• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

Kevitivity

I woke up this morning to find my pre-ordered PS4 at my door! I plugged it in and everythig appears to be fine. I was able to install the update and I can navigate the main menu. Can't sgn in to PSN because the network is probably overloaded - to be expected.

Howerver, the light on my PS4 never lights up. It's just dark, no white, or blue. is this normail, or should it always be lit when powered on?

Derrick01

Banned
I'm seriously pissed now. I checked UPS' tracking and they don't even have it as being sent from wherever their main pickup was, just that they received the info and are waiting for it to arrive at their facility.

Maybe it's a good thing since PSN is going to be crushed for a while but I at least want to know where the damn thing is.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I'm really blown away by how great the controller is. I'm so glad they "borrowed" the idea of the speaker from the Wii remote. It's a fantastic idea.

As for the graphics, I'm kind of meh. NBA2K14 looks great, as does some parts of Kance, but nothing mindblowing. I'll be getting NFS tomorrow, though, which I hear looks great.

USC-fan

Banned
I'm really blown away by how great the controller is. I'm so glad they "borrowed" the idea of the speaker from the Wii remote. It's a fantastic idea.

As for the graphics, I'm kind of meh. NBA2K14 looks great, as does some parts of Kance, but nothing mindblowing. I'll be getting NFS tomorrow, though, which I hear looks great.

Should check out killzone. Looks amazing.

Makki

Finally made it through the PSN login after many errors just to get stuck trying to load the avatars. I DONT GIVE A HOOT ABOUT AN AVATAR JUST LET ME PLAY D:

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
How do I use the gyro (or is it lightbar?) to type on the in-game keyboards?

ElRenoRaven

Well Got my return label printed to return my Amazon order. Not even going to bother dealing with 45 plus minute wait on hold to talk to Sony. Seriously don't know what I'm going to do. I may just be done with this gen before it starts.

Boke1879

I'm seriously pissed now. I checked UPS' tracking and they don't even have it as being sent from wherever their main pickup was, just that they received the info and are waiting for it to arrive at their facility.

Maybe it's a good thing since PSN is going to be crushed for a while but I at least want to know where the damn thing is.

Yup. I got the same thing. Not only did amazon change my date from the 15th to the 16th, but when I go to check my tracking on FedEx it says it's still at their facility with no estimated time for delivery.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
I woke up this morning to find my pre-ordered PS4 at my door! I plugged it in and everythig appears to be fine. I was able to install the update and I can navigate the main menu. Can't sgn in to PSN because the network is probably overloaded - to be expected.

Howerver, the light on my PS4 never lights up. It's just dark, no white, or blue. is this normail, or should it always be lit when powered on?

Yes, mine is a solid white light when I was playing

I've been spinning at "Please wait..." just trying to get to PSN for about an hour now.

Try turning your system completely off (not standby) then back on then signing in. Worked for me. Or it could have been a random sequence of events that ended in positivity. But hey, can't hurt to try.

After damn near 2 hours of waiting...They finally connected me to support and I'll get my Box within 3-5 business days...*Sigh* I'm so fucking disappointed.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Can anyone login to psn. I can't
After damn near 2 hours of waiting...They finally connected me to support and I'll get my Box within 3-5 business days...*Sigh* I'm so fucking disappointed.
How did your system die? Damn man that is some shit.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Well Got my return label printed to return my Amazon order. Not even going to bother dealing with 45 plus minute wait on hold to talk to Sony. Seriously don't know what I'm going to do. I may just be done with this gen before it starts.
You'd rather wait for Amazon to receive your console and ship you a new one then stay on hold for help from Sony? Try calling them again, put them on speaker phone, and get some stuff done while you wait for them to finally get to you. They might be able to help!

AlphaK

This is my first time using the controller and it feels really fucking good.

I'm getting a lot of issues with the servers right now which is a bummer.

OrigiNull

Try turning your system completely off (not standby) then back on then signing in. Worked for me. Or it could have been a random sequence of events that ended in positivity. But hey, can't hurt to try.

Already tried with no luck. I'm just gonna grab some food and try again in a bit

Makki

I have become an expert at entering letters with the sixaxis sensor thanks to psn shitting the bed. I wish there was a remember password for first time log in lol

Top Bottom