• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

Here are the results of the browser test. I also took some screenshots a easteregg in Killzone but it seems you cant upload screen from that game.

BZIBw5yIMAEofnT.jpg:medium

editing for clearer pictures

tirminyl

So I looked out the window and saw a golf cart lugging around a little trailer with a ton of boxes in the back. It was like a flat pallet on wheels. It's raining outside and all the boxes were getting soaked. They weren't covered at all. I was like "Wtf? Noooo, it can't be..." but sure enough, he walks up to my house and leaves my amazon box at my door all soaked and soggy :/ at least he put a bag around it when he left it at the door.

Good news is the ps4 box isn't really that wet at all and MY PS4 IS HERE!!

WHAT!? I would murder someone. How do they think that's a good idea to do?

Timu

I'm about to get a PS4 within several hours, so I wonder if the update to 1.50 is safe or not as I'm hoping not many had problems with it. And I'll have it on a USB stick.

Curious to hear more impressions of fan noise - especially under load.

I read the spec chart which was impressive, but I've already heard one person say the fan is pretty loud.

My 120GB PS3 was a jet engine. =(

For the "Please Wait" PSN issue. I found this at the PS Community forums (Credits to Kikoshi)

1. Hold the Home button and turn off the PS4.
2.Turn it back on and you can skip this part.
3. Go to Settings and factory restore the settings, don't confuse this with Formating. Just restore its settings.
4. Enter everything again and things should work perfectly for you know

Worked for me.

this worked for me

Aeroangel

Banned
Can you check, if its possible to watch videos on http://www.southparkstudios.com/ ?

The website works fine, but videos don't play =( Just the adobe flash symbol shows up.

Youtube works!

However, putting a video or a webpage in full screen mode appears to cut off most of the screen? It's really weird and stupid.

On the plus side, easily able to pause netflix or a game, watch a video on youtube - then switch right back to netflix or the game without reopening the app =D

USC-fan

Banned
I'm about to get a PS4 within several hours, so I wonder if the update to 1.50 is safe or not as I'm hoping not many had problems with it. And I'll have it on a USB stick.

Mine just update fine. I havent seen many reported problems beside the server going down last night from traffic.

Everything been fine this morning.

Aeroangel

Banned
That's disappointing. I assume you're running a game in the background when you try it?

Oh no. I thought that at first as well. I tried closing everything and trying it, I tried restarting the system and going straight there. That's just what happens!

satori

So are people with full headsets able to connect them to the jack on the controller and get full game audio, as well as chat? Like can you use the mic?

I got some kicking headsets that I use for my pc gaming. Hook that shit up through the DS4 and it works amazingly. To me it's one of the best features of the ps4.

Btw my ps4 came and I was able to set it up without any hitch. That brief headache my brother and I went through with his did not happen to me thank goodness.

I am seriously happy right now, and so happy I took the next few days off.

By the way if you can, seriously think about updating via usb if you can....

Aeroangel

Banned
lol the PSN store is still slow to navigate... Not as terrible as on the PS3 but still kinda slugish.

Also it's not really well designed. For like 10min I thought it was not registering my PS+ sub when in fact I had to move OVER the big "Please subscribe to PS+" page that they show you even if you're already subbed.

I was confused by that at first, but now I think it's actually working as intended possibly. If you go to games, and view free games you can easily find the PS+ games. I don't think any discounted PS+ games are available yet.

Qwell

Well I went to bed with Warframe, Killzone, and Knack not yet downloaded or installed. They had given me a few messages saying "ready to install" but the progress bars on them had an X in the middle. And when I tried to press the X button on them, I would get an endless "installing application". I left the system on suspend last night hoping they would finish downloading and then auto installing but they didn't.

I ended up deleting the games and restarting the downloads. Warframe is finished and auto installed, Knack is almost finished installing and Killzone is about halfway. At least PSN speeds still seem to be nice and speedy for me.

