• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

DJ88

I'm dumb. How can I tell if a game is installed or not?

I've seen a few people ask this. Idk if this applies to the disc version too, but to check how much of my digital games have installed I go to Settings > Storage Management. Find the game there and wait a couple seconds it'll show you how much of the game is installed.

4:19 PM...
UPSSS COME OUT AND PLAYYYY
warriors.gif

KungFucius

King Snowflake
Fucking Sony. They won't let me enter the promo codes on a PC yet the fucking PSN network is down. Great move dickwads. Who gives a shit if a non PS4 owner used them if it makes life a little more annoying for a paying customer?

Got it home, plugged everything in. Downloaded the update in about 30 seconds, rebooted twice and I'm in.

The UI is pixelated - maybe the Bravia issue another user had? - and of course I can't connect to PSN worth a damn.

I guess all things considered thats a success.

Calcium

Banned
I played PS4 for about 8 hours today. My time was split pretty evenly between Killzone, Ghosts and Resogun. I'm enjoying all three of them and the PS4 UI itself is excellent. Other than a few extended "Please Wait..." screens while setting everything up it is running smoothly.

My only real complaint is the constant white bar while the system is running. It just seems like blue would have been a better choice.

Yoday

While I agree with this. It is day 1. The servers are being hammered. I would honestly be shocked if the Xbox 1 launched without a hitch next week.

That being said though. stuff like this can't be routine for Sony. We ARE paying for this stuff. The only linger of doubt I think people have with Sony is their online infrastructure. They HAVE to put the money into a stable network. Especially with so many coming from the 360 over to PS4
Yeah, I wouldn't worry to much. This surely just day one issues. I was up all last night downloading all of my games and the network was extremely fast. I downloaded all 200GB of my games in about eight hours or so, and PSN maxed out my 60Mb/s bandwidth (doing the math it averaged just under 7MB/s).

We are bound to have connectivity issues for a the first few days, but after that it should be pretty smooth sailing with fast downloading.

Dartastic

Tried to boot into Warframe, and it hard locked my PS4. I just unplugged it, and it went to safe mode. Scary. It's booting back up now, but seems to be fine.

Was signed in for a solid 15 minutes, now getting a message about "Sony Entertainment Network is currently undergoing maintenance"

That was a magically 15 minutes though

I_Am_CC

Waited all day for UPS to deliver my PS4. Finally arrived at 6:15. Hooked it up and it appears I have a bricked console. FUCK

j-wood

Yep, that asshole. I hope he learns his lesson for yelling at me.

I have been playing for about 45 mins and I can't even hear my PS4. Though, my PC is in the same room and I'm sitting at it, so that could be why. PS4 definitely not loud though.

Man...should I be worried?

TAS

Finally got everything done. At one point I was so frustrated I was on the verge of smashing something lol. Question: Is it safe/better to leave the system in standby mode? If the system is off can it still receive automatic updates?

D4rkShaDoWz

Neo Member
Hey guys, maybe one of you can help me out:

I updated my PS4 to 1.50 through my USB stick and I'm on the latest firmware. Like most of you, I cannot log into PSN. Is there any problem with opening up my games and installing them while the PSN is down? Just so I'm ready for whenever PSN decides to go online. And are these installs tied to a specific user?

Thanks so much.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
I used assassin creed's dlc portal in the game to redeem some content codes including the injustice ps3 to ps4 code. Then I used the mobile app to add the download to my ps4. A workaround but at least now I'm downloading injustice!

AmyS

Haven't played Killzone yet, how is it? First game in the series for me.

Also, I'd really like to know if Need For Speed can be downloaded from PSN and if so, how much?

Cess007

So quick Q. Is there a way to save my PSN identity login info I don't have to friggin' re-enter ALL the details everything every time I want to try to see if PSN is up?

Press R3 to change to Motion Sensor input on the keyboard. When putting your email, if will show you the last words you input on that area (your email); it just works there, for password, yeah, you've to enter it manually each time you try.

Revengineer

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck yeaaaah.

First thing done - replace HDD with 7200 WD Black

Second thing done - boot successfully into safe mode and successfully reinitialize PS4 from USB

So far, so damn good

Addy

Neo Member
Setup went smooth, 1.50 downloaded and updated. Cannot log into PSN, but 8 y/o daughter and friend having a blast with playroom.

Hahaha. Dammit. The one time I got it to get past the "Please wait" and I get an error saying I put my password in wrong.

I know exactly where I screwed it up, too.

Cross posting in here since it got lost in the shuffle of the troubleshooting thread.

Just to be clear, when I pick mine up on Thursday...

Do you guys suggest booting it up not connected to the internet, turning it off, then booting into Safe Mode to install via USB or should I just boot it into safe mode the first time I turn it on and install there?

Not sure if it'll help but try going to Settings>PSN>Restore Licenses.

I had an error when I tried confirming Resogun in the store, when I downloaded it and installed it was locked. After doing the above, it unlocked and played it just fine.

Awesome, it worked! Thanks.

The PSN store is still not showing any PS Plus recognition, but downloading from the PS App then restoring seems to work fine for now.

Darksol

Question: Is it safe/better to leave the system in standby mode? If the system is off can it still receive automatic updates?

Matter of preference, but I prefer standby (just like I never turn my PC off).

System can download/install updates in standby as well as charge controllers. Can't do any of that if your system is truly off.

Also, never unplug a system in standby.

jordn613

Unconfirmed Member
Playing AC4 and the disc drive is making this whiRRRiWHirrr noise, like it's going up, then down. Anyone else experience anything like this? It's definitely loud enough to be noticeable too often and doesn't seem right.

Downhome

Awesome. If you hit the three little dots on keyboard you can select and copy your email address then just paste it when you need to type it in again.

Top Bottom