• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I need to log into PSN to set up my Vita as a second screen? WTF?
It's probably so you can't give a friend remote access to your PS4. They want to make sure YOU'RE the one accessing it.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
I Downloaded and installed all of my games remotely using the PS Web Store while at work. I hope the games are ready once I get home.

Brashnir

Got the console, downloaded the patch, which was nice and fast, and yet now I can't sign into PSN, create an account or do anything, really.

I didn't get any retail games, so I guess I now have a nice paperweight until this decides to work.

ElRenoRaven

You'd rather wait for Amazon to receive your console and ship you a new one then stay on hold for help from Sony? Try calling them again, put them on speaker phone, and get some stuff done while you wait for them to finally get to you. They might be able to help!

No. I'm just getting my money back. I honestly at this point don't even know if I'll buy a next gen console be it another PS4 or what. I'm just going to sit back and calm down before I make any real rash decisions.

I got home last night at 1:30 am eastern, and was able to run the update just fine, took maybe a minute. But I wasn't able to connect to PSN to link my profile, so after multiple tries I gave up and went to bed. I'll be home by 7, sucks if PSN is still impossible to access. I want to try Res0gun!

grave_danger

Neo Member
Man, trying to determine if I should pick up NFS or Assassin's Creed as my third game.

I've probably spent the majority of my PS3 gaming time in racing games, but I also like sailboats....

Wait... what happens if you can't connect to PSN? What can you do offline? It sounds like some people can't play offline when PSN is down. Is this because you need to have an initial patch to allow it? Or do you need to have a successful login before you can play offline? What's the deal?

Gaz_RB

PSN is down. If I played games logged off, will my trophys sinc to my account when I log in?

They did for me. Beat the first level of killzone offline with user 1 because I couldn't log in, then it saved everything from that account when I signed in

My heart is going to be racing when I get ready to hit the power button for the first time............

This. At first I tried turning it in with a plugged in ds4 but that did nothing. I was like wait is there a power switch on the back and as soon as I moved it, instantly it started beeping like a mad man. Scared the shit out of me. After that I found the tiny power on the front. -.- plus 1 to not reading the manual!

Paskil

Can't login to PSN to get Contrast and Resogun. That's all I have so far. Snagged them on the web store this morning. Thinking about going out and snagging retail KZ:SF.

Gaz_RB

Wait... what happens if you can't connect to PSN? What can you do offline? It sounds like some people can't play offline when PSN is down. Is this because you need to have an initial patch to allow it? Or do you need to have a successful login before you can play offline? What's the deal?

you can play offline just fine without going online at all

SRTtoZ

PSN back up? It just logged me in.

I'm seriously pissed now. I checked UPS' tracking and they don't even have it as being sent from wherever their main pickup was, just that they received the info and are waiting for it to arrive at their facility.

Maybe it's a good thing since PSN is going to be crushed for a while but I at least want to know where the damn thing is.

Tracking can be very iffy. When I bought my last laptop it didnt even say shipped and it arrived at my door.

Grinchy

Banned
Yes! My PS4 finally got here. I had the update file on a USB drive but didn't really see an option to use it so I'm letting it download. The download is going fast though, about 2 minutes in and 260MB downloaded.

AlphaK

PSN currently undergoing maintenance.

ugggggggggh.....guess i should've known there'd be some console launch chaos. :(

At least my ps4 isn't broken, that has to suck for some people.

I have become an expert at entering letters with the sixaxis sensor thanks to psn shitting the bed. I wish there was a remember password for first time log in lol

Holy shit this was me around 1:00AM last night

What I eventually did is put in Knack, and on my laptop next to me I kept it on this site.
https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/237

Just keep refreshing it to see when it's back up. It'll save you a headache.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Stupid question but ill be able to log onto ps4 psn with my ps3 psn account right? I dont have to make a new account or anything?

Top Bottom