Ricker

So I've heard that there's been issues with getting online, downloading updates, HDMI ports - what should I do as soon as I get it in a couple hours ? Plug in my own HDMI cable and stay offline ?

PSN is on and off...on it works great,took me 10 minutes to download and install Contrast but it randomnly goes into maintenance or a please wait phase where you can't even back out of it,you have to hit the PS button and turn off the PS4...I used the same HDMI that was hooked up to my PS3 through my Audio/video receiver(out of HDMI ports)so I dont know about the in box HDMI cable...the 1.50 update is no problem either...

Milennia

I got some kicking headsets that I use for my pc gaming. Hook that shit up through the DS4 and it works amazingly. To me it's one of the best features of the ps4.

Btw my ps4 came and I was able to set it up without any hitch. That brief headache my brother and I went through with his did not happen to me thank goodness.

I am seriously happy right now, and so happy I took the next few days off.

By the way if you can, seriously think about updating via usb if you can....

Good stuff, thanks.

Aeroangel

Banned
Do you get the mobile site? If so, then try using the preferences on the mobile site to disable gifs, avatars, etc.

I appreciate the tip, and will see if it's possible. =)

However this system is supposed to have 8GB of RAM right? And I can't go to that website?? Right now I'm posting on this ancient computer with 256MB of RAM and no issues =/

I mean maybe I'm being selfish, but I feel like my PS4 browsing experience should exceed my Wii U's browsing experience. Come on Sony!!!

NoTacos

Can you no longer stack PS Plus codes? Haven't been able to redeem any of the three codes I have..

Use the free 30 days code first. It'll ask for a debit/credit card number to be redeemed but you can delete it afterwards in the setting menu. After that use your 12 month sub and viola 13 months.

Crap... I mean I know the cable is working, so it can't be that... so it must be the port. Or something to do with the handshake between receiver and PS4? Guess I'll try it on a different tv directly in....

Do that. I have the same problem with my PS3. I can't get it to connect to my receiver, so I have to go to the TV directly. My 360 works fine, so I don't know if it's a PS3 issue or my receiver.

Aeroangel

Banned
Those playing with the browser:

Can anyone tell me when you put a webpage in full screen - does it cut off part of the webpage, and you aren't able to view that part??

And for youtube: I put a video in full screen, and I had to move around to see the full image.

Anyone else having those issues or is it just me and my TV? Thanks!

How does PSN credit work. If I bought a PSN store gift card from Amazon, can I redeem it on my PS3 and use some of the funds on PS4 if it's on the same account?

Joeki11a

Banned
Ok so is it best to have the PS4 on a Ethernet connection?, my wifi router is in the room.

Also can you setup a manual static wireless IP right away?, I need to know this so I can put PS4 on DMZ

Cheska

Use the free 30 days code first. It'll ask for a debit/credit card number to be redeemed but you can delete it afterwards in the setting menu. After that use your 12 month sub and viola 13 months.

See I already have PS Plus, I was just trying to extend it out a bit.

Smidget

Do that. I have the same problem with my PS3. I can't get it to connect to my receiver, so I have to go to the TV directly. My 360 works fine, so I don't know if it's a PS3 issue or my receiver.

No luck at all. PS4 directly into TV, just stays blue and nothing comes up. Tried it on my projector with receiver, directly into another TV, and directly into another TV. Nothing on all 3. Stays blue. Tried it with the same PS3 power cable too just in case. Tried it with 3x HDMI cables.

Jachaos

PSN is on and off...on it works great,took me 10 minutes to download and install Contrast but it randomnly goes into maintenance or a please wait phase where you can't even back out of it,you have to hit the PS button and turn off the PS4...I used the same HDMI that was hooked up to my PS3 through my Audio/video receiver(out of HDMI ports)so I dont know about the in box HDMI cable...the 1.50 update is no problem either...

Thanks !

Top Bottom