• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS1 Appreciation/Collectors Thread of Ugly-Ass Polygons

It depends.

For the most part, the GH versions are more common than their black label counterparts. Of course, that doesn't mean that the black label versions are particularly hard to find because a game had to sell 150-250k copies to reach GH status to begin with.

There are a few notable exceptions. For example, the GH version of Digimon World 3 is actually less common than the original run. On the other hand, Square has never stopped printing some PS1 games like Chrono Cross, FF Origins + Chronicles, and FFIX, meaning that the GH copies probably outnumber the originals by a lot.

ok i was just wondering as i have the crash bandicoot games (the first 4) signed by one of the developers practically new (opened to sign the disc) and only just realised that they were greatest hits copies

11701208_1014126168612023_8046383890312166270_n.jpg

thats my rarest ps1 collection

This thread will be the death of me, just spent the last week reading through 89 pages and preparing to order a metric S-ton of PS1 games. 1st order of business is rebuying all the Crash games and my RPG collection. Sold 50 some odd PS1 games after losing my job on New Years a few years back and will always regret losing both the Castlevania games and FF tactics.

Teknoman

This thread will be the death of me, just spent the last week reading through 89 pages and preparing to order a metric S-ton of PS1 games. 1st order of business is rebuying all the Crash games and my RPG collection. Sold 50 some odd PS1 games after losing my job on New Years a few years back and will always regret losing both the Castlevania games and FF tactics.

Godspeed.

I've been trying to catch up on 2D/3D (preferably 3D) platform/adventure games on the PSone. I just bought Bugs Bunny: Lost in Time and Sheep Raider and I'm currently playing both for the first time and LOVING them. I own/have played most of the essentials, I believe. I'm sort of looking for potential hidden gems I may have missed over the years. I'm actually now particularly interested in licensed titles that are surprisingly decent (like these Looney Tunes games).

Here's what I own/have played:

Crash 1, 2 and 3 (all 100% completed)
Spyro 1, 2 and 3 (all 100% completed)
Klonoa (100% completed, my all-time favorite platformer)
Ape Escape (100% completed, aside from unlocking those stupid Monkeys in Boxing...)
Pac-Man World (100% completed)
Tomba 1 and 2 (100% completed)
Rayman (100% completed)
Medievil 1 and 2 (completed 100%)
Croc 1 and 2 (100% completed the original, not the sequel yet)
Glover (have yet to complete)
Phix the Adventure (100% completed)
Punky Skunk (100% completed)
Jersey Devil (have yet to complete)
Gex 1, 2 and 3 (played these back in the day, but need to replay them at 100%)
Floating Runner (have yet to complete)
Skullmonkeys (have yet to complete)
Jumping Flash 1 and 2 (100% completed the original, not the sequel yet)
Pinobee (have yet to complete, don't really like it though)
Monkey Magic (have yet to complete, don't really like it though)

Looking to buy:
Pandemonium 1 and 2
40 Winks
Kingsley's Adventure
The Adventures of Lomax
Rayman 2 (have played all versions of this game, but I like it so much I'll grab all versions)
Blasto (I guess...collection filler)
Rascal (I guess...collection filler)

Any suggestions?

Just thought of another I loved when it came out - Toy Story 2. No idea how well it's held up, but I remember it had huge levels (and lots of them) with loads of stuff to collect. Not the best 3D platformer on the PS1 but definitely an underrated one.

Just thought of another I loved when it came out - Toy Story 2. No idea how well it's held up, but I remember it had huge levels (and lots of them) with loads of stuff to collect. Not the best 3D platformer on the PS1 but definitely an underrated one.

Toy story 2 was awesome

HEY BUZZ!

Heres my list of games i still need to acquire, be it physical or digital

Ghost in the shell
Muppet race mania
Medievil 2
Croc 2
Simpsons wrestling
Tekken 3
International super star soccer pro

Games i own but never finished (will eventually)
Medievil 1
Croc 1
Tomba 1 & 2
FF7

Sinople

Finally bought Suzuki Bakuhatsu and it's as crazy as I was expecting. I miss the 90's and old Enix :(

I think I'm now more or less done with my collection apart from some expensive games I'm not that interested in (20 000 yens for Yuuyamidoori Tankentai? Really?) .

