• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|PS3| MLB '10 Tourney #1

Zep

Banned
Breakdown: Me in Jersey

Good
Sanjuro- Boston
Eznark - Indiana
Rareside - Texas
Windu - Alabama

Decent/Bad
CB - Cali
Lambtron - North Dakota

I'd ask for you guys to play with Fast Play ON to see if it kills any lags issues, as far as syncing up the game(with replays, cutscenes)

LiveWire

Whoever wins between BigAT/Bob, I'll be free later tonight and early tomorrow morning (Eastern time). If not then, it will have to be Monday night.

LiveWire

Pre-tourney exhibition game between the Astros (Smokey) and Nationals (LiveWire). Nats coast to victory, 6-2, off of HRs by Willingham (solo) and Dunn (2 run). Willingham has an in-the-park homerun (thanks Minutemaid!). Astros fans booing from the 4th inning onward.

Won a complete game from Josh Johnson 11-1. Hanley with the near cycle (HBP should count as a single!) and more importantly I ADVANCED PAST THE FIRST ROUND

heatbench3000605141ha.jpg

Smokey

HOLY SHIT PHEENIKS GOT OUT OF THE 1ST ROUND

LiveWire said:
Pre-tourney exhibition game between the Astros (Smokey) and Nationals (LiveWire). Nats coast to victory, 6-2, off of HRs by Willingham (solo) and Dunn (2 run). Willingham has an in-the-park homerun (thanks Minutemaid!). Astros fans booing from the 4th inning onward.

:lol

You escaped.

You got lucky I didn't know how to dive or do any basic functions :lol

It won't happen again, bask in this W.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Zep, I could most likely play late tomorrow night around 11 pm est. Like I said earlier in the thread, this is my last week and weekend with my brother and he's leaving to move to San Fran. I'm spending time with him and shit. I don't really travel much cause of my health issues so I have no clue when I will see him again.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Wired connections must be essential if this league is going to survive. Pistolpete and I tried playing our game earlier today and we had to stop because of the lag. He said he will try wired tomorrow. I have played 2 ransoms with my wired connection and have had mostly lag free games. If wired is not the solution, I fear the league will struggle. If any west coast players want to test, just hit me up on AIM.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I think I had no lag last year and hardly complained like most did because I was using wired. I'll be sticking to wired again this year.

Smokey

The Rays defeat the Detroit Tigers 17-3 in the first round of the GAF MLB tournament. They move on to face N1ghtz and the Padres in the 2nd round !

BTW I play on wireless connection and haven't really had any lag at all as of yet.

Matrix

Smokey said:
The Rays defeat the Detroit Tigers 17-3 in the first round of the GAF MLB tournament. They move on to face N1ghtz and the Padres in the 2nd round !

BTW I play on wireless connection and haven't really had any lag at all as of yet.

Rays >>>>>> Stros

Have fun!

Zep

Banned
Really surprised nobody took the Rays... My gift to smokey, cause he wasn't believing my hype at first.

Matrix

Zep said:
Really surprised nobody took the Rays... My gift to smokey, cause he wasn't believing my hype at first.

I used the Rays a ton last year when I would play scrim games against Fifty. If I didn't get the Stros I was planning on trying to get them.

Zep

Banned
Yea, we'll worry about that when we know for sure how many people are going to be in come late march.

KanZolo

Smokey said:

I'm not gonna offer any excuses.

[spoilers]Except that I haven't played MLB in 2 years and was 6 beers deep when I played you[/spoilers]

Matrix

Oh, I didn't mean that I was going to want them if I don't end up getting the Stros. I'll pick from whatever is left if Mig gets the Stros.

The Rays are all Smokeys and a much better team than the Stros so he shouldn't feel that bad about having to use them.

Matrix

Zep said:
Well, when you lose tomorrow night you guys will just have to do a 3gm series for the team.

Sneaky changing of teams ;)

yes, you send me that PM without any links or anything. i said i would have it (and did have it!), but then you don't follow up to say "oh cool here's the thread to sign up in!"

this blood is on YOUR hands!

Rorschach said:
FMT we should play sometime. This is probably the only game where we're at the same level! ;)

well unless you suck dick at this game we aren't on the same level!

and i would play you right now but zep FINALLY showed up!

Rorschach

LiveWire said:
If anyone's up for a game lemme know, I'll be online.
I'll let you destroy me if you want. What's your tag?

[edit] NM...apparently there's an update already. -_- Downloading/installing.
[edit2] Guess tags are in the OP!

btw zep what did you think about the lag in our game? i felt like there was basically no lag at all. a couple instances of a spike/delay but aside from that it was incredibly smooth

p.s. ok ez, i'm online already!

eznark

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
btw zep what did you think about the lag in our game? i felt like there was basically no lag at all. a couple instances of a spike/delay but aside from that it was incredibly smooth

p.s. ok ez, i'm online already!
dave bush is going to eat your babies

eznark

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
gg ez. i suck @ hitting :(
eh, just need more recognition. Also, Weeks has hit a home run in 4 straight games I've played online with him! COMEBACK PLAYER OF THE YEAR!!!! Also, it's annoying that Dave Bush is better than YoGa.

Awesomely smooth game by the way.

eznark said:
eh, just need more recognition. Also, Weeks has hit a home run in 4 straight games I've played online with him! COMEBACK PLAYER OF THE YEAR!!!! Also, it's annoying that Dave Bush is better than YoGa.

Awesomely smooth game by the way.

yep, smooth the entire game! i can't even recall a time when the lag spiked and ruined one of my pitches!

i dont know if lag has anything to do with location. as i said before, i played cb who lives 50 miles from me and had bad lag. i played zep (new jersey?) and eznark (i know not on west coast) and i had no lag at all

eznark

Banned
How do you improve your sportsmanship in this game? Bob just took the lead on a roger dorn error by Escobar (best glove in the minors 3 straight years) then proceeded to quick pitch my pitcher in the 8th and I didn't drive up to Chicago and murder his entire family.

I deserve +10 sportsmanship.

Mrbob

Oh quit crying it was an accident. :lol

Blame your shortstop for giving me 3 free runs by committing two errors in the same game. :lol

I messed with some router settings tonight and hopefully i got things working better. Just played a random game, sunlight and broadcast and it ran perfectly.

Top Bottom