• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

Trogdor1123

Anyone having an issue where the system keeps hoping back to the main page and its first icon? Mine is doing that. I can be in the store and it will just randomly pull out and do that. Its rather annoying but I assume its something that I am doing. I can even be on the main "bar" and like two icons away and it will just shoot me right back...

~Kinggi~

Banned
Anyone else having the UI randomly bump them around to different places. Really annoying. Ill be highlighting something and then the UI will pop me back to somewhere else.

Other than that my Amazon console has been completely problem free. Fast internets and all.

MDSLKTR

Loving what I played of Warframe. Good controls, smooth and great graphics for a f2p title. Online went without a hitch. I can see how it could get boring later on but I know I'll invest some time in it.

Whoever decided that consoles should have touch sensitive buttons has obviously never been in a house with an 18 month old.

Anyone else having the UI randomly bump them around to different places. Really annoying. Ill be highlighting something and then the UI will pop me back to somewhere else.

Other than that my Amazon console has been completely problem free. Fast internets and all.

Not only this, but twice it's taken me out of the game and brought me to the UI. I assume it has something to do with psn being down, but it sure is annoying.

TheGrue

Having this weird issue where the menu jumps back to the default position sometimes when I am scrolling through. What I mean by default position is the square just to the right of What's New. I thought maybe the controller I had was malfunctioning and pressing the PS button (which when you do that, it jumps to the default position), but I tried another controller and the same thing happens. It can happen on the main row or even if I could up to where Settings, Friends, etc. are. If it happens from up there, it will jump down to the default position. Very bizarre behavior.

drproton

It does that when it tries to request information from PSN servers, but they're down right now.

Bebpo

Banned
I updated the firmware and then created my profile (signed into my US PSN account, went through who can see your name/activities) then got PLEASE WAIT and it's been stuck on that for 5 mins and hitting back doesn't do anything.

Should I just hard reset the system right now? Guessing PSN went up and let me in and then went down while creating my user account and it's looking to connect but can't.

TheGrue

Yeah, I just posted a similar post asking about it. Someone mentioned it has to do with reacting to PSN being down and trying to load things.

Dartastic

Is anyone else having weird problems where it'll kick you to the PS Home screen when you just start a game, or when you'll be scrolling around the menus it'll kick you back to the first tile you have? Weird.

I updated the firmware and then created my profile (signed into my US PSN account, went through who can see your name/activities) then got PLEASE WAIT and it's been stuck on that for 5 mins and hitting back doesn't do anything.

Should I just hard reset the system right now? Guessing PSN went up and let me in and then went down while creating my user account and it's looking to connect but can't.

Same exact problem literally just happened to me. I don't know what to do!!!!!

~Kinggi~

Banned
So i just joined to PS+ with 30 day trial, how do i set it so that i get to keep my games and stuff and have it auto-renew to a one-year charge? For some reason it seems like its locking me into a 3-month recharge rebill i cant figure out how to change it.

Having this weird issue where the menu jumps back to the default position sometimes when I am scrolling through. What I mean by default position is the square just to the right of What's New. I thought maybe the controller I had was malfunctioning and pressing the PS button (which when you do that, it jumps to the default position), but I tried another controller and the same thing happens. It can happen on the main row or even if I could up to where Settings, Friends, etc. are. If it happens from up there, it will jump down to the default position. Very bizarre behavior.

Is anyone else having weird problems where it'll kick you to the PS Home screen when you just start a game, or when you'll be scrolling around the menus it'll kick you back to the first tile you have? Weird.
This just started happening for me.

I'm also getting the weird issue with the menus randomly sending me back to the home icon.

Finally got into PSN and bought CoD. After downloading for a little while it sai it was ready to install (sp first) but when I try to install it jay hangs on the install initialize screen. Anyone else getting this? Maybe I need to wait for it to download some more.

Despite some issues I love the console. Controller is great and the UI and store are much better. (Store looks like ps3 store but seems to be faster).

Did anyone have any luck downloading Netflix?, I keep getting a blue screen of nothing, and im too scare to just wait so i end up going back to the home menu, or is the black blue screen normal?

Almighty

This started happening to me recently as well. Sadly i have no idea what the cause is I am hoping it has something to do with PSN. Because when i was offline it didn't happen.

Played all 9 of my launch games. And by that I mean single player because each of them requires a goddamm patch. Kill zone was small but nba has a goddamm 2 gig patch.

Out to eat right now and hoping some of the patches are downloaded so I can play something other than NFS multiplayer.

keuja

Okay guys.....I need honest, loving, caring, neogaf Advice.

My brother just got his PS4, I have mine preordered for second shipment (December 1st).

The original plan was to BOTH buy PS4 and we have two of them.

But I started thinking recently, maybe it's smarter to buy the new xbox and we will have both the PS4 and new xbox in our house, instead of two ps4s.

This is killing me right now, advice?

Do you want to play together with your bro or playing the Xbone exclusives more?
I'd personally choose the 2nd PS4 to play coop games with my brother rather than with a stranger but I have also no interest in the XO exclusives.

Alchemy

Updated, downloaded Resogun and Contrast. Streamed and beat Contrast, played some Resogun. Just powered off my PS4 for the first time after all that, hopefully she turns back on when my brain is rested enough for some Killzone.

_Isaac

So I have to say my first midnight release experience was pretty good. I lined up at Best Buy, and it was a pretty good experience. Everything was so well organized. The staff was pretty positive and engaging and the whole process was really fast. I guess the only negative thing was that a guy was almost mugged on his way out, but at least he got to keep his ps4.

Oncd I got home I was able to get the day one patch pretty easily. I did have trouble connecting to PSN though. I decided to try again in the morning and everything has been working great today. I'm surprised that PSN is still down since I was just playing a few hours of killzone shadowfall multiplayer with no problems.

Dibbz

That's true, but aren't Sony first-party games £40 on retail and digital now?

Are they? Launch seems like all prices will be inflated by £10 though. As long as it's the same price or close it's good enough for me. Bit worried that I will have to download a full game on day 1 when the servers will be getting hammered but it should be worth it in the long run.

If I have some money I'll probably try and grab a disc game as well in case PSN shits the bed all night.

Trying to set up the console, with PSN down is that why I'm running into a rotation please wait as I set up Privacy stuff?

You know the do you want your friends to see what you are playing nonsense?

If so can I safely stop this process and do it later?

Reule

For those that linked Facebook, is your profile picture showing up when you log in to the console? It was earlier today but now it's my PSN avatar. When I go to my PSN Profile, it shows up with my avatar next to it.

Does the touchpad work in the main UI? Mine doesn't and it also will randomly move around in the UI every though I'm not touching anything on the controller.

SRTtoZ

For everyone streaming, remember before you broadcast to press the options button (while you're in the share section) and go to Share settings>Broadcast Settings>Quality and make sure its set to BEST, or else your stream quality will be crap.

vilmer_

Holy SHIT, the difference in Ghosts on the PS4 compared to PS3 is absolutely mind boggling. It looks very good, I didn't think it would look this good.

Top Bottom