• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

Anival

Banned
Wait has psn been down all day or people can't sign in? Happened to me last night but eventually it signed me on after 6 tries. I was play killzone online from 11am to 3pm, idk if it went down or not.

You've got to brace yourself for launch day growing pains, that's why I downloaded updates before this thing launched. PSN getting hammered was always a possibility.

Now how long it lasts determines how bad this situation actually is.

Violater

Please wait.

Yup this is a diff please wait, no circle to exit on the screen.
LLShC.gif
Wellcome to Next Gen Grace Chen
LLShC.gif

Edit: Fuck nope

SRTtoZ

I took a few gorgeous screenshots of a Tyson Chandler mean dunk that id like to share with GAF but cant seem to upload it even though I'm connected to PSN.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
just got it, gripped the controller, HHHHNNNNGGGGG

Banderas.gif

Yep, honestly this was my favorite part so far of this new console launch I specifically did not touch demo stations because I wanted to experience it for the first time with MY PRECIOUS. It just feels so damn good.

adixon

Just got into psn on the second try, patch download is taking 15 or 20 mins. (Said 15 but I think it's going slower.)

Controller feels real good.

*edit* oh is the update server completely different and not having problems? Guess I'll see in a bit.

RangersFan

Is my Plus account supposed to transfer automatically to my ps4 from ps3? The plus section of the PSN store is still asking me to buy it.

DoomGyver

Wait has psn been down all day or people can't sign in? Happened to me last night but eventually it signed me on after 6 tries. I was play killzone online from 11am to 3pm, idk if it went down or not.

Naw it's just been spotty. I was just playing a Killzone match and most of the people got kicked.

PSN is up for me.

Floex

Impressions: The controller is fantastic. Even coming from the 360 (although I have owned every Playstation)

I am a little disappointed in the OS. Everything is still so manual. Trophies need to sync, installs are not automatic. It really is just a cleaned up version of the PS3 OS plus sharing.

Really disappointing to hear :( Seriously, why do we still have to sync trophies....

Brashnir

It downloaded the update fine but I can't log in? Is the update on a different server or something?

Same thing happened to me. Who knows, nobody at Sony is saying anything.

They have 80 million PS3s out there. You'd think their servers could handle a couple hundred thousand people logging in and trying to use PSN. .

Guys, I applied the update, and now my machine is just pulsating blue. pressing the power or ps button on the controller does nothing. should i try unplugging the console and hope it powers on? it's been doing this for 10 minutes now...

SRTtoZ

I know its Launch day, I get it, but going forward this cannot be a problem because we are paying for this service now. It was excusable when it was free...

Brashnir

Guys, I applied the update, and now my machine is just pulsating blue. pressing the power or ps button on the controller does nothing. should i try unplugging the console and hope it powers on? it's been doing this for 10 minutes now...

If I had to guess, I'd say you're fucked. :(

CF22

I was able to sign in at about 1 or 2 and have been signed in since then, however the PS Store is hit or miss when trying to download a game or watch a trailer.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.

No I don't think you should try that, Hillzone.

Wait it out, or try long pressing the power button.

Slime

Banned
Played mine for a couple hours (Knack! It's fun!), and I love the new controller. So comfy. I don't want to let go.

I just wish I could connect to PSN. Can't seem to make any progress with the update. Downloads a few megs, says it's going to take 7-10 hours, and then after a few minutes I get a "Cannot download." Weak.

EvB

PSY・S;90038621 said:
Does anyone know? I don't know if I should start playing now or wait it out.

I'm sure somebody in the thread said you could link a local account with an online one.

coldfoot

Banned
I'm willing to take your wager.
Sure thing, the reason PSN can't easily or quickly catch up to XBL is the same reason Apple couldn't catch up to Google Maps. It takes time and lots of money to build a network, Most of PS3's lifetime Sony invested as little as possible on PSN, whereas XBL has always been the center for Xbox. I don't like the Xbone or MS paywall, but it is what it is. MS has massively overbuilt capacity on their Azure network, whereas Sony just recently acquired Gaikai and began to build a proper network.

Also, lower quantities of Xbone produced and sold will make it easier.

I've tried to sign in 20 times to PSN and no luck.

Top Bottom