• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS2 games on PS4 : The list

Drippy

I wonder if emulation on PS4 Pro will be any better than on standard console. I'm playing Vice City right now and framerate is far from being smooth.

Ape Escape3 has been spotted long time ago with AE2, where is it now?

How long we have to wait for it?

Also where is Wild Arms Alter Code F and 5?

Do we have to wait for a yearly release now for PS2 games?

This service is slow as hell :\

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Is there any chance for the PS2 Dragon Quest game?

BigEmil

I wonder if emulation on PS4 Pro will be any better than on standard console. I'm playing Vice City right now and framerate is far from being smooth.
You got the EU version? Nearly all EU PS2 on PS4 games are 50Hz. Leads to stuttering and other mess it's total crap. I buy these through my secondary american canada account for 60Hz goodness
Ape Escape3 has been spotted long time ago with AE2, where is it now?

How long we have to wait for it?

Also where is Wild Arms Alter Code F and 5?

Do we have to wait for a yearly release now for PS2 games?

This service is slow as hell :\
Right? The people in charge of the PS2 service thing needs some nagging :p

Eggbok

I'm honestly surprised the ps2 games on the ps3 store weren't the first batch of games that were pushed over to ps4.

I really want to play revenge of the sith with trophies lol.

Simo

And even then, we're still missing Liberty City Stories and Vice City Stories :(

Not those two titles but 2 weeks ago Sony put up Red Dead Revolver on the Australian store but then quickly pulled it. The trophy list was found a day after but nothing has been seen or heard about the release since, it's weird.

Tsunamo

I'm honestly surprised the ps2 games on the ps3 store weren't the first batch of games that were pushed over to ps4.

Kinda suprised they didn't do ROTS after the initial batch of Star Wars games, or opt to have it in the collection. I don't think there's too many other notable ones that the PS2 got other than the Battlefront and Lego games.

Wiggy

if anything they will probbly just slap in the PS2 version , in the case of indigo phrophy they ported the PS2 version instead of the DC PC version.

Yeah probably. It would be shame and a waste though, most of those remasters were really well done.

dogen

Maybe because the hardware is different enough between the ps3 and ps4 that it's possible they can't handle emulating all the same games. Or maybe the emulator itself is different enough that compatibility isn't the same.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
Is there any chance for the PS2 Dragon Quest game?

Not really no. Dragon Quest games have never been released on Virtual Console or on PSN as a PS1 or PS2 Classic.

Usually there are remakes and ports.

In Japan, I, II, and III even got released on disc instead for Wii.

2551528-untitled.png

Kinan

It's not in the OP (unless I'm blind) which is why I was wondering.

Well, it doesnt say in the text description "the title has been converted from PS2...", but whatever, I'll add it anyway.
It also more expensive than normal, so I guess its a remaster instead of just running PS2 version under emulation

*Sees bump in thread*

*Ctrl-f "Timesplitters"*

*Ctrl-f "Onimusha"*

*Leaves thread, weeping*

I don't think I can overstate how badly I want Timesplitters. I don't care if it's a sequel, a port, a remaster, or what. I honestly do not understand why the fucking hell there hasn't even been just a simple cash-in collection made.

At this point, I'm down to just be able to play through the socom 2 campaign. I get they won't be able to give us online. But I'd love another go through the campaign for 9.99.

knight123

Banned
I don't think I can overstate how badly I want Timesplitters. I don't care if it's a sequel, a port, a remaster, or what. I honestly do not understand why the fucking hell there hasn't even been just a simple cash-in collection made.

It'd definitely sell a ton better than most of the available ports. Can only imagine rights issues are stalling it. I'm excited for Timesplitters Rewind but it seems like it's still in the very early stages.

ASIS

I've been craving some ape escape goodness but I never played anything beyond the original. Is AE2 any good?

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Well, it doesnt say in the text description "the title has been converted from PS2...", but whatever, I'll add it anyway.
It also more expensive than normal, so I guess its a remaster instead of just running PS2 version under emulation

It's a PS2 classic done with widescreen support (don't know if the PS2 version was only 4:3). Also PlayStation 2 pops out when I launch the game.

Theswweet

Whoa, I had no idea that Metal Slug Anthology was one of these! Man, I'm super tempted to buy it to play it with my arcade stick, now...

Unknown?

Red Dead Revolver is up on the US store! Is this new? It's not on the first page and I remember it being put up in Australia then taken down.

How is this game by the way? Is it as good as Redemption?

Kinan

Red Dead Revolver is up on the US store! Is this new? It's not on the first page and I remember it being put up in Australia then taken down.

Well, released today, so its as new as it gets! Added to OP.

gwailo

Banned

Totally different type of game, it's more of a Max Payne style shooter. Pretty decent from what I remember.

Zeusy

Rockstar just tweeted about this like an hour ago, so it's new

Top Bottom