• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

AmyS

Whoa.

sOEpQsgl.jpg

Too scared to plug it in, so I think I'll just drink and stare at it.

That's how I felt last night, and this morning.

Finally got the courage early this afternoon. I'm on my 4th hour of BF4 SP, just playing the first 2 missions.

I've stayed the hell away from PSN.

AwShucks

Yay! I got in! But now I don't know what to buy...blah this launch lineup sucks so much.

I have zero interest in Killzone. I want to play BF4 but I really dislike EA and kinda don't want to support them at all on principle. Already have lego marvel and ACIV on wii u. CoD Ghosts looks really meh all around. Knack got pretty bad reviews. Blah.

Ignore your EA hate and get Need For Speed Rivals.

diggler41

Oh thankfully UPS finally showed up. it's only 7:12pm. I do not think I have ever gotten a package from them before 4pm. Ok time to play!

Couldn't find a vertical stand in Canada, have yet to try best buy ill see if i can pop over there over the weekend. Anyone have any luck picking one up from there?

Dibbz

Quick question for US PS4 GAF. How much is Killzone Shadow Fall on PSN and how much does it retail in a store for?

I'm planning on downloading it off the store at launch here in Europe in 2 weeks but if the price difference is large I might just buy the disc version.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
I bought Flower on PS3. Is there any reason it's saying $6.99 and not free? If I "buy" it will it not charge me?

GQman2121

Banned
Quick question for US PS4 GAF. How much is Killzone Shadow Fall on PSN and how much does it retail in a store for?

I'm planning on downloading it off the store at launch here in Europe in 2 weeks but if the price difference is large I might just buy the disc version.

I think most of us cashed in with Target or Amazon's sale, so we're probably not the best group to poll.

Alucrid

Banned

59.99 online. in stores it's 59.99, obviously you can get it cheaper elsewhere though

Absinthe

Finally got into PSN, and started downloading Resogun, Sound Shapes, and Flower.

One thing I noticed is that the system will simultaneously download all applications at the same time but it creates a dramatic slowdown. This may be the cause of peoples consoles crashing during playing/installing a disc based game and downloading a bunch of stuff at the same time. Just like on a PC, the 5400 RPM hard drive has a tough time keeping up and it seems to be the main bottleneck on the system.

I'm seriously so pissed. This Amazon rep keeps trying to say its UPS's fault when they chose to process my order yesterday afternoon. They completely fucked me over. Seriously regret not preordering it through Gamestop. A more reliable company with better fucking customer service which is totally pathetic.

I totally understand why you're upset, I'd be pretty ticked off too in your situation, but I've always gotten really good customer service from Amazon. Certainly better than Gamestop, which has lost my preorder before. It was Skyrim for the PS3 though, so maybe they were doing me a favor =P

Had an awkward time picking up my system just now.

Wrapping up the purchase with the woman behind the counter, the manager jumps on her computer to clock out. She goes to grab my PS4 and jokingly tells the manager that I wouldn't appreciate him getting between me and my system. We all laugh and as I'm in the middle of saying "nah he's good", the manager says "no he wouldn't do anything because I have the right to refuse him his system". I'm still laughing but in my head I'm like "why would you go there?" Then he looks at me and is like "right? right?" like he wants me to acknowledge that he's the boss or whatever.

Shit was stupid but I got my PS4 so whatever. About to open it up and see how bad it's broken.

It'll probably be £39.99 over here.

sqwarlock

Ok, definitely need to get a vertical stand for this if I'm going to stand it that way. Feels just unstable enough for me to be terrified.

What in the fuck is wrong with my controller?!?!

Everything in the menus works, but when I'm in a match in BF4, nothing on it works except for the ps button! Come the fuck on!

UPS finally delivered at 7:00 Central.

Everything hooked up flawlessly. Used a previously installed Monoprice HDMI and optical audio.

Updated via the internet flawlessly.

Signed into PSN with my existing account flawlessly. Redeemed PSN+ code.

Downloading Resogun.

As a massive fan of the 360's controller, the DS4 is probably the nicest controller I've ever held. Materials and weight are perfection.

Yes the PS4 makes a slight clicking when the power cycles.

Peace out.

Have you guys tried the drawing with a tablet in the playroom yet? I don't have a drawing option on my Nexus 7 but it connects to the PS4 just fine.

RotBot

4 hour download estimate on the 300MB firmware update.... I'm installing from a USB drive now.

Does this mean I'm not going to download and play Resogun anytime today?

FroJay

Banned
Not really feeling Resogun, feel like I've "been here before" with Geometry Wars. Cool that it's a free title with PS+. Spent a nice little chunk of time playing Warframe co-op online, enjoyed that quite a bit.

Time to open up my purchases now. Killzone and Black Flag here I come!

Yondy604

Banned
Okay guys.....I need honest, loving, caring, neogaf Advice.

My brother just got his PS4, I have mine preordered for second shipment (December 1st).

The original plan was to BOTH buy PS4 and we have two of them.

But I started thinking recently, maybe it's smarter to buy the new xbox and we will have both the PS4 and new xbox in our house, instead of two ps4s.

This is killing me right now, advice?

Top Bottom