• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Famassu

They might not have a vita, they might just have an android phone. $1.50 is not a lot of money, sure, but relative to the price, it's a significant hike. SCB is 75% more expensive than on iOS for the same exact game. It's definitely a valid complaint, you might not care, but others might.

Like I said though, this might be the publisher hiking the price due to the much smaller install base as compared to the iOS one.
Androird phones which are even more expensive than a Vita. :3

Also, as I said, when we are talking about 1-5$, relativity means jack shit. It'd be different if someone was trying to sell a 1$ game for 15$ on Vita or something, but it's JUST a 1,50$ difference. I'm a poor student and I have no problem with that.

Takao

Banned
What a phail. Strangely, this could have been Vitas killer app had it been an actual port.

Hopefully, the next Cowwadutty gets a proper showing next year since there is more development time.

Call of Duty is a damned if you do, and damned if you don't game. If people buy it they'll tell Activision to keep giving Nihilistic work. If people don't buy it that'll tell western third parties that people don't buy Vita games.

It's such a pity that there is no news at all about Sine Mora on Vita (and ps3).

Hit them up on Facebook and they said the game was ready for the Vita and they were just waiting on a date from Sony. This was also before the PS3 version was announced. maybe they are waiting to release both at the same damn time. Fucking ps3 cock blocking my Vita games.

I agree that it's probably a Q&A/release date issue. A lot of times games are finished, the guys signing off on the final stuff are the ones holding it up from being put on the store. It's definitely coming, there's a lot of stuff coming this month and next month though so.. be a little more patient? I want it really bad too ;(

I had blocked some cash for New Little King's Story this week but diverted it over to a Disgaea 3 purchase instead once the review curve for the game turned south.

Probably should have waited until Monday to allocate the purchase toward the October $100 tally. Whoops!

I am absolutely loving New Little King's Story. Slowdown only happens in town, everything else is great. I haven't even touched the item creation yet, so overwhelmed on stuff to do in game. The game is great, the slow down is the only disappointing thing.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Yeah, there's a lot of tutorials in D3... more than in 2(and maybe 4), from what I remember.

Lots of new stuff was added to 3, like the Geoblocks and how they're stacked and shit.

Though I don't remember there being any more than in 1 and 2, it's been a while since I've played either of those though.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
yeah but it's too short a preview and doesn't show the game

I played it on iOS and enjoyed it. It was a bit easy for a music game, but fun. If you enjoy the genre, you won't be disappointed, but you might be looking for more challenge when it's all said and done.

Also, I remember when the iOS version first came out, there were some odd issues regarding replaying stages and scores saving. Assuming they've fixed all that, it's worth it. Again, though - if you dig the genre and have any experience in it, you'll likely complete everything with flying colors with relative ease.

Wonko_C

If you can't find anything, paypal me the $100 bucks + states sales tax + paypal processing fees and I'll get it and email you the codes.

Thing is, I didn't have to pay extra taxes and fees when I bought them online Best Buy, just 50 dollars. I'll wait until the end of the month to see if they restock.

EDIT: That probably sounded rude. I'll get back to you if I have no luck, thanks.

darkwing

I played it on iOS and enjoyed it. It was a bit easy for a music game, but fun. If you enjoy the genre, you won't be disappointed, but you might be looking for more challenge when it's all said and done.

Also, I remember when the iOS version first came out, there were some odd issues regarding replaying stages and scores saving. Assuming they've fixed all that, it's worth it. Again, though - if you dig the genre and have any experience in it, you'll likely complete everything with flying colors with relative ease.

thanks for the impressions, I like the genre and Chopin, can't wait for the dl to finish, makes me wish I had at 32GB card, mine is only 16GB and its filling up fast!

Androird phones which are even more expensive than a Vita. :3

Also, as I said, when we are talking about 1-5$, relativity means jack shit. It'd be different if someone was trying to sell a 1$ game for 15$ on Vita or something, but it's JUST a 1,50$ difference. I'm a poor student and I have no problem with that.

Not on a contract, they aren't. Most people get their phones on a contract.

And you're completely missing the point. The same game is found a lot cheaper somewhere else, it doesn't matter that the absolute value is small, the relative value does make a difference. However you have your opinion made up and I have mine, I think that developers need to adjust their price on psm as right now they are seen as expensive since you can get the same game elsewere for almost half the price.

Thing is, I didn't have to pay extra taxes and fees when I bought them online Best Buy, just 50 dollars. I'll wait until the end of the month to see if they restock.

EDIT: That probably sounded rude. I'll get back to you if I have no luck, thanks.

No biggie, was just offering you an alternative if you really want it and can't find an alternative anywhere else.

UberTag

This is why I'm waiting to buy a 32 gig card...I want bigger and KNOW I'll fill whatever size I get.
I've resorted to streaming content to and from my PC and limiting myself to one screen of VITA games, one screen of PS1 games, one screen of PSP games, only a handful of videos, etc. It sucks that level of micromanagement is necessary but without a larger memory card it's the best one can do.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Guys help me clear this please.

