• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
I know it's a storm of midnight launchees, but what ever happened to the feature of playing someone else's PS4? They mentioned a scenario of if I'm stuck at a tricky part, I can invite you, you control my game from your PS4, and beat the part for me.

kris.

Banned
PSN is getting hammered.

Yeah, but nothing's loading at all. It's like as soon as you hit the Multiplayer button from the starting screen, it just goes to black and nothing happens. With previous iterations, you'd at least go to a Multiplayer welcome screen before it tries forcing you to connect to PSN. Single player is working fine though, game looks sexy as hell.

SRTtoZ

So does the PS3 wireless stereo headset not work with the PS4? I plugged it in, but it doesn't seem to recognize it.

Guess I shouldn't be surprised.

The headset that comes with it is a microphone, so thats what its being used as, not for hearing game noise. If you want to set it to hear "all noise", go into the settings and go to Audio, and select "Output to Headphones>ALL AUDIO".

txag2005

Banned
I'm slowly getting logged in, but each step takes about 5 minutes to load. I just want to get my profile loaded so I can start to earn trophies at least.

A few initial impressions

1.) The Dualshock 4 hype is real. This thing feels amazing. I liked the DS3, but it feels so...cheap..in comparison. Huge improvement in every way.

2.) I'm really liking the new UI. Very intuitive and slick. Another big improvement over the PS3.

3.) If the 1.5 patch is any indication, download speeds should be much improved. I got the entire patch in just a few minutes, while at PS3 speeds it would've taken a half hour at least for me.

Hopefully I get into PSN soon and I'll start throwing in some games.

DoctorZ

I'm at line at GameStop. I'm #4, but there is already a line. Are they going to do it in order of line, or in order of number? They said number when I got my receipt, but people here seem to think its the line.

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
I went to Northgate BB and Northgate Gamestop. Both sold out of non-preorder stock. No surprises there. I guess I will wait for them to become widely available : /

Bigger than the Wii U launch?

nStruct

Neo Member
I know it's a storm of midnight launchees, but what ever happened to the feature of playing someone else's PS4? They mentioned a scenario of if I'm stuck at a tricky part, I can invite you, you control my game from your PS4, and beat the part for me.

They said that feature is coming later

ev0

Pretty sure my PS4 is defective. What are the bent pins I'm supposed to find look like exactly?

I might have ruined 3 hdmi cables lol. I tried 3 ports as well

RobertM

I don't get why Hulu has a lock next to it, and when you try to open it a message pops up saying "This application can be started only by a user who has license for it". What?

SRTtoZ

The DS4 hype is definitely real, I just have to get used to the options and share buttons. I keep having to look down to find them lol

fade_

I don't get why Hulu has a lock next to it, and when you try to open it a message pops up saying "This application can be started only by a user who has license for it". What?

Do you have to enable some license in the settings like you did with the PS3?

Treed

Neo Member
I'm at line at GameStop. I'm #4, but there is already a line. Are they going to do it in order of line, or in order of number? They said number when I got my receipt, but people here seem to think its the line.

Mine did it by number. It went really fast. I was number 40 and was out by 12:10.

Vizzeh

Banned
Thanks for all the beta testing guys... :p
This is going to be a long two weeks.

I was lucky to order on Amazon. orders became available for like 20minutes

Shipped to the UK inc import vat £320....delivery estimate 19th November, get in there :)

(still have my killzone megabundle on order, but a guy in work wants one for his kid for xmas, so win win.)

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
One of these days, I am going to get passed this "Please wait..." screen.

First I wait in line only to come home and wait in line. Launches are fun :p

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Am guessing all you guys here too are having a big no go with logging into PSN and such?

Hearing that it seems to be a widespread problem and no surprise too considering how many folks must have their systems by now across the US.

Yeah the Update through store worked perfectly. Entirely different update screen, went through two installs (yay) now I just cant connect to PSN like most of you. NBA 2K it is, hopefully we get it by 3 at the latest

ckohler

Stuck waiting on Please Wait... screen after setting my PSN privacy settings, been there for 5 min. It says press circle to back out but it won't let me. Hope I'm not stuck here.

Fatbody

Running a game and swapping back and forth to Netflix or Livestreams is very very banderas gif. The only thing I'm wondering is if when it suspends your game to switch to another app, will it boot you out of a lobby if your playing online?

hEist

2 weeks left..

tumblr_inline_mmqftjEsdm1qz4rgp.gif

Pop

Stuck waiting on Please Wait... screen after setting my PSN privacy settings, been there for 5 min. It says press circle to back out but it won't let me. Hope I'm not stuck here.

I've been like this for 10 minutes now...

oh noes

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.

We are in the same boat! Anyone else go through this and did it eventually go through?

Badgerst3

Encinitas, ca best buy. Walked in 10 minutes ago, paid off my preorder and left.

Painless.

Now across the street for the next 45 min at Buffalo Wild Wings with a Newcastle.

And off tomorrow. Life is good.

Top Bottom