• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS2 Madden 2007 League

BirdBomb

Banned
Lets get this thing started. from what i've heard, the xbox version has a no-fatigue glitch. ps2 = glitch free!!!!

Fifty

FrenchMovieTheme said:
lollerskates

You do know that if the 360 version turns out to be awful we're going to have to come crawling back to the resident PS2 commish, BirdBomb, right?

All hail our new leader BirdBomb!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Fifty said:
You do know that if the 360 version turns out to be awful we're going to have to come crawling back to the resident PS2 commish, BirdBomb, right?

All hail our new leader BirdBomb!

That only happened last year because 06 was a totaly piece of shit. Madden will be fine this year. No way a PS2 league gets off the ground.

Have fun ladies, too many double standards in these GAF leagues for me.

Oh No! Your not gonna be in anymore leagues! You can imagine the deep sadness on all our faces....

BirdBomb

Banned
lol me? the commish? that's funny. I just figured FMT or someone would do a league again. No, i'm not DaddyZ or whatever...the only time i post in GAF is for madden leagues.

Anyways, nice to see you're still immature CB. Still mad bc i "subbeb my rb and te at DB" and owned you? lol, good times.

So, is anyone going to start a league? FMT? im looking your way.

CB3

BirdBomb said:
lol me? the commish? that's funny. I just figured FMT or someone would do a league again. No, i'm not DaddyZ or whatever...the only time i post in GAF is for madden leagues.

Anyways, nice to see you're still immature CB. Still mad bc i "subbeb my rb and te at DB" and owned you? lol, good times.

So, is anyone going to start a league? FMT? im looking your way.

Oh sorry, was i talking to you? I didnt think i was.... Get the **** on

BirdBomb

Banned
you don't have to be talking to me for me to see you're still bitter over past problems. Why can't you leave the past in the past...my comment was just a joke, but you took it personal...again. the phrase "good times" was ment that hey, it was a fun time, time to move on! Nice to meet you CB.

CB3

BirdBomb said:
you don't have to be talking to me for me to see you're still bitter over past problems. Why can't you leave the past in the past...my comment was just a joke, but you took it personal...again. the phrase "good times" was ment that hey, it was a fun time, time to move on! Nice to meet you CB.

Bitter over past problems? :lol Not really. If i was id be bitter over losing in the playoffs in NCAA not even a week ago. But im not at all. Its easy to not be bitter after losses when people are not total Dicks like you. But hey, its all good. Ill be with all the vets in the 360 league, you be here with all these people..... Well, you can still have a tournament with your brother! Have Fun!

in all seriousness there will be a madden ps2 online league if and only if the 360 version is complete garbage online (which is still a possibility). if that time comes we will figure something out

Andokuky

Banned
ColdBlooded33 said:
Oh No! Your not gonna be in anymore leagues! You can imagine the deep sadness on all our faces....

My face included! No more CB33 to beat up on! I'll have to find another league with a retard using an overrated team with a fast QB to pass all over. Wish me luck on my search, friend!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
You can just feel the love in this thread.

CB3

Andokuky said:
My face included! No more CB33 to beat up on! I'll have to find another league with a retard using an overrated team with a fast QB to pass all over. Wish me luck on my search, friend!

Yup, i used McNabb to scramble ALL the time. Ask anyone, i hardly ever ran him past the line of scrimmage

Andokuky

Banned
ColdBlooded33 said:
Yup, i used McNabb to scramble ALL the time. Ask anyone, i hardly ever ran him past the line of scrimmage

Read over my post friend, where did I say you ran with McNabb past the LOS all the time? Take your time!

CB3

Andokuky said:
Read over my post friend, where did I say you scrambled all the time? Take your time!

So your saying i run around behind the pocket? McNabb was one of the most sacked QB's in that league if i remember right. I stayed in the pocket almost all of the time

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Andokuky and Birdpoop are brothers right?

Matrix

FrenchMovieTheme said:
that type of racism has no place on GAF matrix

:lol

BirdBomb

Banned
That only happened last year because 06 was a totaly piece of shit. Madden will be fine this year. No way a PS2 league gets off the ground.

Ok, so if 1 does, i shouldn't expect to see you in it? sweet.

Don't try to sit and say "ooh, im over the drama from 06, blah blah blah" bc you're still a rude prick, showing you still hold grudes.

Anyways, if the game isn't even released, and there's already reports of bugs in all systems except ps2...

ps2 FTW

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
EA NFL2k fans be damned. I'm playing madden this year!

</troll>

BTW, in case you didn't know, if you played ps2 06, you just need to confirm your existing online settings and pay $2 again to get set up on 07.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
The ps2 version has the option to use 06 vision cone behavior in both offline and online games. WasabiKing and I just tested this. mrbob says there's no such option in madden 360.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I don't know. Is PS2 Madden "tight" with the gameplay? A improved upon version of PS2 06? How's the online play?

If all the questions have positive answers, and enough people show interest, I'd be willing to go with a PS2 league...I'm worried about Madden 360 and Online. I like it offline, but online, alot of things feel "off."

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Lonestar said:
I don't know. Is PS2 Madden "tight" with the gameplay? A improved upon version of PS2 06? How's the online play?

If all the questions have positive answers, and enough people show interest, I'd be willing to go with a PS2 league...I'm worried about Madden 360 and Online. I like it offline, but online, alot of things feel "off."

http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3153026

Ask and ye shall receive!

I think it's just as good as last year's version, but it doesn't seem like they addressed high passes and there are some issues with lead blocker control. Other than that it's hotness.

I would be interested in a PS2 league, as my interest in the 360 league is fading. Hopefully the 32 man tournament ropes me in.

Andokuky

Banned
I think 07 is far superior to 06. Defensive AI seems much better, players seem to drop balls when they get nailed more now. I think it's harder to get the high pass done because of the dropped balls and atleast in my experience sometimes throwing even a little high will make your QB overthrow the player. My only complaint is that the highlight stick is a little too effective. I am averaging like 15 BTK a game :lol

Miguel

Wow I played a random player yesterday, and he wasn't the Colts/Falcons/Titans/Seahawks/Steelers

!!!

Texans vs Niners, Reggie Bowl 2.

It was tight up until the 3rd quarter, where he threw an INT in the endzone to Dunta Robinson, and he was thinking Endzone. Pulled it to 10 pts, then a FG later. I'm up 13. Woot.

It was fairly fun, Texans aren't horrible this year. Yay

Matrix

Miguel said:
Texans aren't horrible this year. Yay

heh they are in the 360 version :\

Mrbob

If we can get somewhere from 12 to 16 people I wouldn't mind playing a second PS2 league at the same time.

Slo

I'd be down for this *IF* most of the regulars from last year's leagues play. (FMT, CK, DM, Fifty, MrBob etc...) I'd rather play on Xbox, but people seem to have moved onto the 360.... :-\

I love me some Vikes.

Matrix

Mrbob said:
If we can get somewhere from 12 to 16 people I wouldn't mind playing a second PS2 league at the same time.

you flip flopper.

Mrbob

Matrix said:
you flip flopper.

David-Carr.jpg

Matrix

BirdBomb

Banned
you know i'm down.

The best thing about 07 is that every team is atleast decent. They didnt make it so that the powerhouse teams own the game, and everyone else is horrible. The hightlight stick is effective, but only if u can get it down right. Ando avgs like 15 BTK a game offline, so if he were to transition online, it wouldn't be as much due to the lag and whatnot.

Top Bottom