• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|PS3| MLB '10 Tourney #1

mYm|17|

I just ordered it from Amazon. This will be my first baseball game so go easy on me.

People have already chosen my two teams: Rays and Dodgers. I am up for any team then.

PSN: meierlynk
AIM: krillan1

Damn I was a cold ass motherfucker to the guy selling me this.

"Do you guys still have copies of The Show?"
"Of course we do! Did you pre order it"
"No"
"Awww come on why not"
"I didn't want to."
"But you get 6 classic stadiums if you do!"
"I don't care about those."
"But you can't be a true baseball fan then!"
*Glare* (thinking, just sell me the fucking game and let me on my way to work)
"Ok, let me get the copy out"

Mrbob

BigAT said:
Great, I have Bob now? What's the MLB equivalent of TE cheese?

Oh whatever you have poo poo holes in your lineup batting. Plus you can pitch Carpenter who is sure to be overrated in this game. Especially since he will most likely blow out his arm by May and be on the DL again.

You are controlling the NL All Star team. :D

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Nightz said:
What difficulty setting is going to be used?

Rookie, that way players like Dm and CB have a chance.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
obama-hi-five.jpg

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Zep said:
Difficulty level is up to you guys. I prefer HOF but I have no problems using All-Star.

I prefer HOF as well, but no way will some people enjoy the game on that difficulty.

BigAT

Mrbob said:
Oh whatever you have poo poo holes in your lineup batting. Plus you can pitch Carpenter who is sure to be overrated in this game. Especially since he will most likely blow out his arm by May and be on the DL again.

You are controlling the NL All Star team. :D

That is severely countered by the fact that I've never played The Show before. I'm greener than the Packers' jerseys after they run over the Bears.

Plus, the Cubs are ranked 9th overall to the Cardinals 16th, so don't try to Eeyore me.

Mrbob

How is that possible? Ok I'm checking out the team rankings now for verification:

http://www.pastapadre.com/2010/02/18/mlb-10-the-show-team-rankings

<3 Sony San Diego. :lol

Here is hoping a couple Cubs hitters who were slumping last year come back to their regular season averages. The sub categories are more important than overall. Cubs defensive and pitching rankings look about right.....Sony might have overrated the offenive prowess though. :lol That ranking is right if Soriano and Soto don't have shitty seasons again but who knows what will happen!

Cards underrated I believe! Or maybe Sony is good at predicting the future. Cubs bounce back year confirmed!

Matrix

Bob can be beat in Show. He actually has no form of cheese in this game, so I wouldn't worry. Just make sure you have some sorta idea how to actually play baseball and you have a chance.

I have always been able to beat him using a shitty Astros team unlike not having a chance in Madden when my Texans have been worse.

ugh using the Stros this year will be fun :lol Just keep getting worse and worse.

Zep

Banned
Matrix said:
Bob can be beat in Show. He actually has no form of cheese in this game, so I wouldn't worry. Just make sure you have some sorta idea how to actually play baseball and you have a chance.

Last time I played bob, he got 2 runs off Moyer in 8-innings. Definition of a doo-doo player.

;)

Matrix

Zep said:
Last time I played bob, he got 2 runs off Moyer in 8-innings. Definition of a doo-doo player.

;)

Moyer is kinda annoying to hit against since he pitches so slow, I wouldn't hold that against Bob. He was the only pitcher DM ever had success with :lol

Now me always knocking around Big-Z after he would talk shit, that was fun.

I tried doing an offline fantasy franchise and it seems like the game doesn't let you pick just your starters and let you sim the rest. You have to pick 75 guys? Someone please tell me this is a joke.

----this is seriously bullshit. i thought they were crazy and tried again. all you do is press square? the first time i attempted it i tried every fucking single/multiple button combo. bullshit

Zep

Banned
Matrix said:
Moyer is kinda annoying to hit against since he pitches so slow, I wouldn't hold that against Bob. He was the only pitcher DM ever had success with :lol

Now me always knocking around Big-Z after he would talk shit, that was fun.

Zambrano always had an easy motion to follow. Doesn't hurt that everything he throws is hard.

Its Ted Lilly who I can't hit for the life of me.

Hmm, guess I'll break CB in with Moyer :D That should be some comedy right there.

rareside

Please make a note that INTENTIONAL WALKS are not allowed. It will freeze the game during online play. If you want to intentionally walk a guy, then you need to throw FOUR PITCHOUTS.

