• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS2 games on PS4 : The list

Suzzopher

So SNK and Take Two are still the only third parties doing this?

We haven't even got King of Fighters 2000 in Europe yet :(

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Seriously Persona 3 Fes and Persona 4
And Capcom need to get the Onimusha series up

Zhao_Yun

Can anyone in here tell me whether there are 50/60hz issues with the EU versions of Wild Arms 3 and Arc the Lad: Twillight of the Spritis? Thinking about buying both in the current PSN sale.

Saoshyant

We haven't even got King of Fighters 2000 in Europe yet :(

As someone who wants to buy this and was even happy to download the free theme in the US store, the game's not available there either unless the web store's search function is more broken than usual.

Moskalova

The Warriors from Rockstar is on the EU PSN right now for PS4. 14,99 euros, 3,3 Go. Was this announced ?

New release, not announced. Strange but good game :p

BvhETId.jpg

Anung

Un Rama
The Warriors from Rockstar is on the EU PSN right now for PS4. 14,99 euros, 3,3 Go. Was this announced ?

Excellent. I never managed to play this game but heard it was really good. I'll definetly check it out.

I wish they'd just open the floodgates for PS2 games on this thing. So many games I'd buy in a heart beat.

I wonder if we'll ever get any widescreen games like Radiata Stories. Probably not that one sadly. :c

Ahhh... I want Wild Arms 5 and the Shadow Hearts franchise too!

sony still kind off killed it with pricing and no cross buy, they were greedy and should have understood what they were doing.

Emulation isn't always so hot either with frames and stutter

OuterLimits

I wonder if we'll ever get any widescreen games like Radiata Stories. Probably not that one sadly. :c

Ahhh... I want Wild Arms 5 and the Shadow Hearts franchise too!

Absolutely. I love Wild Arms 5, especially for the fun battle system. Of course Shadow Hearts is fantastic also. Never played the 3rd game in the series.

Overall, the amount of PS2 games released on PS4 is rather pathetic. One big reason I keep my PS3 is for the PS1/2 classics. Plus the PS3 can play PS1 discs.

Big0Bear

Someone asked him on twitter if it was coming and he said not anytime soon.
Currently looking through his tweets; had to have been like at least 2 or 3 weeks ago.

Did you ever find that tweet? I would live smt nocturne and DDS with trophies on ps4 really sad if they don't port them

Revven

Really wish Dragon Ball Z Tenkaichi 3 as well as Infinite World would come but each passing month is looking less and less likely. :(

I will gladly give up trophies if it mean more releases, I imagine this is the only thing that hold back publishers from releasing tgeir back catalogue. Because they need people to actually add in those trophies.

Wild Arms 3 has actual, bloody crashes. They charge 15 for an emulated game that crashes the whole console. I'd take the framerate dips instead.

Yeah, this has really soured me on PS2 on PS4 games. I was really looking forward to playing Wild Arms 3 and it's basically unplayable if you aren't willing to deal with losing hours and hours of gameplay from multiple random crashes in battle. Complete waste of 15 bucks. If it doesn't get patched, I can't see myself buying any more PS2 games, even though I really wanted the Ape Escape and Wild Arms series on my PS4.

ethomaz

Banned
Yeah, this has really soured me on PS2 on PS4 games. I was really looking forward to playing Wild Arms 3 and it's basically unplayable if you aren't willing to deal with losing hours and hours of gameplay from multiple random crashes in battle. Complete waste of 15 bucks. If it doesn't get patched, I can't see myself buying any more PS2 games, even though I really wanted the Ape Escape and Wild Arms series on my PS4.
This happens to me too in specific dungeons when in battle... I used to save after some time in these dungeons. It never crashed outside battles or non-crash dungeons.

Top Bottom