• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

phierce

So, just to make sure before I give it away, the 30 day free ps+ code, included with PS4, can't be used on existing accounts, right? No work around it anything?

jordn613

Unconfirmed Member
Something definitely aint right with this disc drive. Its like a tiny click and a whirrr up, then a tiny click and a whirrr down.

rataven

I've always wondered if the delivery guys have any idea as to what's in the packages they're dropping off, at least in cases of big release day items like the PS4. But I'm pretty darn sure mine knew, since he went to the trouble of hiding it under my porch and covering it with my doormat. Good guy.

Shady859

Heads up to people wanting/begging (not so much his thread) the 30 day trial requires a credit card. I was going to give it to a friend but they did not want it after seeing that.

Edit: hahahaha nice Outtrigger ^^^^

bob page

I've always wondered if the delivery guys have any idea as to what's in the packages they're dropping off, at least in cases of big release day items like the PS4. But I'm pretty darn sure mine knew, since he went to the trouble of hiding it under my porch and covering it with my doormat. Good guy.

My UPS guy threw (literally) my package into the lobby of my building. Saw him leave in a hurry, too, as he was about 2 hours behind.

tirminyl

Last time I ever order shit from Amazon ever again.

My package is still in Tennessee, I live in Florida. It won't get here until Monday and they're giving me a $20 code as an apology as if that is going to make me happy.

Put in my fucking order in June and they completely fucked me over. I can't even cancel the damn order now. So fucking angry right now. Just ridiculous.

I know that feeling. It's taking 28hrs and counting to ship something from 2hrs away from me. I couldn't even get a hold. It says it will be delivered by 8pm, so thats 1hr 15min away and I have dinner plans too. I should have just pre-ordered from Best Buy or something and picked it up this morning.

nataku

Anyone know how to disable HDMI audio and only output through optical? I have the Primary Output Port under Audio Output Settings set to digital out (optical), but it's still going through my TV as well as the optical out.

Ricky_R

I gotta say... Was playing KZ and the PS4 got really loud. Will move it from the shelf it's on, that only has a small space for air in the back and put it on top of the TV set and see if it doesn't get as loud.

I'm talking about higher PS3 slim levels of loud. For those who had slims that were loud, you know what I'm talking about.

tino

Banned
I am not planning to get any retail game, what cheap or free games can I get from PSN right now?

Any one want to sell NFS:R to me for $40? :)

Briarios

Anyone know how to disable HDMI audio and only output through optical? I have the Primary Output Port under Audio Output Settings set to digital out (optical), but it's still going through my TV as well as the optical out.

Settings --> Sound and Screen --> Audio Output Settings --> Primary Output Port

That should do it :)

Edit: Oops -- I meant to add, shut off the system and restart. Not useful to just tell you what you know lol

Derrick01

Banned
Last time I ever order shit from Amazon ever again.

My package is still in Tennessee, I live in Florida. It won't get here until Monday and they're giving me a $20 code as an apology as if that is going to make me happy.

Put in my fucking order in June and they completely fucked me over. I can't even cancel the damn order now. So fucking angry right now. Just ridiculous.

Almost exactly the same situation as me right now, only I haven't talked to Amazon about this yet (that's about to fucking change in 2 minutes). My tracking status hasn't changed since it left tennessee at 6am yesterday. I don't even know if it'll be here Monday right now. I'm in Florida and put my order in right after Sony's E3.

MercuryLS

Banned
I really <3 this console, I can't wait until we get some truly AAA games for this thing. Launch software isn't too bad. COD:Ghosts is surprisingly pretty looking (and fun in MP), Killsone is mindblowing graphically.

Overall, quite happy with the purchase.

Shady859

My UPS guy threw (literally) my package into the lobby of my building. Saw him leave in a hurry, too, as he was about 2 hours behind.

That sucks man. My UPS guy is cool, he said PS4 huh? I asked how he knew and he said he had been delivering several similiar sized and weight amazon boxes on his route and some kid had freaked out yelling PS4 PS4 PS4 and thanked him at the door lol.

Dysun

Amazon and UPS fucked me even though its been out for delivery all day. Feel so great about putting in that June 10th order. Load of bullshit, never buying launch items from this farce again

Now they tell me to wait until Tuesday, unacceptable

Downhome

Ha!

I just tricked it into letting me download the games.

I kept clicking on Resogun and Contrast but it kept giving me the maintenance error. Well, I finally decided that when I'd click on the game I'd instantly just start hitting the X button over and over and over again and it worked! Even though I still got the error and would kick me back to the main screen, I got the notification that they were added to be downloaded, and they downloaded just fine.

rataven

Ouch. They do seem to get much more careless the closer it gets to the holidays. No excuse for outright throwing it though.

Briarios

That's what I did, but it's still going through the TV in addition to the optical out.

I know, I'm sorry -- I edited afterwards, I had this problem with the PS3. After you change it, try powering down the system then bringing it back up. I've had to do that before.

bob page

That sucks man. My UPS guy is cool, he said PS4 huh? I asked how he knew and he said he had been delivering several similiar sized and weight amazon boxes on his route and some kid had freaked out yelling PS4 PS4 PS4 and thanked him at the door lol.

Yep- the shiny part of the PS4's front has a scratch on it. I'm gonna talk to Amazon to see if they can give me some credit or something.

DBT85

Just saw on twitter than if you are using HDMI-CEC not only can the PS4 turn everything on as you would expect, you can also control the PS4 UI with the tv remote.

Ugh, buying BF4 digitally is officially my biggest mistake of this gen. Wonder when I'll be able to download it.

System is slick as hell though. But dat network.

Top Bottom