• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

Guess I learned my lesson for preordering digitally. Got the system all set up but I cannot sign into PSN, so I can't download my games. Guess I'll have to play in the Playroom until this crap gets fixed.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
The lightbars are fucking awesome. Also, my second controller didn't actually come with a second charger.....
They don't come with cables. Only one with the console. You can get cables cheap as hell from amazon or monoprice though.
Stupid question but ill be able to log onto ps4 psn with my ps3 psn account right? I dont have to make a new account or anything?
Yes

Patryn

Just realized that if you skip the PSN login screen, you can link a local account with your PSN account later and start playing offline.

I'm an idiot, but at least I can start playing games.

Giggzy

To those who have theirs set up -- how loud is the fan? My system is really quiet -- I'm a little worried the slight whirring I hear is just the HDD ... and, with these reports of fans not running ...

I can't really hear mine either. I hope its working! Lol

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I'm extremely surprised GAF isn't going down most of today considering NeoGAF's servers didn't handle the Wii U launch well at all.

Maybe it's just the difference between sunday and friday.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I have become an expert at entering letters with the sixaxis sensor thanks to psn shitting the bed. I wish there was a remember password for first time log in lol
How do you use the gyro to type? It's not working for me.

Moofers

Balls, I can't get logged into PSN. I know its down, but I just got my system and have been watching my friend stream BF4 for hours. I wanna play too!

RedAssedApe

Banned
I'm really sad that that there are no back usb ports :(

I have a usb powered headset that needs to be plugged into the PS4 to use voice chat and it just looks really ugly when you have to wrab a usb cable around the front of the ps4 to plug into the wireless receiver :( :( :(

#firstworldproblems

why is it that when I download the patch

it just stays on "preparing to install"

and never does

installing doesn't require connection whats up?

If you are trying under Notifications>Downloads, back out to main menu and access System Update from the Settings menu. Worked for me when I had the same problem

Grinchy

Banned
That gyro typing was sweet. I'm glad I was in this thread to see that.

The update downloaded so damn fast but like everyone else, now I can't log in.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Do you have to click R3 to use tilt typing every time the keyboard pops up?

bebop242

Just signed off after a Warframe session. Hearing all these connection problems, I wish I didn't. Since I'm all digital, it took a few hours to set up and download everything, but I'm glad I was able to do it before the after work/school crush tonight.

My vita remote play has been kinda frustrating, but when it works its cool.

Moofers

For those of you who signed into PSN, did you let it sit there for 10 minutes or more until it just finally got you in? Or did it immediately work?

Mine is sitting at the "please wait" screen. Tempted to back out, but I don't want to if I could just hang tight and eventually make it in.

Giggzy

How quiet are your consoles? I can't really hear anything, just slight noise, but that might be the HDD? Can you hear your fan clearly?0

I'm still stuck at work for the next two hours, but with PSN being down does it affect being able to play SP games? I've got ACIV ready to go. I'd really like to play Resogun, but I'll wait it seems.

Install design for games seem to be all over the place. NBA2k14 offers you what is basically a demo until the game is fully installed. Killzine lets you jumpin to the single player relatively fast while it installs in the bbackground. Same with BF4. I was able to do pretty much everything in COD fairly quickly. I think Need for Speeds tutorial is so long that you don't notice the install.

Resogun had to download everytgibg before it would run for me while Contrast allowed installation after a small percentage was downloaded.

It's an interesting new feature of current gen abd I'm curious to see how it evolves over time.

Doesn't Sony know that Americans are many things, but patient ain't one of them...lol. The soothing music is also now driving me nuts...

Tobor

This controller lives up got the hype. It's the best controller I've ever used, and I was a fan of the 360 controller.

Top Bottom