• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

Reule

PSN still isn't recognizing new PS Plus memberships. The PS App recognizes it and allows you to download free PS Plus games and add to queue, but once installed it's locked and can't be booted.
Not sure if it'll help but try going to Settings>PSN>Restore Licenses.

I had an error when I tried confirming Resogun in the store, when I downloaded it and installed it was locked. After doing the above, it unlocked and played it just fine.

bob page

It's here!

sddefault.jpg

Got everything going and set up, played some DCUO which looks great compared to the PS3 version.

A few things-- the light on the controller is pretty annoying. Any way to turn this off? I couldn't find one.

Really wish they had official headsets working on day one. That little mic thing really sucks.

Has anyone had luck syncing bluetooth devices at all? I tried two different keyboards but no luck =/

SRTtoZ

Even if people can sign in, its still fucked because I cant upload a single screenshot, just the "PLEASE WAIT LOL" loop.

Scuderia

I've a question regarding sharing that i can't seem to find the answer to. Can you view your friends saved videos/screenshots on your own PS4 or is it just via the various social media sites?

This morning it said PSN or "SEN" was down but I was able to sign in and download games just fine. In the afternoon I was able to download warframe. Not sure if it's actually down right now though

legacyzero

Banned
The time has come! Finally I get to go unbox this puppy! We're going to stream the unboxing live on Twitch, and then ATTEMPT to connect to PSN. We'll also answer questions the best we can.

Www.twitch.tv/dustfungo

We start at 7 central here in an hour.

Juice

So does that mean if you're setting up your console for the first time you can't sign into PSN?

I'm just confused, other than not being able to get into any BF4 games I've had no issues.

If you aren't signed in, you can't sign in. And if you can't sign in, all you can do is play discs.

When I first got my system, I tried to log on maybe 10 times (just kept retrying). gave it a bit of a break, (10 minutes) then tried, and I have been online ever since. That was at 12 noon. It is now 7PM.

Played some addictive ass Resogun.
Played up to Chapter 4 of KZ:SF
Downloaded Warframe and Contrast
Been in party chats and KZ multi matches all day.

Top of my system is warm, bottom is cool.

Silent as a Mofo.

This system is top tier indeed.

KZ:SF multi is a shit ton of fun guys.

Boke1879

We are PAYING for this shit now Sony, get it together!

While I agree with this. It is day 1. The servers are being hammered. I would honestly be shocked if the Xbox 1 launched without a hitch next week.

That being said though. stuff like this can't be routine for Sony. We ARE paying for this stuff. The only linger of doubt I think people have with Sony is their online infrastructure. They HAVE to put the money into a stable network. Especially with so many coming from the 360 over to PS4

imperium

Downloading the patch and installation was a breeze. No luck with PSN fro the last couple of hours. Finally was able to connect a short while ago but got booted from the server setting up the privacy options. Now I'm back to not being able to log in. Give me my Resogun damn it.

Anyone know if the AC4 resolution patch is up? It's a nice looking game but the shimmering is slightly annoying.

Brashnir

Also, would it be too much for the system to SAVE my login info so I don't have to re-enter it every fucking time your network fails to respond?

What a piece of shit this thing is.

Phreak47

I've managed to sign in a few times, but it never makes it all the way through the setup process without dumping me out and making me start over.

Hook up a keyboard, kids... you might be entering your credentials many times before this clears up.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I'm getting a new error now. Honestly I'm frustrated. Just let me login and link my account.

Ive entered my username and password upwards of 20 times now.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
So while my PS4 is on the light is a steady white color. Is that normal? is it supposed to be blue?

The system operates fine and outputs to games and interface with the TV just fine at 1080p or otherwise when capable. Just thought the white light meant something is bad...

I was able to sign in, but it took at least 10 tries. I kept getting network errors at various times during the sign in process. I was able to activate it as my primary PS4, but think I will wait to try to download anything

Mondy

Banned
Got everything going and set up, played some DCUO which looks great compared to the PS3 version.

A few things-- the light on the controller is pretty annoying. Any way to turn this off? I couldn't find one.

Really wish they had official headsets working on day one. That little mic thing really sucks.

Has anyone had luck syncing bluetooth devices at all? I tried two different keyboards but no luck =/

Electrical tape.

Megasoum

Banned
I'm on his side, Microsoft does this stuff so much better. Xbox Live is the gold (sorry) standard when it comes to this. I bet their launch goes a lot smoother than this. It REALLY needs to because those consoles are basically shipping as bricks that need to connect to Live in order to function at all.

Oh sure...except for the 2 years in a row where XBL was completely down for almost a week during holidays.

Haint

Disappointing that they somehow handle GTA or CoD launches on 80 million PS3's, but crash under a few hundred thousand PS4's.

Top Bottom