• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

drproton

For everyone streaming, remember before you broadcast to press the options button (while you're in the share section) and go to Share settings>Broadcast Settings>Quality and make sure its set to BEST, or else your stream quality will be crap.

Or in my case, set it to low so it doesn't stutter with my shitty Time Warner 1Mb upload.

~Kinggi~

Banned
I am actually having trouble starting a game because it keeps freaking bumping me back out to the UI. What the heck is there a way around this? Should i just sign out of PSN?

DukeSucks

Did anyone have any luck downloading Netflix?, I keep getting a blue screen of nothing, and im too scare to just wait so i end up going back to the home menu, or is the black blue screen normal?

Took a few tries, but I got it. Also took three times to accept my password as being correct

So i just joined to PS+ with 30 day trial, how do i set it so that i get to keep my games and stuff and have it auto-renew to a one-year charge? For some reason it seems like its locking me into a 3-month recharge rebill i cant figure out how to change it.

Had this same question. Best I can tell we will need to cancel the auto rebill near the end of the 30 day trial, then sign up separately for the one year charge. The psn plus faq says your games will be reactivated when your account goes back up under the new sub. Wish it had a more elegant way to change subscription types, like Microsoft has for xbl.

If anyone knows for sure, please correct me!

drproton

Had this same question. Best I can tell we will need to cancel the auto rebill near the end of the 30 day trial, then sign up separately for the one year charge. The psn plus faq says your games will be reactivated when your account goes back up under the new sub. Wish it had a more elegant way to change subscription types, like Microsoft has for xbl.

If anyone knows for sure, please correct me!

You can go ahead and buy a 1-year subscription and it will append to your current 30 days.

PS+ will not auto-renew at anything other than a monthly rate, iirc.

FroJay

Banned
Anyone else think their PS4 is loud? Mine is also running much warmer than my 360 typically did.

Been on PSN all day. Currently playing Killzone singleplayer, this is one purdy game. WarFrame was solid, Resogun didn't impress me (Geometry Wars already did this). Haven't played Contrast yet.

Just shocked at home "loud" the system is.

Plugging in Battlefield 4 first was the right decision. 60 frames-per-second, that sharp resolution. When you get to the first wide open field it's like heaven.

Second best decision was downloading Resogun. What an awesome, basic shooter to show off the hardware's lighting and sound engine. The online co-op mode was quick and found someone in less than a minute. A great time waster.

The UI is great. Fast, responsive, intuitive. Able to hop in and out of software and the dashboard without any hiccups. Also, installs are fast as hell.

Besides the obvious PSN hiccups (PS Plus not recognized at all by the Store so far) and the near three hour system update + Battlefield 4 downloads, it's been smooth sailing so far.

Ok people. Just tell me this. Is BF4 worth it. Is it really.

I like the single player quite a bit. Not the greatest FPS single player campaign ever but good enough to want to finish. As for the multiplayer, I'm a n00b and I only got the chance to play 2 matches before PSN shut down. I couldn't tell ya.

Ok people. Just tell me this. Is BF4 worth it. Is it really.

I think so. It's a showpiece for sure at 60 frames. Went online without a problem in a straight-forward Team Deathmatch. The campaign AI is somewhat incompetent to awful, but it the gameplay (online and off) is smooth as silk with the Dualshock 4.

pargonta

Is there a UI auto snap to the most recent game square in the main hub? the one on the far left.

i can't figure out if my controller is acting up. the UI is phantoming, pressing down or left immediately after i input something in order to get there.

Timu

82d0ecef_DSCF7352.jpeg

c2bbb3fa_DSCF7358.jpeg

11ae0487_DSCF7364.jpeg

It's working perfectly so far, just played Killzone and Knack. Killzone froze randomly, but not too much to ruin the game.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Is it possible to have all sound come through a headset plugged into the controller? Would be very helpful for when playing late night.

Ok, so I got mine from Amazon. I ran the update and (finally) got logged in to PSN. Everything seems good, played maybe an hour of Killzone. Not bad.

I'll tell ya what, I nearly jumped when one of those audiologs from Killzone started coming out of my controller. Loud as shit too.

It was still enjoyable though.

Mondy

Banned
I'm loving what I'm hearing about the DS4. The DS3 is diabolical compared to the 360 controller so Sony had a lot of work to do to improve it.

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
I think if I had the worst 3D printer on Earth I could have replicated the system faster than UPS is taking to deliver it.

Aerogamer

Neo Member
Got the chance to play it for a couple hours, love the controller, no problem so far, just noticed the top of the console on the matte near the vents was a bit warm after a 2 hr session of Shadowfall, I take it that is normal?

BTW how'd you guys go, Vertical or Horizontal?

Beant

Got the chance to play it for a couple hours, love the controller, no problem so far, just noticed the top of the console on the matte near the vents was a bit warm after a 2 hr session of Shadowfall, I take it that is normal?

BTW how'd you guys go, Vertical or Horizontal?

A little heat is nothing to worry about. Glad to see some positive impression after a lot of posts saying they should have ebayed this p.o.s. because of psn problems.

I went horizontal for now, looks soo sleek.

Top Bottom