• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|PS3| MLB '10 Tourney #1

I just got home from softball practice, eznark. I'll be around til about 6:30 est and the a couple of hours after 11 est. (provided I don't pass out on the couch)

Mrbob

Ok I just got my madden league game done...gonna eat some food now. I should be back in about a half hour if you want to try again.

Mrbob

It made it a bit tough to pitch....when I had Texeria on an 0-2 count, I threw two high fastballs and then on the next pitch it made me miss the meter for a ball down the middle that got crushed for a 2 run home run that broke the game open. It was tough to hit spots because I couldn't get close to the meter but its all right. I don't want to have to play the game again a 4th time. :lol

eznark said:
Story, you going to have a chance to play today? I'm open all day but I want to get it in before 10:30 pm.

I might be able to get it in when I get home from work depending on how long it will be before my wife has dinner ready. So as early as 5:30 or 6 and as late as 7 or 7:30.

For future reference for everyone, I work M-F 8-4:30 and typically hit the gym for about an hour after. Best times for me are right when I get home or after 10 est on most nights since my wife typically turns in early.

eznark

Banned
If you can fit the game into that window it'd be great. I won't be around tomorrow to play at all so I'd like to get it in today.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
eznark said:
Good game, I hate sinker ballers so, so much!

You ground into a lot of double plays? I love using them, hate hitting against them.

Matrix said:
You ground into a lot of double plays? I love using them, hate hitting against them.

He had a few, not too many that I can recall. He also had a couple of swinging bunts where he was safe. I tried not use the sinker too much, just basically when I needed a grounder. I used Cook, for the record, so I get use my 3rd starter against the Yanks. I have a feeling I'm going to be using my bullpen earlier for that one.

eznark

Banned
Just had me off balance the whole game, and I have a ton of trouble discerning between hard stuff and a sinker. I had very, very few solid hits.

LJ11

Storybook vs Pistol is set.

Rareside is waiting the winner of Sanjuro vs DM/Blackace.

Lets finish this by Thursday at the latest.

Pistol,

I could potentially play after 11 est. My son has a ballgame at 6 plus tonight is Idol and Lost night so I won't be available during primetime.

Sanjuro

DMczaf and Blackace play your fucking game.

21459tw.gif

rareside

I messaged them both already hoping they'd play last night. You're gonna destroy either one though so we might as well just play.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I am ready to play. its 850 am here I will be home at about 2pm.. so if he has time I am ready.

storybook77 said:
Pistol,

I could potentially play after 11 est. My son has a ballgame at 6 plus tonight is Idol and Lost night so I won't be available during primetime.

Sounds good man, let me know when you're ready.

P.S. GOD OF WAR MOTHAFUCKAS!!!!

DMczaf

Blackace said:
I am ready to play. its 850 am here I will be home at about 2pm.. so if he has time I am ready.

Ugh, I can't stay up that late tonight. Gotta get up around 5-6 am, we wouldn't finish the game til 1am.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
That's it DM, go play with Konex!

display_image.jpg

Blackace

rareside said:
Enough with the excuses!

Me and Sanjuro need to play.

DM and Blackace can play for the consolation prize.

whatever man...

rareside

Haha I'm just giving you two a hard time. Don't you live in Japan btw? Seem to remember talking to you online some when I lived over there...

Wonder how the connection will be.

Blackace

Yup in Sagamihara city. I was just waiting for the game to come by mail which is why I got it so late. Hope I can match up with DM but maybe the time difference might kill us

rareside

You guys don't need to be in any hurry to play your SEMI-FINALS match.

We still have a 2nd RD match that has yet to be played!!!

Zep, can we get an official word on when that 2nd RD game between blackace and DM must be played?

LJ11

rareside said:

Zep, can we get an official word on when that 2nd RD game between blackace and DM must be played?

Zep hasn't been around, weekend storm probably knocked out his power and his area may have flooding to boot, so it's unlikely that he's going to answer your question.

If storybook and pete want to play they're more than welcome. Tournament was meant to keep guys interested until the league starts.

As soon as Zep is back up and running, we'll start the league.

rareside said:

I'm not in a hurry but if I can get it in while my schedule allows it then that would be the best for everyone.

Pistol, I'll try to get on tonight after 10 est or so.

Blackace

I can play my saturday morning and DM's friday night if he is able

FYI.....Patch 2 will be out tomorrow, 3-18.

PATCH 2::

- Fixed issue with the auto-fix feature in rosters not working correctly all the time when a downloaded roster was used.

- Fixed issue to accurately show the number of games in progress when looking at the game/lobby room list.

- Fixed issue causing players placed on trade waivers to not be withdrawn if claimed by a user controlled team (offline season).

- Fixed issues with attendance.

- Make sure players placed on release waivers retain their contracts until they clear waivers.

- Allow teams to send down a reliever and keep 2 closers on the roster.

- Only allow the CPU to trade a player once per season.

- Unranked Online Games should not count towards points, win/loss nor stats.

- Fixed issue causing trades to be offered by the user's team even when set to MANUAL trades.

- Fix catcher throw decisions when AUTOTHROWING is on

- Create a player using these stances/deliveries:

Stances:
Bay, Jason
Barmes, Clint
Barton, Daric
Fukudome, Kosuke
Kemp Matt
Longoria, Evan

Pitch Deliveries:
Kuroda, Hiroki
Lilly, Ted

- Scout challenge from certain locations addressed.

- Intentional walk Online gaemplay issue addressed.

- Merged Sounds of the show fix. Fix for overflow problem when storing more than 255 songs. This is referring to storing the songs in a playlist.

- Exiting chatroom fix after completing the game.

- Fixed bug with ball warping into fielder's glove from the outfield on a line drive.

- Fix exiting Bullpen issue.

- Addressed issue with large attendance numbers being displayed properly.

- Fixed bug causing position players to be in the bullpen leading to an issue in franchise and career mode.

rareside

Let's GO BLACKACE, let's GO!

Let's GO DM, let's GO!

Sanjuro you should figure out when these guys play so you can immediately play the winner as soon as match is over. This tourney's pace is ridiculously slow. There was once excitement in this thread. The tourney seems dead now.

I realize you have real world obligations, but at least schedule a match with your opponent!

eznark

Banned
I think part of the purpose of the tournament was to see who would be reliable for a league. Ask me it's serving its purpose as we wait for rosters.

eznark said:
I think part of the purpose of the tournament was to see who would be reliable for a league. Ask me it's serving its purpose as we wait for rosters.

shots fired

i was out in the 2nd round. i have my excuses!

I was worried you guys would get in two tourneys before I buy the game and you're not close to doing ONE yet? For the people who were in last year's GAF league, they know that outside of the delay I had in getting the game, I was one of the most reliable people in playing my games. This is insane.

Blackace

I am online and ready yo..

Be playing an offline franchise so hit me up

PSN: Blackace88

Top Bottom