• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

UberTag

Another person that got that terrible next gen madden port. Based EA
EA will never bother to try with any of their releases if we keep rewarding them for sloth and incompetence.
Next fall we'll get another lazy man's Madden release using a last-gen engine, hi-def grass/crowds and a half-assed roster update.
And it will sell several million copies.

If nothing else, people on GAF should be discerning enough with their money not to reward them.

Yeah it wasn't free. Divide your total price by the games you got. Id sell that game to sucker on craigslist tommorow.

I wanted it to be good so bad. EA failed us
I probably will sell it eventually, but this was totally free. Not a bogo, just a free code from amazon.

Timu

Hearing all this about having trouble signing in makes me glad I'm getting mine later today so I'm hoping it won't be as bad as it is now.=p

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I'd like to thank all the midnight launch peeps for getting the pipes unclogged for us.

Hopefully by the time is amazon plebes get on everything will be better.

Scoot2005

Banned
I'm on my lunch break now and I didn't see a huge line for this. It was strange. I work at Walmart by the way. There was maybe 20 people.

CronoShot

Let's do this GAF.

NPV5uGV.jpg

btrboyev

Just picked mine up at walmart, walked in with no pre-order and picked up the last box. Hopefully the One purchase is just as simple.

My brother in law and I,, on seperate systems, downloaded and installed the update fine but cannot sign in to the network...as others here. we got them midnight at BB....

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.

GR8TNESS has arrived.

By the way, before I plug this in. Been hearing about the hdmi port stuff, is the stock HDMI cord doing this, or is it the console itself that is just manufactured that way. Want to make sure before I plug it in!

Shadownet

Banned
Upload it to an image service then link it like any other image?

Oh thanks man. I'm sorry I don't usually go in forum. And the ones I do actually go on too. You can upload the images to the forum itself and doesn't have to use a 3rd party website.

Thanks for the help:)

DUMPTRUXX

Banned
Shit is working beautifully. So excited.

The app swapping is fast too. The first time I did it it was a little finnicky but every consecutive time has been instant.

Local Walmart had 51 layaways/preorders, with about 20 extra consoles for the walk-ins. Maybe only 15-20 people showed up out of the layaway orders, including myself.

Noticed that before the systems were sold, PSN was down through the Playstation App. Hopefully that gets remedied soon enough, and same goes for my system having a functional HDMI-out.

Magnus

Killzone is such a mixed bag, visually. Crazy environments and draw distance, animations range from wonderful to awful, weather effects are pissing, lighting is stellar, some textures are PS1 era abominations....so inconsistent.

ReaperXL7

yes, servers are getting reamed right now

Yeah I already saw that others were having the same issue. You learn allot by just looking a few posts above your own. I just was not sure because I turned on my PS4 and the update was already pretty much finished downloading.

I ended up getting en extented warrenty just incase any issues came up, but so far im really diggin it. The DS4 is a quality piece of gear, and im curious to see how well the headset works though im not a huge fan of earbuds.

Hopefully the issues are not too widespread as I would hate to see all this hard work go down the drain because of a simple manufacturing issue.

MilkBeard

Even through IGN's crap quality video, the Assassin's Creed 4 comparison shows a pretty noticeable difference between current gen and PS4 versions. I am surprised that the WiiU version actually looks pretty good and holds up with Xbox 360, while the PS3 version looks very blurry. The PS4 verison has noticeably better effects, shadows, and detail at certain points. After looking in to it, I think I'm also going to pick up AC4 for PS4 when I go to Best Buy here in a few minutes. (I already have Killzone)

Aeroangel

Banned
You sure it's on? I pressed the eject button by mistake before realizing the pwr button was on top.

Heh. I actually had to look at the quick start guide to find the power button I searched the PlayStation a good 5 minutes and couldn't find it without a diagram SMH. To be fair it's past my bedtime.

But I do want to say to those who may be worried... I am using the HDMI from my wii U on a 50" Philips 1080 LCD and I did the update over wifi.. it is working and looking beautiful (no pixelation or funny business) just unable to get signed in to PSN.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Killzone is such a mixed bag, visually. Crazy environments and draw distance, animations range from wonderful to awful, weather effects are pissing, lighting is stellar, some textures are PS1 era abominations....so inconsistent.
Your hyperbole is showing.

Badgerst3

Nobody should be surprised if the service is having problems; seriously, when was the last time a major online game or service launched without problems? The surprise would be if everything went off without a hitch. I can still remember the launch of World of Warcraft and it was a fucking nightmare.

I will say that it will be a much bigger deal if people have similar problems with Xbox One especially since that console needs an update for even basic functionality and because MS has a much better reputation in this area and has made such a big deal about the massive cloud architecture they've built around it.

Agreed. I was kidding around. Off to my so cal BB for my preorder.

A little nervous about this hdmi issue. Gonna use my older monoprice cable, not that it should matter much.

SRTtoZ

Also, my Bose earbuds work great plugging them into the controller and then going into the settings and changing all audio to output to headphones. Sounds great.

robot

NBA2k14 is unreal. I usually only play arcade sport games - I threw the settings down to casual and having a blast. Great launch game.

TriGen

I got my console plugged in, but I'm not turning it on until the morning. I'm tired, my retail games are arriving in the afternoon, and PSN is getting hammered. I'll have a go in the morning. Just want to say that I hope it's a 'Perfect Day' for you guys.

ReaperXL7

Agreed. I was kidding around. Off to my so cal BB for my preorder.

A little nervous about this hdmi issue. Gonna use my older monoprice cable, not that it should matter much.

BBs extended warrenties are pretty good. If there is an issue they will usually just replace the unit on the spot with a new one. Just ask how much it is, there console warrenties usually are not too much.

Top Bottom