• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS2 games on PS4 : The list

Tsunamo

The list is much appreciated. I enjoy knowing what's released/releasing and information is scarce what releases are avaliable/coming (still rediculous how hard they are to find on the PAL store)

I really really hope Ape Escape 2 is next, it was one of the first rated PS2 classics and yet we've had most of the originally rated ones, along with new games release on the store, and Ape Escape 2 is nowhere to be seen, it's really odd. The only thing I can think of is they have something bigger in mind/a Ape Escape announcement they're saving 2 and 3's releases for, maybe at E3?

I'd love another Ape Escape game, we haven't had a Ape Escape since Move and that wasn't even a mainline game.
I'm surprised PS2 on PS4 still isn't available in Japan...
Really? It's not? That's suprising. If nothing else at least we'll probably get some more diverse software on the Japanese store when it does finally come there if Japanese publishers get on board.
Please, just give me Dragon Quest VIII Square. You don't seem to be planning an HD re-release, at least give it to me via PS2 on PS4.
Yeah, I hope for the same. As much as i'm interested in the 3DS release i'd rather play the original in HD with trophies if I had the option.

mdzapeer

Cross posting

Anyway, I bought the PS4 version of Wild ARMS 3, I will compare with both and see which one is better lol. Can you share the saves between PCSX and PS4??

Kinan

Big update today, at least on US store. Primal, Psychonauts and The King of Fighters 2000 are added to the list! The latter two are not yet on EU store, it seems...

On the subject of Ape Escape 2 and 3, it is rather suspect that they've not appeared on the store yet, despite 2 being among the VERY FIRST PS2 games to be listed by that certification board for the PS4.

Makes you wonder huh.

Camjo-Z

On the subject of Ape Escape 2 and 3, it is rather suspect that they've not appeared on the store yet, despite 2 being among the VERY FIRST PS2 games to be listed by that certification board for the PS4.

Makes you wonder huh.

probably just sony monkeying around again. personally, i'm not chimpressed.

Kinan

US link to Siren is added, 7.49$ for PS Plus owners. We are lacking new rumours about the upcoming releases, only Ape Escape games remain out of initially rumoured games list.

Toki767

I'm actually surprised that Sony's E3 booth wouldn't have some upcoming PS2 games on PS4 since PSX had a bunch of them.

Bishop89

ape escape...

why sony, why!

Dont make me wait for tgs!

unless the wait involves ape escape 4 ps4 release at TGS alongside the ps2 classics!

Moofers

Can you stream to twitch while playing these ps2 games, or does it boot into some emulator that doesn't work with ps4 features anymore?

goonie

Any love for Kinetica in here? It's one of my favorite racers next to the SSX games. If anyone has a little interest in it, pick it up! I can only imagine how amazing a sequel to it could be.
How is Kinetica? I've never played but I love arcade racers

Footage of the PS4 port looked crazy smooth
The port is so good. I thought it may not have aged well, but it's been a blast playing it again.

Dragun619

Can you stream to twitch while playing these ps2 games, or does it boot into some emulator that doesn't work with ps4 features anymore?

Pretty sure you can, I recall seeing some GTA San Andreas streams on PS4.

But basically these PS2 games boot up like any other PS4 game so yea, you should have access to everything.

gwailo

Banned
Pretty sure you can, I recall seeing some GTA San Andreas streams on PS4.

But basically these PS2 games boot up like any other PS4 game so yea, you should have access to everything.

You can't play music via the Media Player or Spotify. I love GTA3 but it kinda sucks having to hear Rush Rush for the billionth time.

.... I hope we get Wild Arms Alter Code F and Wild Arms 5 soon.

Replaying Wild Arms 3 again last month was one of the most exciting things I've done for a long time.

Please, Announce Wild Arms 6 this year for the 20th anniversary :(

Probably holding my breath, but I'd love to get Gradius V. That was the one game from the PS2 era that I missed out on and wish I hadn't.

Atlus would do well to get their PS2 era stuff on there too. I got all the way to the end of SMT Nocturne and then put the game down...it was awesome though, trophies might motivate me to go through it again (maybe).

I liked getting KoF 2000, but those games are probably better served with modern ports like Last Blade 2 got with online play, however imperfect. But for things that were never released elsewhere like Samurai Shodown VI, PS2 versions would make sense.

An emulated collection on the emulator? PS2 on PS4 releases remain depressing in quality and quantity. At least they have been getting a few 3rd party games lately, but for the greatest library in console gaming to have such sparse support like this, man it just sucks. I would have loved HD rendering with no trophies if it just meant using discs for the hundreds of games that Sony will never get on the PSN.

Top Bottom