• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

Smidget

Did you check the hdmi port?

Yeah, it looks fine. It doesn't stick out like the Kotaku video at all and fits in snugly. Tried different 3 different HDMI cables, 2 TVs and a receiver to a projector... nothing. Just blue pulsing light. Tried to take out the HDD and let it boot into safe mode... nothing.

SHADES

Guys I bought Battlefield 4 Premium (PS3/PS4 crossbuy) during the spend 50/ get 10 deal, and Battlefield 4 on PS4 doesn't seem to recognize that I own it, it wants me to buy it again.

Anyone else getting this? Any suggestions?

I was certain Premium wasn't cross buy like 'last gen' but my friend reckons when he brought BF4 & Premium for 360 that it carried over also.

I'd ask on battlelog see if one of the mods know or call EA, good luck.

Purexed

Banned
Well the ugly underbelly of dealing with Amazon is the lack of a physical location...

Got my launch PS4 and it's DOA. HDMI port seems to be faulty, can't even get a signal to my televisions. Pissed...

DJ88

Question.

When buying digital, how come same games break up the download? NBA2K14 had two 20 GBish downloads going at the same time. When one finished it says it's ready to install but it just hangs on the installing application screen. When I downloaded Killzone, almost immediately said it was ready to install, but again, it just hung on the installing application screen. I'm guessing both games were ready to start playing while the rest downloaded, with NBA needing a much larger amount data to download first, but neither one ever gets passed the installing application message until the entire thing is finished downloading.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Smidget

Well the ugly underbelly of dealing with Amazon is the lack of a physical location...

Got my launch PS4 and it's DOA. HDMI port seems to be faulty, can't even get a signal to my televisions. Pissed...

Try a different HDMI cable if you have one. Mine froze nintendo 64 style, wouldn't boot with the pulsing blue light and changing the cable worked for some reason.

nero2082

isn't it repairable tho? if it's bent pins use little screwdriver to even them out

breaks my heart to read such posts :(

ptuck874

cannot start the application/ the ps4 is not connected to the internet and cannot verify the license for the application. uggggggggg, be careful gamesharing people!!!! giving me funky errors!!!! :( hopefully just first day jitters

bodine1231

Got worried and very fucking pissed when I got a text from UPS/Amazon that my package was delayed due to a train (wtf) but then 20 min later this shows up... GREATNESS!

IMAG0237_zpsfba5f1dd.jpg

Ok, did anybody get a ps4 from amazon...that works?

I did and it seems fine so far.

Currently downloading or trying to download DCUO. I can't tell if the download stalled out or not because I can't find any download / progress notification past the plain white progress bar. Anyone have any clues?

You sure premium was a crossbuy?

Yeah it is, I figured it out! I had preordered Premium on the PS3 but didn't "buy" the free download on PS3 after it was released, so it didn't show up. Just did that and now I'm good.

I was certain Premium wasn't cross buy like 'last gen' but my friend reckons when he brought BF4 & Premium for 360 that it carried over also.

I'd ask on battlelog see if one of the mods know or call EA, good luck.

See above, all good now.

Majanew

Banned
I have to say... Dualshock 4 is awesome. The sticks being a little farther apart means my thumbs no longer touch. The sticks have been given some slight resistance, and the triggers feel good -- has the same feel as 360's triggers when squeezed.

For the games, I'm a tad disappointed with the graphics. Both BF4 and KZSF have some aggressive LOD and more aliasing in the environment than I was expecting. I know launch and all, but it's noticeable when the LOD hits a few feet in front of your character.

My PS4 is relatively quiet, too. Sad that the light on PS4 stays white after the nice looking blue on boot-up. So far, no problems!

My Amazon PS4 works awesome. Picked mine up from the UPS Customer Center this morning.

Though I saw a guy in there all stressed out, also trying to pick up a package from Amazon and they didn't have it :( I think it was for the PS4 as well.

DogMeat77

Yes. Mine came from Amazon. I've been playing with it for a little over 3 hours now.

