• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

So I got onto CoD mp finally. I wanted to check out chat. It was awful I only hear garbled noises. The ear bud does not fit in my ear and nobody answered back if they could hear me. heh

SRTtoZ

SOooo I don't have any money to buy a PS4, but my friend does. And he didn't preorder, even though I told him to a hundred times. We still went out looking for one. We called like 20 places, none of them had any left. We finally tried GameStop of all places and they had ONE LEFT. We got it. I AM CRYING. TONIGHT IS THE BEST NIGHT. EVER.

adorable.

UF_C

Banned
BZF6m76CYAE9Z8v.jpg

i thought the thing had a form fitting sticker on it. not those 2 strips.

Yeah, mine didn't look like that at all.

A photo for you. It's hideous (maybe ps2 era would have been more accurate, haha). This is supposed to be a drape suspended from the ceiling. I dunno. Seems really jarring. Is it possibly because the game is still installing in the background?

Most of it looks amazing. This just stood out.

TqJPXsM.jpg

wtf.

Is there any way to see player counts for the top played PSN games like on XBL now? Would be cool to see how BF, CoD, and KZ stack up against each other.

(XBL does show that, right? Never had an Xbox.)

Game seems laden with technical issues right now. My friends are reporting some too.

Game hangs a lot, totally freezes visually for 2-5 seconds. Dialogue/sound effects way out of sync with visuals. Bizarre textures like this.

All good though. It's a launch. I expected this.

I've heard the freezes happen while the game is installing in the background, but once it's finished everything's smooth.

ReaperXL7

So can Need for Speed be played without a net connection, or do you have to be on EAs servers to play it? Im pretty sure I am going to try and snag BF4, Ass Creed, and Lego Marvel, but if I cant get one or two of those Ill replace them with other titles. Kind of interested in picking up an arcade racer, but I have not been following Rivals too much.

I'm envious of you guys getting your consoles tonight. I have to work early and can't get mine until tomorrow.

I'm enjoying reading everyone's comments though. Looks like I'm going to get NFS now based on some of your comments. It's not a true launch without a racing game! :p

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Good luck guys! So happy for ya'll!

#ps4europe

HPhins54

Neo Member
I've seen two different updates mentioned here. 300 and 800 meg ones. Which one do we want?

99% sure the 300 one is the system update. If I'm not mistaken, 800 is for starting with a fresh HDD or something (not exactly sure on this part).

RawNuts

Can anyone who liked the Xbox 360 controller give their impressions of how the PS4 controller feels by comparison? It looks like they made plenty of improvements over the old design and I'm curious how people are liking it so far.

Aeroangel

Banned
Just signed in accepted another TOS let's see if this sticks =O

Bah now it says Sony Entertainment Network is currently undergoing undergoing maintenance.

Doh!

Top Bottom