• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw Duckroll's thread about the ZHP successor and it made me realize I don't have ZHP. I can't remember if ZHP is on the vita store or has to be transferred from the PS3 and I am at work so I can't check. I need to fix this not owning ZHP situation I think.

http://www.gamestop.com/psp/games/zhp/98342

$20 on gamestop.com for download version. that's where i got one back in the days.

they'll email you a psn code via email.

I just did something stupid. I took the memory card out while the Vita was in sleep mode and now all my data won't show up on the menu when I turn the Vita on.

The data is all on the memory card still though, I can see it through the content manager.

Is there some trick I can do to re-bring them all up without having to delete and redownload them?

And does anybody know, if I delete something from the content manager, do the save files get deleted along?

oldmario

I just did something stupid. I took the memory card out while the Vita was in sleep mode and now all my data won't show up on the menu when I turn the Vita on.

The data is all on the memory card still though, I can see it through the content manager.

Is there some trick I can do to re-bring them all up without having to delete and redownload them?

And does anybody know, if I delete something from the content manager, do the save files get deleted along?

Try turn the vita fully off and back on?

hold down the power button until you can get the system mode and try to rebuild?

OK I'm starting to panic: Amazon, Best Buy, PC Game Supply, etc. are out of US PSN codes. Gamestop doesn't let me buy without a valid US address. What's happening? Did the stores stop selling them? I was going to buy a bunch of PSN/Vita stuff for the $100 promotion. :(

If you can't find anything, paypal me the $100 bucks + states sales tax + paypal processing fees and I'll get it and email you the codes.

Famassu

The main complaint is that Super Crate Box is $1.99 on iOS. If the price on iOS was $3.49 those complaints wouldn't be valid, as is though I have to agree with LucasShaq, prices are a bit on the high side.
Nothing sub-5$ is "on the high side". A person who can't afford to pay a dollar or two more for something very likely doesn't even have a Vita (or if he/she does, how on Earth has he/she bought anything for Vita so far, given that retail games are 10x the price). I simply don't see the point in complaining about prices of this level, and his whole "BUT THEN PC GAMES SHOULD BE 100,000$ BECAUSE THEY ARE SO MUCH BETTER" analog is a shitty one. You can't compare a price difference of 1,50$ to a price difference of 30-40$, even if both would technically be 2x the price of some other version.

Lol. Never mind, all the data is there, frigging thing moved them to other new surfaces further under my previous last one :p

false alarm

VT4 has tons of content. I've played through world tour mode three times and I still have lots of clothing to unlock. As for challenges, there's two secret characters that are tough to beat, and there's mini-games where you can set high scores.

I've only played through world tour mode once - main reason i haven't done it a second time is i can't recall which paths i originally took, thus making it hard to identify on second pass, which events will get me the remaining stadiums unlocked... With only one chance and no 'go back' option on the map... is there any way around it?

Also, have you managed to unlock the old tv broadcast style presentation that they have a picture of on the back of the case? Is it tied to one of the secret characters i wonder?

Huzzah for Play Asia, picked up Mortal Kombat and a hori 24 card case for $30 AU today, free shipping! I'm still trying to figure out how i filled up my Sony card case (holds 8) within 6 months of having the system!

Im actually surprised the prices are as low as they are on playstation mobile. I figured everything would be in the $5-10 range. I understand that shit is cheap on iOS (i have a phone and an ipad) but that ecosystem is enormous. You can make money selling a game for 99 cents when you can sell millions of it. The playstation certified tablet/phone/vita market isn't shit compared to that.

I think the PSM stuff will sort it's self out eventually. Devs will start to price lower if they start to see sales suffer from high prices. I think in the future we will see prices more in the $1-$3 range. That dev that put a game on there for $8 is clueless.

I think the PSM stuff will sort it's self out eventually. Devs will start to price lower if they start to see sales suffer from high prices. I think in the future we will see prices more in the $1-$3 range. That dev that put a game on there for $8 is clueless.

unless it sells which will be the new barometer for other devs to price their games around that. which i hope cheaper games do sell over time and give these dev enough cash to stick around with PSM.

KalBalboa

Banned
PSM makes me more likely to leave money in my PSN wallet. I don't think I'd ever impulse-buy something that required I put in $5 credit when the actual cost is $.50-$3, but having some cash in my PSN wallet would make it all easier.

AwRy108

PSM makes me more likely to leave money in my PSN wallet. I don't think I'd ever impulse-buy something that required I put in $5 credit when the actual cost is $.50-$3, but having some cash in my PSN wallet would make it all easier.

Agreed. I'm so happy with this first round of offerings that I actually considered reactivating my 3G plan on the Vita.