Has anyone replaced their laser in the original model of PS1 (not PSOne)? I decided to look into it after getting annoyed with flipping it over on its top. Any recommendations on where to get a replacement?

oldmario

Has anyone replaced their laser in the original model of PS1 (not PSOne)? I decided to look into it after getting annoyed with flipping it over on its top. Any recommendations on where to get a replacement?

probably best bet is to buy the same model and swap the parts or just use that one instead

Finally bought Suzuki Bakuhatsu and it's as crazy as I was expecting. I miss the 90's and old Enix :(

I think I'm now more or less done with my collection apart from some expensive games I'm not that interested in (20 000 yens for Yuuyamidoori Tankentai? Really?) .

Wow, that's really crazy :D

I would like to know some other "weird" games for PS1, I already know LSD (which is very expensive...) and UFO something; anything else ?

This game any good? or are you collecting long boxes?

It's actually a pretty fun little golf game and really similar to the other sports games that Tecmo was putting out early on the PSX like Tecmo Super Bowl.

it's also the second rarest longbox out there

Anyone got an estimate on what Sunsoft Memorial Vol 6 (the one with gimmick) should go for? I can't seem to enough copies of the game to know what is reasonable.

I found my GCon45 and hooked up Elemental Gearbolt today. It's a really cool game. Not surprised the Shikigami no Shiro folks made this.

Does anyone know a good place to find an accurate and complete list of Playstation games in release order? If possible to have release order for each region. Wikipedia has this but it's pretty unreliable.

oldmario

Does anyone know a good place to find an accurate and complete list of Playstation games in release order? If possible to have release order for each region. Wikipedia has this but it's pretty unreliable.

there's PSX datacenter but the closest you're getting to a release order is sorting the game ID in number order unless you can code something to automate opening each page and copying the dates from that

SOTN is actually cheaper than it used to be. And I really don't see it shooting up much in price. I think it's definitely one item where rationality has prevailed.

SOTN is actually cheaper than it used to be. And I really don't see it shooting up much in price. I think it's definitely one item where rationality has prevailed.

Yeah, there are actually a number of PSX games that have dropped recently. I'm not entirely sure why. Brave Fencer Musashi, Alundra, SotN to name a few.

Bought this at the local retro games store down the road from my house for $20, started playing it and enjoying it so far.
CKFUUE7UsAAAqNx.jpg

I've also finished Parasite Eve, I bought it off the PSN out of curiosity. To be honest, I think it's one of the best games I've ever played. Story is great, awesome soundtrack (especially the Opening), good cast of characters (Aya my favorite), and pretty good gameplay that has aged pretty well for it's time.

Leynos

I keep eyeing Parasite Eve, and its sequel on PSN, but I never pull the trigger as I keep waiting for them to go on sale. Sony has trained me to wait.

I played the first one years ago, and remember liking it a great deal, especially since the combat system has similarities to my favorite game, Vagrant Story. I can't recall if I ever tried Parasite Eve 2.

marcincz

Currently I am playing in Colony Wars for the first time. I don't know maybe I am very poor gamer or this game is so fuc...incredible, impossible hard. As a matter of fact I finished game in 2h, but it was bad ending with all main missions loses by me.
I beat this year - according to fans of Souls games - hard game - Bloodborne, but in comparision with Colony Wars, BB is like a piece of cake.
I am totaly stuck. Spend over 3,5h playing in 2 act (Gallonigher) and trying to beat Navy fregate. I can't. Once I was very close to beat it, but...it was only one time.
Any advice? Maybe I can't beat this game. Maybe my skills aren't enough. I know there are cheates and codes, but that's not for me. Rather I abandon this game than use it. Unfortunately there isn't easy mode in this game.

Top Bottom