• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
got mine.

photo.jpg

Ripclawe

Banned
Can anyone who liked the Xbox 360 controller give their impressions of how the PS4 controller feels by comparison? It looks like they made plenty of improvements over the old design and I'm curious how people are liking it so far.

It feels like it was made to fit comfortably in your hands naturally. so far I haven't had to fiddle with it to hit all the buttons or move it about in my hands.

KalBalboa

Banned
So, am I the only one unable to get his free 30 days of PS+ to work? The $10 voucher worked AOK, but I can't redeem the 30 PS+ days on my PC, phone, or Vita.

Can anyone who liked the Xbox 360 controller give their impressions of how the PS4 controller feels by comparison? It looks like they made plenty of improvements over the old design and I'm curious how people are liking it so far.

Feels like you are in control, just like the 360 controller. With the PS3 controller I always felt that I was playing a game, especially in shooters. With the 360 controller, it was like the controller was an extension of my mind, canceling out the controller, especially in shooters.

PS4 controller is more like 360 controller. Spend over 30 hours with it already, no complains here. No start button takes some getting used to but the option button works pretty much the same way. Sticks are way better, triggers are perfect, buttons feel 'deeper'.

kris.

Banned
Okay so, tried entering Ghosts multiplayer and it just hung at a black screen. Can still go into the XMB and close the game and whatnot. How weird.

AngryBird

Banned
Just got a ps4 from Amazon (restock) but it was really quick and didn't buy any game... I just put ps4 in carrt and checked out from fear it may sell out.
This was not planed or even knew i could get a ps4 at launch day since i didn't pre order, but thanks to neogaf :)))) lol

Wow, now i have to learn more about ps4 and the games lol

U2NUMB

I loved the 360 controller and hated the DS3. I have had a DS4 for a few weeks now and played a number of games on the PS3 with it. It is a massive upgrade over the DS3.

Now... with that being said, I also have a X1 and I still prefer the sticks located in the position that Xbox has them. BUT I no longer have any issue playing with the DS4.

I really do not think the controllers will be a source of combat this generation, both did a great job.

I vastly preferred the 360 controller over DS3 but DS4 is a HUGE step up, controller preference will no longer be a factor for me when deciding on multiplats.

Nice and congratz to the new next gen Ps4 owners. I am going to try and crash best buy in an hour but I heard they are not letting people in for games and accessories. My PS4 will be in tomorrow from amazon.

They did good. Thats all I gotta say I was xbone4life until 3 weeks ago and I was still skeptical of the DS4 ofdly enough it does not feel like a DS3 but more to a 360 regardless the button layout.

Just got a ps4 from Amazon (restock) but it was really quick and didn't buy any game... I just put ps4 in carrt and checked out from fear it may sell out.
This was not planed or even knew i could get a ps4 at launch day since i didn't pre order, but thanks to neogaf :)))) lol

Wow, now i have to learn more about ps4 and the games lol
Target and Fry's still have a buy 2 get one free sale til Sunday if you decide to get some games

scoobs

I'm pleasantly surprised, it's fantastic. Feels absolutely perfect in my hands. Love the new l2 r2 triggers. Stick placement hasn't bothered me yet and they feel great.

SRTtoZ

Absolutely loving it. Put in a game, auto install, get you ready to play very quickly. downloads updates for you, etc. Good stuff.

Got in the store, downloading Resogun and Contrast. Ill deal with the F2P games tomorrow.

CronoShot

So does the PS3 wireless stereo headset not work with the PS4? I plugged it in, but it doesn't seem to recognize it.

Guess I shouldn't be surprised.

U2NUMB

So can not play NFS offline it seems. I downloaded the patch.. then I get the SEN maintenance message and when I try to boot up NFS which acts like it is ready it pushes it back to the dash with a network error.

Not good.. come on I would like to play a game!!

I posted in another thread a couple days ago, but I've been playing with the DS4 for a few days now and I can honestly say it's my favorite controller. I've been a long standing supporter of the 360 controller, but the DS4 is even better imo.

The build quality is superb, the analog sticks have more resistance and are now concave. I didn't feel my fingers slipping much at all. The triggers fit much more naturally and have a lip on them so your fingers don't slip. The whole controller has a very tactile coating on it that isn't so "plasticky," more like rubbery in a way. The controller is much heavier than the DS3. It just feels better, more substantial in your hands that isn't heavy, but has a premium feel to it.

I'm sure most gamers will embrace the DS4.

So can not play NFS offline it seems. I downloaded the patch.. then I get the SEN maintenance message and when I try to boot up NFS which acts like it is ready it pushes it back to the dash with a network error.

Remember when you just fucking slapped in a cartridge and were playing instantly? Those were the days.

Ruh roh

Top Bottom