Nothing sub-5$ is "on the high side". A person who can't afford to pay a dollar or two more for something very likely doesn't even have a Vita (or if he/she does, how on Earth has he/she bought anything for Vita so far, given that retail games are 10x the price). I simply don't see the point in complaining about prices of this level, and his whole "BUT THEN PC GAMES SHOULD BE 100,000$ BECAUSE THEY ARE SO MUCH BETTER" analog is a shitty one. You can't compare a price difference of 1,50$ to a price difference of 30-40$, even if both would technically be 2x the price of some other version.

They might not have a vita, they might just have an android phone. $1.50 is not a lot of money, sure, but relative to the price, it's a significant hike. SCB is 75% more expensive than on iOS for the same exact game. It's definitely a valid complaint, you might not care, but others might.

Like I said though, this might be the publisher hiking the price due to the much smaller install base as compared to the iOS one.

So I figured today that I will bet £10 towards a cause of your guys choice that blops on vita will not get a average score of over 8

Zen

Banned

Though this never really happened with Minis that were also IOS/Android projects. I think it's more likely that developers will look at PSM as a niche market with limited sales potential, and will see no problem with marking their software higher, since their ceilling isn't all that great to begin with.

whitehawk

Banned
Super Crate Box is $3.49 because of lack of competition. On iOS there are thousands of games to compete with, and a $3.49 price tag won't look good. But on PSM there are like 15 games, so people will buy it anyway... Like me.

2 quick questions Vitamuffins:

Is PSN down? My vita won't sign in/access it right now (hangs with at: please wait)...

Are the LBP preorder outfits available to us yet?

Thank you in advance ^_^

Edit: was my wireless setting. Sorry. PSN is not down.

lBP ? Still remains :p

alexein

I was looking at the ps plus update and i thought what the ps plus for vita will give, there not lots of things for the vita herself, so they can give psone and psp games bt there was lots of backlash when they gave Saints row 2 which doesnt have trophies so i dont think they will give lots of games without trophies .
So i'm really looking forward to see the first annoncement of ps plus for vita but since its free if you already have ps3 sub, i shouldnt get too optimistic right?
whaat do you think ?

Wow. People werent kidding about LBPvita being the definitive version. The UI and portable nature of the game is just perfect for this hardware. Its what I imagined, and more.

Anyone see that ps3 footage of most wanted?

Judging by what we've heard the vita version is a slightly worse looking version of that, if so then GOD DAMN. I am so fucking hyped.

Edit : blops preview on IGN
http://m.uk.ign.com/articles/2012/10/03/call-of-duty-black-ops-declassified-be-skeptical

2nd edit : key quote here

No sale for me then.

What a phail. Strangely, this could have been Vitas killer app had it been an actual port.

Hopefully, the next Cowwadutty gets a proper showing next year since there is more development time.

wouwie

It's such a pity that there is no news at all about Sine Mora on Vita (and ps3). Apparently the game is ready so i'm wondering what's going on? Is it Sony's way of telling Digital Reality to #&é@ off for having the game published on XLBA first? In that case, that wouldn't be smart since the Vita needs all the games it can get.

I'd definately be interested in buying this for Vita. I love shoot-em ups and it seems ideal for handheld. Is anything at all known about what's going on? Anyone with the power and means to get in touch with Sony/Grasshopper and ask?

spannicus

It's such a pity that there is no news at all about Sine Mora on Vita (and ps3). Apparently the game is ready so i'm wondering what's going on? Is it Sony's way of telling Digital Reality to #&é@ off for having the game published on XLBA first? In that case, that wouldn't be smart since the Vita needs all the games it can get.

I'd definately be interested in buying this for Vita. I love shoot-em ups and it seems ideal for handheld. Is anything at all known about what's going on? Anyone with the power and means to get in touch with Sony/Grasshopper and ask?

Hit them up on Facebook and they said the game was ready for the Vita and they were just waiting on a date from Sony. This was also before the PS3 version was announced. maybe they are waiting to release both at the same damn time. Fucking ps3 cock blocking my Vita games.

daoster

But the PSM is not a solely Vita thing...it's also on the recent HTC Android phones, which means it'll be competing with the many games that are already on Android and Amazon App store.

It's not about being able to "afford" a game that isn't even $5 bucks. It's whether or not the consumer wants to spend what he or she perceived is an inflated price, compared to it's iOS and Android offering.

Like it or not, the Vita is now competing against these ecosystems with the the PSM games, and these games will be directly compared to iOS and Android games of similar quality in terms of price.

UberTag

My disgaea arrived!
Tutorials.
Tutorials everywhere.
I had blocked some cash for New Little King's Story this week but diverted it over to a Disgaea 3 purchase instead once the review curve for the game turned south.

Probably should have waited until Monday to allocate the purchase toward the October $100 tally. Whoops!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom