• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

Here's one for you folks.

Let's say I rent a game and I really enjoy it. The game is installed on my system. I return the game and decide to purchase it digitally - will I have to redownload the game?

If the answer is no then I might just do that as my connection is poor for large d/l's but I want a digital library.

Moosehole

I'm sure someone has already noticed this, but:

I was just messing around in AR Bots in Playroom, and I swiped down on the dpad to "go inside" the controller... Clicked and held down the touchpad and the PS1 bootup sound played! Did it again and the PS2 bootup sound played!

Mind=blown.

Mononoke

Banned
I've yet to have trouble with PSN today. But to be fair, I spent an hour early on downloading everything. Then spent most of my time in SP (for Killzone). Was able to hop on MP with no issue. Also playing COD Ghost MP.

So far so good.

Grinchy

Banned
Holy bag of dicks, Batman. Killzone looks insane! I actually had to pause it just to come back here and say that. I keep getting yelled at to move along, but I just want to stare at things haha

Here's one for you folks.

Let's say I rent a game and I really enjoy it. The game is installed on my system. I return the game and decide to purchase it digitally - will I have to redownload the game?

If the answer is no then I might just do that as my connection is poor for large d/l's but I want a digital library.
I believe the answer to this is yes, you'd have to redone load the game. I think it was on a FAQ somewhere.

Jomjom

Banned
Outside of that and the issues with PSN, so very happy with my PS4. NBA 2K14 is very good. BTW...Don't pass up on Knack, it is a very good game, but should be played on Hard or you will just blow right through it.

I second this. Knack on Hard is actually a really fun and challenging game.

Juice

With PSN down and me, wanting to play with my PS4, are there any B&M deals on disc-based games? Want to just run out and buy one.

StoopKid

I'm sure someone has already noticed this, but:

I was just messing around in AR Bots in Playroom, and I swiped down on the dpad to "go inside" the controller... Clicked and held down the touchpad and the PS1 bootup sound played! Did it again and the PS2 bootup sound played!

Mind=blown.

wee-bey-gif.gif

I'm willing to take your wager.
I'm on his side, Microsoft does this stuff so much better. Xbox Live is the gold (sorry) standard when it comes to this. I bet their launch goes a lot smoother than this. It REALLY needs to because those consoles are basically shipping as bricks that need to connect to Live in order to function at all.

npa189

Do your discs look like this?
If so, then I think I know the problem

ConicalSandingDiscs_l.jpg

very funny.

It just seems to be taking a disc in or out, just sounds like shitty plastic gears or something, otherwise everything is 100%. I might be buying the warranty on the PSN...

Pop

Google Play Store or the iTunes store doesn't go down when new hardware is launched, just saying. And iPhones sell a shit ton more than consoles.

Sorry, PSN is a second tier network compared to the big boys.

Where is this coming from?

I've had no issues with Psn besides when signing in the first time. Fast downloads as well. And I've had plenty of itunes crap when trying to update iphones. Either very slow or an error occurs much like the Psn. Hmm...

PSN still isn't recognizing new PS Plus memberships. The PS App recognizes it and allows you to download free PS Plus games and add to queue, but once installed it's locked and can't be booted.

welp i may not get my console but its not so bad seeing how i may not be able to have downloaded my games even if i did have it ! Makes the sting a little less hurtful.

DoomGyver

Shut mine down for the first time in ~8 hours and I haven't heard the dreaded "crack" that my original ps3 slim makes when it's cooling off.

I can't get over the design of this console, vertical is definitely the way to go.

Kovet

If i get the new Firmware via USB could i connect to the psn easier?

Journal entry #265

-- Still no UPS man. I question my sanity, as I have begun flinching towards the front door upon hearing anything resembling a large vehicle passing by. My time might be near, but the unknowing leaves me with a feeling of unease I have to this point never truly known. I remain vigilant .

LMAO how i felt from 10-5 today

MilkBeard

Killzone is amazing. Polygon are out of their minds.

Game plays solidly as well. I've only beaten the first mission so far, so the quality of the game could drop. But it's hard for me to say that this is anywhere near a 5/10 so far. I think Gies just hates Killzone games for whatever reason.

I'm playing on normal, and I've died quite a lot, but this is my first time playing a Killzone game and it took me a while to acclimate to the style and the tech controls. But each problem had a solution and an angle that I could take to beat it, so no problems yet. I wonder what difficulty the press played the game on.

Brashnir

Wow. I finally got past the "Please Wait" screen after an hour and a half, and was greeted with a screen that I had to update my profile, which included 3 or 4 more screens of picking options. I clicked through them all as fast as I could, and at the end, "Failed to save settings. network Unavailable."

Get kicked back to login screen. "Please Wait."

What a bucket of fuck.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Still at work for at least another 4 hours. My boss wants to leave at 7 so we can all go home and play PS4. Lol. He wants to leave earlier, but the folks even higher up than him more than likely won't let us. Lol.

My only concern is the system functioning properly. I'm not terribly worried about the failure rate, but I always get that first day jitters when I buy a console, whether it's day one, or months later.

I did get a defective PS2 back in the day. Everything worked fine, but it would freeze after a short period of use. I ended up having to take it back the next day, which sucked. My PS3, on the other hand, didn't have any problems, but it did eventually die when Fallout 3 came out, thanks to my wife playing it non-stop for hours on end. Then Fallout: New Vegas broke my second PS3. So I put a ban on Bethesda games on my PlayStation. She now plays the Fallout games and Skyrim on our PC, which she loves, because she can mod it to hell and back.

HORRORSHØW

Finally got mine from Amazon. Set up the console flawlessly, but can't do much with PSN being down. Oh well. Maybe I'll get a game in later tonight.

Top Bottom