• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I know that feeling. It's taking 28hrs and counting to ship something from 2hrs away from me. I couldn't even get a hold. It says it will be delivered by 8pm, so thats 1hr 15min away and I have dinner plans too. I should have just pre-ordered from Best Buy or something and picked it up this morning.

Almost exactly the same situation as me right now, only I haven't talked to Amazon about this yet (that's about to fucking change in 2 minutes). My tracking status hasn't changed since it left tennessee at 6am yesterday. I don't even know if it'll be here Monday right now. I'm in Florida and put my order in right after Sony's E3.

I'm seriously so pissed. This Amazon rep keeps trying to say its UPS's fault when they chose to process my order yesterday afternoon. They completely fucked me over. Seriously regret not preordering it through Gamestop. A more reliable company with better fucking customer service which is totally pathetic.

The 1.5 update downloaded in like five seconds. Can't connect to PSN though :(

That's how it went for me too.

Edit: Just got in.

Press R3 to change to Motion Sensor input on the keyboard. When putting your email, if will show you the last words you input on that area (your email); it just works there, for password, yeah, you've to enter it manually each time you try.

Nice.

jordn613

Unconfirmed Member
After updating AC and rebooting the PS4 seems like the disc drive high pitched whirring noise is gone. Anyone else have any issues with disc drive noise?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Keeps giving me the message "Cannot download" the firmware update? Problem on my end or Sony's? It downloaded like 1/3 of it and then I can restart it but it says it again after restarting and downloading another chunk? Just keep doing it til I get all of it?
KuGsj.gif

I just tested out remote play via WiFi 4g hotspot from my phone in a taco johns. Its actually playable. Too much lag to actually do well in a twitch game but not by much. Very awesome.

DBT85

Keeps giving me the message "Cannot download" the firmware update? Problem on my end or Sony's? It downloaded like 1/3 of it and then I can restart it but it says it again after restarting and downloading another chunk? Just keep doing it til I get all of it?
KuGsj.gif

Just get it on a usb stick.

nataku

I know, I'm sorry -- I edited afterwards, I had this problem with the PS3. After you change it, try powering down the system then bringing it back up. I've had to do that before.

Tried that, didn't work. :(

I guess I can always mute my HDTV, but this seems strange. No one else is having this issue?

EDIT: Maybe I only went to standby. Let me try selecting shut down.

Nope, still the same. Audio through the HDTV and optical out.

Downhome

Just started playing Resogun. I totally forgot that the controller has a speaker on it and at the very start where she calls out "SAVE THE LAST HUMANS" it scared the crap out of me.

Briarios

Tried that, didn't work. :(

I guess I can always mute my HDTV, but this seems strange. No one else is having this issue?

EDIT: Maybe I only went to standby. Let me try selecting shut down.

Doh! I'm a doof -- go into audio format (priority) and choose Bitstream (Dolby) -- or DTS, if that's your thing. I forgot ;( my bad ...

Yondy604

Banned
I need an answer really quick guys since I am about 2 leave.

Does a PS4 COME with playstation plus trial (2 weeks? 1 month?, etc).

I am picking it up from BEST BUY IN CANADA.

Normal unit, no bundle

FHIZ

I need an answer really quick guys since I am about 2 leave.

Does a PS4 COME with playstation plus trial (2 weeks? 1 month?, etc).

I am picking it up from BEST BUY IN CANADA.

Normal unit, no bundle

one month, ten dollars in store credit, and a one month trial to music unlimited.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Worked half day, came home and waited for UPS. Finally had to leave at 2 to run errand. Came back and there it was on the porch. Set up, tried and failed on PSN repeatedly. Played FIFA and lost 2-3 to Madrid. Bale with the winner in extra time. Then had to leave for overnight trip. Bummer.

Just broadcast some Resogun on Twitch. PS4 livestreaming feature is totally killer! I’m gonna go buy the camera.

Also Resogun is Defender on blue meth and I totally love it.

Spinning white ring under disk-based games - does that mean it's still installing? I'd prefer to let it finish before swapping if that's the case.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I know that feeling. It's taking 28hrs and counting to ship something from 2hrs away from me. I couldn't even get a hold. It says it will be delivered by 8pm, so thats 1hr 15min away and I have dinner plans too. I should have just pre-ordered from Best Buy or something and picked it up this morning.

I really got the shaft here. Just look at this shit. The rep has no idea the console even came out today. And he says I can't cancel an order I didn't even get. This is just ridiculous.

Amazon:It's possible to cancel pre-orders but the there's a possibility that you'll lose your place in line and you may not be able to place another order for the item.
However, you can refuse the delivery when the item arrives.
I hope you understand my limitation in this case

Amazon:I'd really like to upgrade the shipping method but I'm also unable to since it has been shipped yesterday.
I apologize but we ask to wait until November 18 before we can refund or replace your order.

Derrick01

Banned
The 19th amazon, really? They didn't even really tell me what the hell went wrong other than a basic "delay" response. I have no idea where my package is right now or if it even exists.

So much for my first ever day 1 console launch.

I've always wondered if the delivery guys have any idea as to what's in the packages they're dropping off, at least in cases of big release day items like the PS4. But I'm pretty darn sure mine knew, since he went to the trouble of hiding it under my porch and covering it with my doormat. Good guy.

We do know, as some of us are gamers ourselves. And that is a cool driver that you have.

Macattk15

Girlfriend has been playing Knack for an hour or so now.

Figured I'd let her play that while I await PSN's return.

Might try Killzone in a bit.

guek

Banned
Yay! I got in! But now I don't know what to buy...blah this launch lineup sucks so much.

I have zero interest in Killzone. I want to play BF4 but I really dislike EA and kinda don't want to support them at all on principle. Already have lego marvel and ACIV on wii u. CoD Ghosts looks really meh all around. Knack got pretty bad reviews. Blah.

The 19th amazon, really? They didn't even really tell me what the hell went wrong other than a basic "delay" response. I have no idea where my package is right now or if it even exists.

So much for my first ever day 1 console launch.

I'm sorry to hear that. Everyone fears a delay. But it might be for the best with PSN down.

Grinchy

Banned
I'm kinda surprised by how well the touchpad thing works for Killzone. I thought I would be somewhat annoyed by it, but I've come to really like using it.

Also just to make sure, there's absolutely no way to use Turtle Beach X11's right? My only bet for headphones would be to plug universal headphones in to my TV?

tirminyl

I really got the shaft here. Just look at this shit. The rep has no idea the console even came out today. And he says I can't cancel an order I didn't even get. This is just ridiculous.

Amazon:It's possible to cancel pre-orders but the there's a possibility that you'll lose your place in line and you may not be able to place another order for the item.
However, you can refuse the delivery when the item arrives.
I hope you understand my limitation in this case

Amazon:I'd really like to upgrade the shipping method but I'm also unable to since it has been shipped yesterday.
I apologize but we ask to wait until November 18 before we can refund or replace your order.

That really sucks. Just spoke with Amazon support and I got the November 18th date as well. I was then offered a $5 discount.

Yay for release day + 3 days shipping.

Edit - They told me to set my expectations for Nov 19th. Great work Amazon.

Top Bottom