maybe there's a setting somewhere to automatically delete the game after transfer, but I'm not familiar with it if there is.

Massa

You know, Carl keeps going on about Velocity... he's actually right. That is one amazing little game. It's actually the reason I renewed my Plus subscription, believe it or not.

You can transfer the game after it's been installed, back and forth between a PS3 or PC and the Vita. It's actually the best way to do it or else you lose your save files.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I'd do a Rainbow Moon post, but it would be swarmed with the usual 'oh another port lololol' crap.

No point.

Lol, sadly you are right, but if there's a thread for edf coming in the usa i don't see why there's no thread for gung ho opening a new office and releasing all that stuff.

Noi

It has a few fans on GAF, but I have a hard time recommending Rainbow Moon to anyone. It's less "lol ports" in my case and more that the game isn't very good. :(

With zero moonspeak skills, how playable is this game?

It's a rhythm game, so outside of fiddling with the menus for a bit, none!

Carl

Stop moving those goal posts!

I don't own Velocity yet. :(

You're dead to me.

You know, Carl keeps going on about Velocity... he's actually right. That is one amazing little game. It's actually the reason I renewed my Plus subscription, believe it or not.

Good man. Yeah it really is a great little gem of a game. Anyone who doesnt own it already should really give it a go!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom