• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

kris.

Banned
SOooo I don't have any money to buy a PS4, but my friend does. And he didn't preorder, even though I told him to a hundred times. We still went out looking for one. We called like 20 places, none of them had any left. We finally tried GameStop of all places and they had ONE LEFT. We got it. I AM CRYING. TONIGHT IS THE BEST NIGHT. EVER.

Ok so I got my PS4, and everything is good so far but I seem to be having trouble logging into PSN. It asks for my ID and Password, I enter it, and then it just sits in the "please wait" screen. Could this just be because of the servers getting hammered?
I saw a post on the Sony forums that says the ps4 network won't be up until 12:01 pst. Not sure that's true though. Is anyone on psn with a ps4 right now?

RobertM

The d-pad is a godsend, but I'm not liking the triggers at all, i feel like they're a little too short. Love the menu music, so relaxing

SOooo I don't have any money to buy a PS4, but my friend does. And he didn't preorder, even though I told him to a hundred times. We still went out looking for one. We called like 20 places, none of them had any left. We finally tried GameStop of all places and they had ONE LEFT. We got it. I AM CRYING. TONIGHT IS THE BEST NIGHT. EVER.
Aaaaaaw.

BitStyle

Unconfirmed Member
Ok so I got my PS4, and everything is good so far but I seem to be having trouble logging into PSN. It asks for my ID and Password, I enter it, and then it just sits in the "please wait" screen. Could this just be because of the servers getting hammered?

I'm having this same issue. I guess the servers are clogged at the moment.

We had like 4 people walk into our gamestop and all pre-order like an hour before midnight. I was fairly surprised at how much stock they had.

This is the stuff I love :)

Magnus

Your hyperbole is showing.

horseshit

A photo for you. It's hideous (maybe ps2 era would have been more accurate, haha). This is supposed to be a drape suspended from the ceiling. I dunno. Seems really jarring. Is it possibly because the game is still installing in the background?

Most of it looks amazing. This just stood out.

TqJPXsM.jpg

Guess the first thing I'm going to do once I get mine is check the HDMI port and cable it comes with.
What's up with the HDMI cable?

I can just use the one that's in my PS3 fat right? No point in putting bones out of socket to get behind my TV when there's already a cable connected.

Shadownet

Banned
Yeah same can't sign in

Yeah it's funny that I can download the update 1.50 in an instant yet I can't log into my PSN account. Lol

But hey it's not a big deal right now, I rather that people have the update install quickly and correctly, doesn't brick anyone console.

Waiting till tomorrow for PSN to work properly again is a trade off I'm willing to take.

satori

Wow my bro lucked out. Best buy sent me a 30 dollargift cert that wworked for the system. Got it for 399 lol. Guys check your email not sure how I got it. For being some member with them

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Updating her right now! ended up using my ps4's ethernet cable and hdmi chord. I'm scared about that hdmi issue :/

Brinbe

Sad to hear that Madden sucks. Haven't opened it yet so maybe I'll exchange it for NFS.

And also got someone in the states to pick up KZ/BF4/AC4 from Target so it isn't all sportz here
KuGsj.gif

And already updated to 1.50, let's do this!

fuck, my doorman at my apartment wasn't around on Tues to pickup my Killzone package. Now i have no game to play when my PS4 ships tomorrow :( (My doorman better be around for that tomorrow!)

Hmmm, thinking of stopping by gamestop and get Assassin's Creed on my way home tomorrow then

That's awesome man, congrats! :)

Moosehole

Well I give up. Don't want to do anything until I tie the system to my account.

I have a feeling it will be worse tomorrow too... A lot more people will be getting PS4s than those who went to midnight launches.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
What does the PS camera do? I know it has that packed in game, but does it really do anything substantial at this time?

Shadownet

Banned

A happy ending story right there!

*appplause*

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
A photo for you. It's hideous (maybe ps2 era would have been more accurate, haha). This is supposed to be a drape suspended from the ceiling. I dunno. Seems really jarring. Is it possibly because the game is still installing in the background?

TqJPXsM.jpg
That just looks bad. Odd.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Reading this thread sucks right now. :(

Talking to Amazon CS since my order delivery was delayed until Monday. So pissed.

Moosehole

Reading this thread sucks right now. :(

Talking to Amazon CS since my order delivery was delayed until Monday. So pissed.
You probably wouldn't be able to sign into PSN until Monday anyway, so I don't think you're missing much.

Sorry your shipment got delayed, though.

Magnus

That just looks bad. Odd.

Game seems laden with technical issues right now. My friends are reporting some too.

Game hangs a lot, totally freezes visually for 2-5 seconds. Dialogue/sound effects way out of sync with visuals. Bizarre textures like this.

All good though. It's a launch. I expected this.

Ripclawe

Banned
alright, reformatted the usb drive to fat and now its updating from it.

As for the HDMI cable that came with the PS4. It even looks cheap. I just used the one I had already.

txag2005

Banned
So I'm guessing my Sony Pulse headset won't work yet right? I haven't tried it just yet but I remember reading that it's coming with a future firmware update.

Magnus

Can anyone actually sign into PSN? Really wanted to try Resogun tonight.

Deciding right now whether I want to crack open knack or AC4...

Controller feels so güd.

Top Bottom