Not only TOMBA! On the EU store it's not the localized one (TOMBI!) it's also not VITA compatible?
I just checked on vita it's not there while the other stuff of today updated (although no PS mobile? edit, only 9 countries so far :s)

FUCK :/ Ugh I wanted this so bad

Well the god eater addiction grabbed me and I went ahead and completed the burst (difficulties 7-10) part of the game as well.

Love this game. Cost £6.99 and took 49 hours. So glad I went back to it as before I think I just had to many other games on the go to really get my teeth into it.

Might give monster hunter another go at some point but I really did find it so much slower and clunkier than god eater. God eater feels more like a balance of phantasy star and mon Hun and it worked really well. Hope they send god eater 2 to the uk. A must buy for me if they do.

PSY・S;42815430 said:
I'm playing it and it looks and runs great.

Same here. FF VI on the Vita OLED is probably the nicest looking version of the game. It still has loading for opening the menu screen, but with "fast loading" it runs better than on PS3 from what I can tell.

After playing the first 8 or 9 chapters in Uncharted GA I think this is tied with Uncharted 2 as my favorite in the series. Am I crazy? The impression I got from the comments here is that this was a below average game but I'm enjoying this a ton (so far).
hehehe... it gets better! :)

Personally, I loved the game as much as an other UC... The treasure hunting stuff really, really hooked me...

branny

Might give monster hunter another go at some point but I really did find it so much slower and clunkier than god eater. God eater feels more like a balance of phantasy star and mon Hun and it worked really well. Hope they send god eater 2 to the uk. A must buy for me if they do.
MH definitely has a learning curve. I hope you can get into it because there's totally a reason why some people love it way more than a lot of other hunting games.

*covers totobeni's mouth*

MH definitely has a learning curve. I hope you can get into it because there's totally a reason why some people love it way more than a lot of other hunting games.

*covers totobeni's mouth*

Haha. I can totally see why people love it. It's just toooo much time involving for me really.

With god eater you still have to kill monster repeatedly for better gear but it take so much less time. In mh things like grinding just for potions and stuff was neat the first couple of times and then it just got on my nerves.

However I imagine in my younger days when had more time I would have loved it.

LuchaShaq

Banned
It's not about being able to "afford" a game that isn't even $5 bucks. It's whether or not the consumer wants to spend what he or she perceived is an inflated price, compared to it's iOS and Android offering.

This a thousand times. I could pay 1000$ for super crate box and 600$ for the bag of flour I'm getting at the store tonight and not worry about having enough money for rent/groceries.

Doesn't make the prices any less dumb or me any more willing to pay it.

VanWinkle

Does VitaGAF still get party chats together on Vita? I stopped doing it after a couple of nights whenever we started doing that, but I didn't know if you guys were still doing it or not.

Apparently the Samurai Showdown price of .99 cents its just the introductory price so it'll probably shoot up to 1.99 after the intro price. Seems like they plan to keep supporting it from the psnstores.com Q&A.

For .99 cents I could've done A LOT worse with (like some candy >.<) but I may be biased because I love rhythm action games.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
Bad news NA Vitabros. Looks like both Gamestop and Amazon have pushed Ragnarok Odyssey back to the 10/30.

OmegaZero

So, finished the Silent Hill BoM demo, and I'm not sure what to think.
On one hand, it's perfectly playable. The combat system isn't as bad as I expected, but still pretty shallow. The graphics are okay, neither here nor there. The framerate is steady for the most part. The music is, well, there.
On the other hand, nothing excited me at all. I can't even remember if I had fun playing it.

I guess this is a "wait and see" title for me.

Bad news NA Vitabros. Looks like both Gamestop and Amazon have pushed Ragnarok Odyssey back to the 10/30.

That'd better not be the actual release date. Three titles I want releasing on the same day?
Nope.jpg

Not on a contract, they aren't. Most people get their phones on a contract.

Well with a contract you're paying boatloads of money, so even if the phone is free with a contract, you're really paying tons of money in premiums, everyone knows that. With the Vita you're paying a single fee up front (wifi only) and you're getting a lot of cool features similar to smart phones and game experiences you can't get on other handhelds, you know?

That'd better not be the actual release date. Three titles I want releasing on the same day?
Nope.jpg

I hate when this happens as well. So many games I want share release dates x_x

After seeing some of the other fighting games on Vita, I would love if they made a Dead or Alive game for it. Dimensions was amazing and looked great with the 3D off so the Vita could handle it no problem.

I can honestly say I've been playing my Vita more than any other handheld. I'm finally getting around to playing through Uncharted after I finished Gravity Rush, and I still am so amazed at how great the games look on this. Plus it is import friendly, so I was able to pick up the Miku game and it is great too.

After seeing some of the other fighting games on Vita, I would love if they made a Dead or Alive game for it. Dimensions was amazing and looked great with the 3D off so the Vita could handle it no problem.

I can honestly say I've been playing my Vita more than any other handheld. I'm finally getting around to playing through Uncharted after I finished Gravity Rush, and I still am so amazed at how great the games look on this. Plus it is import friendly, so I was able to pick up the Miku game and it is great too.

I keep hoping for TTT2 on vita, I think that could be amazing.

Side note: cliffy b has blatantly left epic to work for Sony and save the vita.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom