• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

Smidget did. Still nothing.

Crossing my fingers for my Amazon order.

I would be interested to know if anyone's had a dead unit, then tried another ps4 on the same TV?
Hoping this is hdcp handshake issues, Sony have been working on that part of the firmware recently.

Thanks for the beta-test, America.

TheExodu5

Banned
So I have to ask...For those that have the PS4...How is it?

Have you had that holy shit next gen moment yet??

Wondering if I should put the effort in to track one down in my area this weekend.

As someone with a high end PC, I'm not being blown away graphically. Games look good, but outside of physics/particle effects, I'm not really seeing anything I haven't seen before.

That being said, I'm loving the system. The UI, the responsiveness, and precision of the controller...I really can't fault the PS4 for much right now.

Anyone having any luck getting a PS4 in stores at Kmart or anything this morning? I cannot believe my one from Amazon isn't working :/ I just want it for the weekend already and then get a full refund from Amazon at this point :/

I got one from Costco and they seemd to have quite a few of them

prophecy0

This will sound ridiculous, but I just tried the text input via gyroscope feature and it is freaking amazing! It's really sensitive, but once I got used to it (took a few seconds) I was typing in text way faster than using the analog sticks or d pad.

Vizzeh

Banned
Not bad for the UK :) Get the console on Tuesday.

Now gotta work out what exactly to do with my Killzone Megabundle (Will likely swap out the playstation and sell it for no profit to a guy in work)

shippingnow.jpg

So I have to ask...For those that have the PS4...How is it?

Have you had that holy shit next gen moment yet

Not quite. In fact I'm having a bit if buyers remorse.

I've bought kz, nba and Fifa. Beautiful games but kz is standard fair to me and I'm not sure buying a new console for the latter two warrants buying immediately. The UI and psn disappoint me personally. :(

graywolf323

has anyone been able to play while downloading a game? so far it just sits on the installing screen for me :-/

dunno if it's how slow the HDD in the system is or what

edit: oh I think the thing I was trying to install thinking it was the game was actually an update for the game that downloaded at the same time as the initial game download

they should explain that better

BearPawB

Banned
The error still occurs when not connected to psn and logged in as a guest? Am I the only one with this ce-34878 error?

It's just killzone. I can play need for speed and resogun

Vizzeh

Banned
How the fuck?!

There was a SMALL window this morning at 5am - I was up to watch the livestream, someone posted on GAF that Amazon had orders available, so I jumped on it. They sold quickly, like 20minutes.

Even with Import fee of £54 + £16 Priority shipping

The console still cost cheaper than in the UK @ £329

Seriously cant wait, booked wed off work :) (already had the 29th and 1st/2nd December for my killzone bundle)

cilonen

Not bad for the UK :) Get the console on Tuesday.

Now gotta work out what exactly to do with my Killzone Megabundle (Will likely swap out the playstation and sell it for no profit to a guy in work)

shippingnow.jpg

Watch out for import duty :(

I've been stung before.

Edit: ^^ Aha, all covered, good job :) I need to find out how to go into stasis for two weeks :/

Raoh

I just connected my PSN profile, if your having long wait times, back out and restart the connection.

A fresh psn sync request helped move things along. At least in my mind they did.

could someone explain how I do a 'fresh psn sync request' ?

(what steps starting from getting out of the please wait screen), thanks

I just hit the back button (circle button) it basically took my back to the profile screen where I could start over.

I also setup all my devices to be static IP entering my dns servers etc myself. My ps4 took over my ps3 slims IP that is on DMZ, my second ps3 that is the office ps3 has a static ip as well with ports open to psn etc.

I keep getting psn is down for maintenance error but then i'm still logged on. I did go ham after the psn sync and downlaoded all the PS+ games as well my my apps like amazon and netflix, so I started multiple downloads during a heavy traffic time which i really should have done.

All in all I'm pretty much all set and ready to start playing my first PS4 game after I try the playroom.

Really saddened that Driveclub got delayed now.

anddo0

How does the audio settings work, am I supposed to get sound through the tv and surround sound?
When I select optical audio, it works. However, I continue to get audio through the tv as well.

I never had this issue with PS3.

About 5-8. Download was super quick.

Downloading over 3 hours for me. My home internet is quick so I went the USB way and it took less than 5 minutes between turning off the system and restarting.

Damn, wonder if mine is locked up on install. I had it on USB, and just went through the steps of installing (didn't ask for location, just said "it's been found") and then it went dim, blue light is pulsing and it's been about 15 minutes like that with nothing on screen (like no signal being sent).

Naudi

Banned
Well wife and I had a good time in line last night, met some cool gamers! My boys have been playing Knack for a couple hours, they sound like they are having a blast. Just need 1 more cup of coffee before i take over ;)

Saberus

Thanks! For some reason my controller didn't charge when it was off last night.

I thought it was supposed to charge when powered off?

Think you need to have the ps4 set for standby.. its in the options.. but I could be wrong, waiting for mine to arrive today to check this out.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Is PSN up? Trying to download the update directly but it won't start, connection test is successful though

Nevermind grabbing now

torontoml

Just turned mine on, downloaded update just fine, but now it has said "preparing to install" for about 5 min. Any suggestions?

Edit: tried again seems to be going OK now.

Mine locked up the first time I tried to update it on the install screen, but I rebooted the PS4 and it updated fine the second time. Everything downloads crazy fast, but then installs way slower. I hope it isnt some kind of HDD problem. It took 3 minutes to download the 1st level of KZ:SF, but then it took close to 30 minutes to install it.

Got my PS4 hooked up, all is well. Updating now. Only thing I'm noticing that might be a little "off" is that when the PS4 is cycling its boot/rebooting, there's a very audible click when it first comes on, sounds like the power supply flicking on. Anyone else getting this? Normal?

prophecy0

Anyone having issues logging into PSN:

Try backing out, then signing in again. It worked for me on the second try. Results not guaranteed.

I had no issues downloading and installing the system update, so I can't offer any advice there. I recommend that you do NOT unplug the system!

Var

It seems like it is taking forever for UPS to deliver mine. On the plus side, my copy of Killzone was estimated to be here on Monday but its out for delivery now.

We could probably use a PS4 tips and tricks threads, or at least a place with basic QA stuff is laid out in one place.

Seems like there are a ton of little changes.

So headsets... My x31's aren't working for some reason. It connects to the controller with a cord so I'm not sure why they aren't working. Works on my PC with the 2.5 to 3.5 adapter cord I have to make it fit the DS4 so... I thought these were gonna work? It's not bluetooth.

Top Bottom