• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

Reule

Awesome, it worked! Thanks.

The PSN store is still not showing any PS Plus recognition, but downloading from the PS App then restoring seems to work fine for now.
Nice. Yeah, freaked me out a little bit. I guess they put that Restore Licenses feature in there for a reason, haha.

Ran rp

AND NOW I'M OUT
LLShC.gif

so did Sony even update their servers or did they just add a paywall and call it a day?

super frustrating

Live will have the exact same issues on launch. Even CoD and BF had issues at launch with servers.

Millions of people trying to connect at once slams servers hard.

Also, did anyone that pre-ordered from Amazon get a mail about the `buy a PS4 and 1 year of PSN and get a $10 PSN bucks' promo? Amazon was listed as a participating retailer this morning, but I haven't heard anything from them. Since they're no longer listed as being a participating retailer though my guess is that they decided not to?

I did it from Amazon and got my code on the 14th at 1pm. It was the KZ bundle. Check your email cuz my phone didnt notify me until last night.

TAS

Matter of preference, but I prefer standby (just like I never turn my PC off).

System can download/install updates in standby as well as charge controllers. Can't do any of that if your system is truly off.

Also, never unplug a system in standby.

Thanks for the info. My only concern was the possibility of overheating in standby mode but I'm sure the system is drawing very little power. Plus that amber light looks sexy.

Pastry

Banned
Is it odd that my favorite thing about Killzone is the zipline?

There should be a MP map that is only platforms that you can zipline between haha.

Ellite25

How does one tell if their game is fully installed or not.

With PSN down, I am trying to just let all my games install
Usually there's a progress bar when you look at the game in your library or on the row of stuff that's already there when you start the system.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Since psn is down, if I play an offline game as user one will I still be able to access that save when I go in with my psn name logged in?

Mik317

Usually there's a progress bar when you look at the game in your library or on the row of stuff that's already there when you start the system.

that wasnt the case with 2k as even after the bar on the homescreen was done, the game still was only half way done. But hopefully that's only 2k.

reKon

Banned
This honestly doesn't surprise me. I need to start clearing my PS3 backlog anyways. If I can't get in PSN, I'm just going to continue playing some max payne

Quick question I have though:

Is using the HDMI cable that comes with the PS4 fine? Or should I use anyone one?

JFunky

Playing killzone disc version, any else's fans like...small vacuum loud ? Lol just wondering if I should be worried

I played killzone for an hour or so earlier and never really heard the fans. The drive occasionally,but my ps4 fans seem to be pretty quiet.

DUMPTRUXX

Banned
This honestly doesn't surprise me. I need to start clearing my PS3 backlog anyways. If I can't get in PSN, I'm just going to continue playing some max pain.

Quick question I have though:

Is using the HDMI cable that comes with the PS4 fine? Or should I use anyone one?

The HDMI cable is fine mang.

Don't jam it in there.

OK, so to solve the pixelated UI with my Bravia I went here and updated the firmware on the TV. It took a while to install (I actually thought it was fucked there for a bit, took about 7-8 minutes). But it rebooted and the PS4 UI looks amazing now :)

Now, just need PSN to unfuck itself so I can sign in.

The dual shock 4 is bigger than I thought it'd be. Wow.

Edit: PSN Unfucked and now am signed in - woohoo.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I cheaped out and went with Super Saver on my Amazon shipping. It won't be here until Monday, along with BF4. It's alright, though. This weekend is jampacked for me, and I knew there would be some kinks that need to get worked out the first weekend.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Last time I ever order shit from Amazon ever again.

My package is still in Tennessee, I live in Florida. It won't get here until Monday and they're giving me a $20 code as an apology as if that is going to make me happy.

Put in my fucking order in June and they completely fucked me over. I can't even cancel the damn order now. So fucking angry right now. Just ridiculous.

KAOS

Kudos to Best Buy for the painless PS4 midnight launch! The system is beautiful! The DS4 is awesome! Killzone is nice! And psn the greatness awaits and awaits and awaits!!! Damn it Sony fix psn!

DR3AM

Dreams of a world where inflated review scores save studios
downloading update. next gen is finally hereeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

OOPS!

Looks like I didn't cancel my original PS4 preorder that I made through Amazon. It shipped to day and is apparently going to show up on Saturday at some point.

Guess I will have to cancel the preorder I have at my local Gamestop (has 245$ paid already)

Top Bottom