It took 2 tries to get the PSN account registered on the console. The 2nd time everything went through and I've stayed connected to PSN. I've downloaded a lot of stuff. Played a few hours of Killzone... which is bad ass by the way.

I'm downloading the updates to NBA2K14 now. Got my phone setup with it and just connected my VITA. Everything so far has been awesome.

It is so nice to be able to change virtually every console setting while still in game. I changed my RGB type, checked my PS Plus expiry date, no more having to close a game to navigate important settings.

Ok, I have a complaint.

Demos show up in my library even when they aren't installed. I don't like that. I downloaded the Trine 2 demo, deleted it and it's still there. Any way to get rid of it?

Not sure if anyone has posted yet but how are ye finding remote play at home lag / picture quality wise? also are there any latency measurements for direct connection yet?

prophecy0

Yeah, it looks fine. It doesn't stick out like the Kotaku video at all and fits in snugly. Tried different 3 different HDMI cables, 2 TVs and a receiver to a projector... nothing. Just blue pulsing light. Tried to take out the HDD and let it boot into safe mode... nothing.

When I initially hooked up my PS4 it pulsed blue for a while and gave no signal. I held the power for 7 seconds to let it turn off, then turned it back on, and I got the white light but still no signal. I then reseated the HDMI cable in my receiver and it worked perfectly. It seems like the PS4 is very finicky about HDMI handshakes.

It sounds like you've tried plenty of options to diagnose that though...

edit: I have an Amazon PS4.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Got worried and very fucking pissed when I got a text from UPS/Amazon that my package was delayed due to a train (wtf) but then 20 min later this shows up... GREATNESS!
I got the same message, except mine won't be here until Monday. It's just been sitting in Jackson, Mississippi since 10PM last night. They're not even trying to ship it any earlier, bunch of asshats.

Reule

WOW IT DOWNLOADED THE UPDATE BEFORE I EVEN TOLD IT TO WOWWW WOWWWW SHINY
Mine downloaded while I was setting up the time, it was crazy. When I first came to the main menu, notification came up saying the Firmware was ready to be installed.

Couple more questions:
1) Can Remote Play work directly over Bluetooth and NOT over Wi Fi?
2) What's with power supply? IS it 120v or 110-240v?
Thanks

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
I downloaded call of duty and hit install. Now it says installing application but there is no progress bar or time thingy or anything. Is that how it's supposed to be?

So I have to ask...For those that have the PS4...How is it?

Have you had that holy shit next gen moment yet??

Wondering if I should put the effort in to track one down in my area this weekend.

TheExodu5

Banned
The DS4 analog stick are by far the best I've ever used. I love the fact that there's pretty much zero deadzone. These things are incredibly precise.

Been playing with mine for about three hours now. It's everything I was hoping for. Only played killzone so far, and as someone who doesn't have a gaming PC, the graphics are blowing my mind. It's so sharp. Setup went smoothly, and the Ds4 is every bit as good as people claimed. I'm in heaven! Lol

BearPawB

Banned
Reinitialized my ps4. Only made things worse. Now getting an error e-fffffff couldn't start the application

And now another ce-34878 error. Awesome...

DogMeat77

I'm happy for you you got your PS4 but why would you buy 7 (!!!!) games at once?

LOL I bought 6 games because of the Target deal. I feel kind of shitty about it because I know I can't really play them all instantly... but B2G1 on a console launch was just too much to pass up. To make things worse, Super Mairo 3D World and A Link Between Worlds in a week. Yikes.

Thanks guys, good to hear. I won't be home when my PS4 arrives from amazon, so my asshole little cousin better not plug the HDMI port in like a bumbling idiot.

Question: Is there anyway you can have amazon ship it deliberately later? I get back home on the 2nd of december and it's set to arrive the 25th of november. And my little cousin really is going to fuck it up, he's 6 years old.

Milennia

Ps4 is here!!!

Turned on just fine, updating just fine so far, we will see how it is after the update.

Getting a preparing to install for some time now.

Top Bottom