Matrix

rareside said:
Please make a note that INTENTIONAL WALKS are not allowed. It will freeze the game during online play. If you want to intentionally walk a guy, then you need to throw FOUR PITCHOUTS.

wtf they better patch that shit :\ Dumb people will swing at pitchouts and will also make the game last longer.

eznark

Banned
rareside said:
That didn't happen to me. I intentionally walked two batters in one game an hour ago and was walked twice this afternoon.

Mrbob

How did this thread become a rememberance one of games I have lost? :lol

I think one thing this game gets right is how annoying the damn Stros are for the Cubs. Even the best of Cubs teams always struggle against the stros, and I have a tough time beating them in this game too. One of my worst losses last year was against Smokey when he was using the Stros. We were playing a 7 game series and he ending up going up 3 to 1 in it. He started talking smack on me so I had to unleash hell on him the next game and beat him 10 to 0. Fast forward to game six with him leading the series 3 games to 2....I had a 2-0 lead going into the top of the 9th with two outs. Smokey then gets a single, a double, and then another single to score a run and make it 2 to 1. I get an 0-2 count on Carlos Lee, and on my 3rd pitch I hang a damn change up and he smashes it out of the park for a 3 run homer. Suffice to say it I lose the game and the series by the same margin 4 to 2. Fing Gregg, I'm glad his crappy ass is out as a closer this season. :lol

Mrbob

Damn me and Livewire trying to play exhibition this is the laggiest game I've ever played smh sony. :/

LiveWire

Mrbob said:
Damn me and Livewire trying to play exhibition this is the laggiest game I've ever played smh sony. :/

Yea sorry man, I could direct connect I guess but I have a feeling that won't help. How does a game company stress test a network? Apparently they never realize every single person that buys the game will play online right away. :lol

Edit: How'd you like that steal? ;)

Mrbob

I'm gonna run some random games see how they go. It is probably just first day jitters but still disappointing.

Matrix

Mrbob said:
I love playing randoms online...won't even accept a friendly quit request. :(

That only happens when you use the Cubs.

Zep

Banned
Just got done laying the smackdown on sanjuro...

not really. But them Buccos are clutch!

Played perfect(lag wise) until we hit the bullpens..then it creeped in a little but then smoothed itself back out.

1 for 1 w/ great connection.

Anyone else wanna go?

Smokey

Mrbob said:
How did this thread become a rememberance one of games I have lost? :lol

I think one thing this game gets right is how annoying the damn Stros are for the Cubs. Even the best of Cubs teams always struggle against the stros, and I have a tough time beating them in this game too. One of my worst losses last year was against Smokey when he was using the Stros. We were playing a 7 game series and he ending up going up 3 to 1 in it. He started talking smack on me so I had to unleash hell on him the next game and beat him 10 to 0. Fast forward to game six with him leading the series 3 games to 2....I had a 2-0 lead going into the top of the 9th with two outs. Smokey then gets a single, a double, and then another single to score a run and make it 2 to 1. I get an 0-2 count on Carlos Lee, and on my 3rd pitch I hang a damn change up and he smashes it out of the park for a 3 run homer. Suffice to say it I lose the game and the series by the same margin 4 to 2. Fing Gregg, I'm glad his crappy ass is out as a closer this season. :lol

That was a great day. I could feel the anger. It made me smile.

Zep

Banned
so the game between me and bob started out decently...then as the innings went on, turned to unplayable. My pitching meter wouldn't even move it was that bad.

Zep

Banned
Not sweating it as they seem a lot more responsive on the forums towards it this year. Lets hope they can figure something out.

Sanjuro

Zep said:
Just got done laying the smackdown on sanjuro...

not really. But them Buccos are clutch!

Played perfect(lag wise) until we hit the bullpens..then it creeped in a little but then smoothed itself back out.

1 for 1 w/ great connection.

Anyone else wanna go?
Zep glitched, hax, used standby, nude code, and Game Genie. I called up Sony and had him banned in the 8th and I still gave up a fucking line driver.

Nightz

I'm off today so I'd like to try to play some online games. Fair warning though: I suck. Easy win for you guys!

eznark

Banned
I'm pretty free all day as well. I'll be playing BC2 most of the day but hit me up on aim (bpqb7) if you want a game

LiveWire

I'll be around tonight again after 8PM Eastern to play, anyone sees me on PSN please challenge me, I wanna see what the lag is like with other people before I try direct connecting the PS3.

Top Bottom