• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

HPhins54

Neo Member
After about an hour of trying, I was finally able to log into PSN. If you're stuck on the "Please Wait..." screen for more than a few minutes, back out and try again.

YESSSSSSS. So beautiful.

Finally got to log in. So i upgraded to to SSHD and if all the numbers were true then the SSHD kicks ass. Cold boot is 10-11 seconds from the beep. From the PS logo it's about 3-4 secs. So sick. Now this is the weird thing is i had to use 1.0 with the upgraded hdd. When i logged in the system automatically downloaded and installed 1.50 before the main menu even popped up in less than 5mins. 0.o

Nevermind the white light means it's on lmao. I like the blue light better. :(

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
I'm about to unplug the ethernet cable, see if that helps.

It did not work but that's ok because the ps4 noticed that the lan cable's gone. I'm going to hard reset my ps4, wish me luck

Edit 2: Holding down the power button gives you the option to turn off the ps4, so I would reccomend that guys.

derwalde

2 weeks left..

tumblr_inline_mmqftjEsdm1qz4rgp.gif

i cant, i cant. it breaks my heart. :(

theDeeDubs

Ended up snagging a PS4 tonight at Walmart. Currently downloading AC4, Resogun, and Contrast as we speak ;). My sister is buying my Amazon preorder that probably won't get here until 7 P.M. tomorrow night. This thing is super sleek in person. Loving it so far.

Riddler

Stuck waiting on Please Wait... screen after setting my PSN privacy settings, been there for 5 min. It says press circle to back out but it won't let me. Hope I'm not stuck here.

You'll get through. Took me about 30min after 10 retry

Launch day fun!

Getting booted from the store every few minutes but im still downloading games and stuff just fine...

Resogun and Contrast are downloading on my download list

Joco

So I'm not sure if it's just my setup but the PS4 seems to be just as loud as the PS3, unfortunately. At least playing Killzone, the fan quickly seemed to go into high gear not long after I started and didn't really let up until I stopped the game. Is my console just not getting enough airflow? Or has anyone else noticed this?

flashmouth

Neo Member
Hey guys,
hope everybody is enjoying their new consoles.

I ordered one from Amazon.com to get it early before EU Launch. Could someone please tell me if the internal power supply is universal 100v/240v again like ps3?
That would be very kind.
Thx & have fun!

I got logged in but when I tried to create a party I'm sitting at a "Please Wait..." screen after all the options. Anyone in a party?

Edit: Scratch that, I like doubled tapped the PS button and it just bugged out to the XMB with me in the chat. Good to go for now

Vizzeh

Banned
Hey guys,
hope everybody is enjoying their new consoles.

I ordered one from Amazon.com to get it early before EU Launch. Could someone please tell me if the internal power supply is universal 100v/240v again like ps3?
That would be very kind.
Thx & have fun!
I just ordered 1 aswell to the UK...19Th November delivery.

found this on the net inc links with his post

"The PS4 has support for both 110V/240V and uses a standard 2 prong input you'd find on a power supply for your laptop charger, So you'd only need to buy a cheap 2 prong to wall cord.

US: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0058FN6V2/?tag=neogaf0e-20

UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B006K3AD1W/ ------ I think this is wrong? shouldnt this be 2 prong to the PSU ?

What color is the light bar on the PS4 supposed to be? Mine is white most of the time but everything is working flawlessly. I thought it was supposed to be blue.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Remote play is Godlike. Sooooo happy remote play is working great straight out of the box it was a BIG factor in my PS4 purchase.

HMC

Can anyone who liked the Xbox 360 controller give their impressions of how the PS4 controller feels by comparison? It looks like they made plenty of improvements over the old design and I'm curious how people are liking it so far.

Hate the weight, feels too light without a battery pack.

Just seems hollow and cheap compared to 360 stick and I hate the triggers. Haven't used a DS in years though, Im sure i'll get used to it.

Top Bottom