• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiyomi

Hopefully Velocity comes with PS+ ;D

Not that interested in Rainbow Moon, if I wanted a good srpg I'd sooner buy Disgaea and not have to worry about any of the micropayments stuff, but people seem to like it so maybe I'm completely wrong on it

TREASURE PARK SOLVED.

Gladly. Two clicks dammit! Next time!

It's funny, I think I've guarded basically all my treasure from Carl and none from Grim or Turkish :/

I don't know how to design good sheets.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
So I went and got myself a vita.....

What a fucking wonderful bit a kit it is.
Grabbed Uncharted, FF tactics (I never got to play it) a memory card , case and some demos for now.

Congrats and Welcome to the our tiny Sisterhood.

and get Gravity Rush (Vita) and Alundra(PSone).

on the PSP front,get whatever you want just do not buy MH or P3P.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Two clicks dammit! Next time!

It's funny, I think I've guarded basically all my treasure from Carl and none from Grim or Turkish :/

I don't know how to design good sheets.

I've not come up with a good process to create sheets yet, but I've got solving down to a system, haha.

It's a rhythm game, so outside of fiddling with the menus for a bit, none!

I'm between importing this and spending a lot of money on LEGO at the moment, haha. I CANNOT DECIDE.

I'm pretty sure he just asked how to change the settings, if possible.

Someone already mentioned that a few posts before me so I figured it to be redundant.Did I do something wrong in sharing? Just wanted to share what I preferred on my Vita screen.

And you should look at my previous posts about Normal vs Stretched arguments. For the first few weeks of PS1 compatibility I was saying here how awesome playing my games stretched was. People came in telling me how foolish I was and that it ruined my games. They called it "blasphemous". I didn't care and kept saying as it was my preference. But lately I have started to prefer playing them on Normal more. I am not one of those holier than thou people saying it's blasphemous playing anything other than 4:3. I dealt with those people and they are not me.

And you can't really deny that stretching the games messes with their original look and feel. Once the "dat OLED" moment was gone I went back to Normal.

Sorry for getting worked up, I just find it insulting being attached to a "rabid community" of aspect ratio nazis.

OmegaZero

To North America, yeah. It was posted on the previous page, and there's a new thread too.

9261d1324452864t-anime-stream-puddi-tv-channel-miku1.gif

Vita has too much games now.

Congrats and Welcome to the our tiny Sisterhood.

and get Gravity Rush (Vita) and Alundra(PSone).

on the PSP front,get whatever you want just do not buy MH or P3P.

Speaking of, if you're in the US, you can take advantage of Wal-Mart's current $40 for 3 Vita games special and possibly get Gravity Rush, Uncharted, and a 3rd game of your choice for a mere ~$15 a game. :)

Someone already mentioned that a few posts before me so I figured it to be redundant.Did I do something wrong in sharing? Just wanted to share what I preferred on my Vita screen.

And you should look at my previous posts about Normal vs Stretched arguments. For the first few weeks of PS1 compatibility I was saying here how awesome playing my games stretched was. People came in telling me how foolish I was and that it ruined my games. They called it "blasphemous". I didn't care and kept saying as it was my preference. But lately I have started to prefer playing them on Normal more. I am not one of those holier than thou people saying it's blasphemous playing anything other than 4:3. I dealt with those people and they are not me.

And you can't really deny that stretching the games messes with their original look and feel. Once the "dat OLED" moment was gone I went back to Normal.

Sorry for getting worked up, I just find it insulting being attached to a "rabid community" of aspect ratio nazis.

Sorry if it came off agro -- but I'm a firm believer in "you're entitled to have your opinion on something, even if I think it sucks", or at least I try to be.
I missed the original "here's how you can chose" response and only saw your post and had flashbacks to the people who were ready to sacrifice anyone not playing with the "normal" view to the gods of aspect ratio correctness; helping is good. Sorry for associating you with the cult of the perfect pixels. :D

sajj316

So I will be jumping into all this LBP Vita madness tonight. Can't wait.

I was leaning towards digital since I see myself playing it until another LBP is released ..

B.O.O.M

So Rainbow Moon and EDF 2017 on vita...

feels good man

I swear the vita line up is absolutely crazy! So many games so little money and time

SF vs Tekken
NLKS
Ragnarok
Dokuro
AC: Liberations
All Stars

and a bunch of psn titles 0_0 ..and this is just for this year. How am I gonna buy and play any ps3 game this way? Lol and PS+ for vita starts soon too

9261d1324452864t-anime-stream-puddi-tv-channel-miku1.gif

Vita has too much games now.

so true, the amount of titles I'm interested for the rest of the year on vita is insane, I just bought LBP, and I still have unopened Dokuro import that I haven't got the time to play because I was playing Hatsune Miku import at the time. and I'm still waiting on psn game Retro City Rampage and Jet Set Radio.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk19/Threddd/conansrs.gif[/QUOTE]

here what I said earlier in this thread about P3P abomination.

"it's a complete shit port of an already bad game,the game got completely butchered,exploring maps/3D world of the original game gone and turned into point and click soulless adventure,cutscenes removed,even the new opening sucks,the female protagonist's persona sucks,you get less of Persona experience, less of RPG experience and less of everything, it's really the ultimate ripoff and the worst port of all time."

So here you go.

[quote="Callibretto, post: 42603132"]so true, the amount of titles I'm interested for the rest of the year on vita is insane, I just bought LBP, and I still have unopened Dokuro import that I haven't got the time to play because I was playing Hatsune Miku import at the time. and I'm still waiting on psn game [B]Retro City Rampage[/B] and Jet Set Radio.[/QUOTE]

we will never get to play it :(

here what I said earlier in this thread about P3P abomination.

"it's a complete shit port of an already bad game,the game got completely butchered,exploring maps/3D world of the original game gone and turned into point and click soulless adventure,cutscenes removed,even the new opening sucks,the female protagonist's persona sucks,you get less of Persona experience, less of RPG experience and less of everything, it's really the ultimate ripoff and the worst port of all time."

So here you go.

Hey now, it's Definetly not the best port but persona 3 itself is a great game.

Sorry if it came off agro -- but I'm a firm believer in "you're entitled to have your opinion on something, even if I think it sucks", or at least I try to be.
I missed the original "here's how you can chose" response and only saw your post and had flashbacks to the people who were ready to sacrifice anyone not playing with the "normal" view to the gods of aspect ratio correctness; helping is good. Sorry for associating you with the cult of the perfect pixels. :D

No worries man. Yeah, I think it was the original thread for PS1 compatibility on Vita. I got pretty stressed trying to show my love for the stretch at the time, when everyone was calling me crazy. It's kinda funny being on both sides of the argument now though. Ha.

But to be honest I still prefer playing RE2 and a few others on stretch. Being a JRPG fan makes stretch hard for most games because the text distortion is far more noticeable than distorition of figures etc.

Next year's announcements from Tecmo:

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 3: Razor's Edge Plus
Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z Sigma Plus*

*I actually don't want to see this on Vita. It appears it runs on UE3, and MK runs on UE3 ...

Always wondered if that was MKs fault or UE3s fault

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom