• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS2 games on PS4 : The list

so i was reading some of the games in PAL land now have the 60HZ option fixed ? can anyone confirm this and for what titles?

Hoping we get some more JRPGs in the coming months. PS2 doesn't quite have the amazing selection that the PS1 had, but there are still tons that I'd like to play.

Shadow Hearts and Xenosaga are the big ones that I missed.

kevin1025

Banned
Hoping we get some more JRPGs in the coming months. PS2 doesn't quite have the amazing selection that the PS1 had, but there are still tons that I'd like to play.

I'm with you there. I hope there's more movement on other publishers jumping into the fray, especially some of the Square Enix games. I missed out on the majority of the PS2 JRPG line-up.

For Shadow Hearts, does anyone know if Warner Bros. have the rights for that one now since they bought a lot of the Midway stuff? Or does Aruze/Universal Entertainment Corp.?

I'd rather have an HD Xenosaga...but I'll take whatever I can.

Yeah, we're missing tons of great PS2 jrpgs. Those are the games I want mostly, even the ones I don't care about. Put em on PS4.

Rymuth

Kinetica_cover.jpg

Seems like this could be the next game from Sony's first party to be remastered.

Now that Max Payne has released on the store, does anyone have any impressions on how well it runs? The PS2 original is known for its awful performance, but I think it ran at an unlocked framerate.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Now that Max Payne has released on the store, does anyone have any impressions on how well it runs? The PS2 original is known for its awful performance, but I think it ran at an unlocked framerate.
I'm tempted to buy it just to have Max Payne on yet another platform. I have it on iphone even and never played it for more than 2 minutes on it -_-

Any luck for either Spider-Man 2 or Ultimate Spider-Man making the cut? Jet Li's Rise to Honor is another obscure shout-out! At least SCE developed that one in-house.

GunBR

Spiderman 2 is based on the movie, so I think it have 0% chaces because of licensing

But it would be day zero for me

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I'm surprised PS2 on PS4 still isn't available in Japan...

Revven

I still really want Dragon Ball Z Infinite World and Budokai Tenkaichi 3... if I could just have one of those then that would be really, really swell.

shmoglish

So far I didn't notice anything that makes the game unplayable. One single fps dip in the first chapter, rest was ok. It's only 4:3.

The sale in the US Psn was nice. Bought Mark of Kri, Bully, Payne and manhunt for 6$ per game.

That Yakuza 1 and 2 aren't available is an absolute mystery. You could argue that they're not around because of the HD Collection, which was also inexplicably not released in the West.

Okay if spiderman 2 is off the table I would absolutely love rocksteadys first game before batman, urban chaos riot response. Never got to beat it but loved the gameplay and physics!

KalBalboa

Banned
Played through the first act of Max Payne. Some basic impressions:

• Used custom button mapping so shooting could be done via R2. Surprised the PS2 original didn't offer a control scheme for this but hey, what can you do.
  • Runs nice, looks a bit better than I remembered on PS2. Not exactly 60fps but it's feels smoother than the original did on PS2.
  • The load times are 1-3 seconds. Never a bother for me.

Overall, $5.99 well spent.

KyleCross

Please, just give me Dragon Quest VIII Square. You don't seem to be planning an HD re-release, at least give it to me via PS2 on PS4.

KyleCross

An updated version is about to be released on 3DS, so I doubt they'd put it out on PS4 before then.
I wouldn't call the 3DS version an update, it has new content but a severe graphical downgrade. But I suppose you're right, they want the 3DS version to sell so probably won't re-release it elsewhere. I can dream tho.

Top Bottom